• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2016 |OT| Clear Eyes, Full Salt, Will Lose

Put him in

Gordon-Bombay-480x269.jpg

KingBroly

Banned
I don't see how a bunch of professional adults playing like unmotivated shit is on Bruce. If they need a coach to get them excited to win, they don't belong on the ice.

Look at how he did under us in the Playoffs. It wasn't great. Eventually he lost the team and we fired him for Dale Hunter.

Then everything got dark for a while.

And now Trotz is head coach.

iLLmAtlc

I don't think boudreau should get all the blame. those teams weren't even that great, beating up on the southeast.

The most notorious loss was probably Montreal, but you try winning a series when the other goalie was playing at like .960 lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
Look at how he did under us in the Playoffs. It wasn't great. Eventually he lost the team and we fired him for Dale Hunter.

Then everything got dark for a while.

And now Trotz is head coach.

Ok, well, considering that three coaches have won the Cup in the past six years, and we lost to the eventual champions in 7 games the last two years in a row, who is available and better than Boudreau?

KingBroly

Banned
Your mind must feel very crowded

Well...I was there for Game 6 in 1994 when we beat the Penguins and retired Mario Lemiux's sorry ass for the first time.

Ok, well, considering that three coaches have won the Cup in the past six years, and we lost to the eventual champions in 7 games two out of the last three years, who is available and better than Boudreau?

Game 7 history with the Caps for Bruce:
- Lost to Philly
- Beat Rangers
- Lost to Pittsburgh
- Lost to Montreal

Like I said, he's not a good PLAYOFF head coach. Regular season is a different story.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Like I said, he's not a good PLAYOFF head coach. Regular season is a different story.

I get where you're coming from, but using your logic there are only two good playoff head coaches over the past six years. And they both lost in the first round this year, one very convincingly.

My point is that unless someone proven like that comes on the market, it would be insane to throw Bruce under the bus.

zroid

Banned
Game 7 history with the Caps for Bruce:
- Lost to Philly
- Beat Rangers
- Lost to Pittsburgh
- Lost to Montreal

I dunno man. He made it to game 7 in all those series, that's pretty good, no? Pens won the cup that year, and Montreal was Halak going HAM. People put too much stock in small samples in the playoffs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What the fuck are the Ducks doing?

Does Boudreau really get fired if this ends tonight? He's cursed in the playoffs

Calamari41

41 > 38
I dunno man. He made it to game 7 in all those series, that's pretty good, no? Pens won the cup that year, and Montreal was Halak going HAM. People put too much stock in small samples in the playoffs.

Exactly. Let's list the elimination game records of each non-Quenneville and non-Sutter coach since 2009. Most of them won't even have made it to game 7 in the first place.

I get where you're coming from, but using your logic there are only two good playoff head coaches over the past six years. And they both lost in the first round this year, one very convincingly.

My point is that unless someone proven like that comes on the market, it would be insane to throw Bruce under the bus.

This.

I learned my lesson this year.

KingBroly

Banned

He also got swept by Tampa the year the Bruins won.

I still have fond memories of Halak in that Capitals series.He was an excellent goalie when he was with us, but in the end I'm glad we chose Price over him. Wouldn"t it be nice if Halak came back Vs the Capitals in the ECF?

Top Bottom