• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not scoring on the major and immediately giving up a goal right after, plus Hank in net, means this game is all but over already.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually not sure what the call should be here. I feel like this isn't interference since the contact was part of Hayes trying to make the initial and it was Price who initiated contact, but at the same time it did clearly prevent Price from making a save on the following shot.

Socreges

Banned
I'm actually not sure what the call should be here. I feel like this isn't interference since the contact was part of Hayes trying to make the initial and it was Price who initiated contact, but at the same time it did clearly prevent Price from making a save on the following shot.
I would say no.

Seems to me like the skater needs to have some responsibility to avoid the goaltender and not drag him out of the net. Kind of absurd that this is counted as a good goal.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
What's the reference for the goalie being outside the blue zone?

imBask

Banned
Price was making a save... sure Hayes got caught in his pad by accident, but any accidental tripping or hooking is still a penalty

this makes no sense

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Price was making a save... sure Hayes got caught in his pad by accident, but any accidental tripping or hooking is still a penalty

this makes no sense

And the manner in which Price chose to try to make that save resulted in his getting hooked onto Hayes' leg. Price is responsible for his own positioning just as much as the offensive skater, and most importantly Hayes' skates never entered the blue paint. If everything else about that plays remains the same but Hayes enters the crease in the process, I'm guessing the goal gets waved off.

By the way, that Habs goal was Kevin Klein's fault. He left two Canadiens completely unmarked at the crease to have their way with Hank.

JT POWER KILL GOAL!

Top Bottom