• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Man, the Oilers really are a huge disappointment this year. I feel for their fans.

I never expected them to make the playoffs this year or anything crazy like that, but I thought getting a guy like McDavid would really be the beginning of them on the right path and that some progress would be made.

But no, here they are again, almost certain to finish dead last.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Stamkos is out 1-3 months?

Come on, Rangers, you can do it!

BakeNRk.jpg

Man, the Oilers really are a huge disappointment this year. I feel for their fans.

I never expected them to make the playoffs this year or anything crazy like that, but I thought getting a guy like McDavid would really be the beginning of them on the right path and that some progress would be made.

But no, here they are again, almost certain to finish dead last.

Don't feel too bad. They'll surely get another first pick out of this.

nubcake

Neo Member
That feeling when you realize that you may have already seen Stamkos' last game as a Bolt and were totally unprepared for it :(

Although on the bright side I suppose this allows Yzerman to see what the team might look like without him in a playoff setting. It's not ideal but it may very well make the decision a little clearer.

Matthews in the crowd at the Coyotes-Caps game. Guys on the coyote radio broadcast have talked about him and mentioned his presence every 2 minutes. The thirst is real.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Matthews in the crowd at the Coyotes-Caps game. Guys on the coyote radio broadcast have talked about him and mentioned his presence every 2 minutes. The thirst is real.

I saw a quote from him earlier tonight on twitter:

"Coyotes are the reason I started playing hockey. We're pretty fortunate to have them in the Valley."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Imagine being as talented as a guy like Hall and having to be on such a shitty and embarrassing team as the Oilers for so long, with no hope in sight, even with a generational player drafted.

Yawnier

Banned
Every one of those Deadmonton players should be on the table to get help on D except for McDavid, and Klefbom who is a relatively young top 3-4 D.

Burn half that team to the ground if you have to Chiapet

One of my stats professors is a huge Oilers fan. His office is literally covered in Oilers shit.

I've had him for several classes and I've always got the feeling he was slightly dead inside.

Maybe it's just because he's been a statistics professor for 25 years. Or maybe it's because he's an Oilers fan.

At least he's old enough to remember the dynasty years.

Top Bottom