• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs 2017 [OT] 100 Years of Playoff Salt

Cmon man. We don't need 2 shitty trilogies (though there is much about ep 3 I do enjoy). Positive thoughts.

post-39725-Darth-Vader-NO-gif-Imgur-Star-Ogwy.gif

ZOONAMI

So, as a casual MN wild fan, what are people's thoughts on them? Doesn't seem like anyone really thinks they can win the cup.

I feel like we need an actual sniper and our goaltending really isn't the best.

If they can get a sniper and somehow improve goaltending they will have a shot?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What did Simon get banned for? At this rate, LeafsGAF will be eliminated before the actual team

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bold prediction: Montreal scores a goal tonight

For anybody keeping track, Montreal hasn't scored a goal on Henrik Lundqvist in the playoffs since 6:54 of the second period in Game 5 of the 2014 Eastern Conference Final.

They're going to score within the first two minutes tonight.

Marvie_3

Banned
So, as a casual MN wild fan, what are people's thoughts on them? Doesn't seem like anyone really thinks they can win the cup.

If the Wild were lube even Manics wouldnt use it.

When Dubnyk is playing well the goaltending is more than adequate. He is a top 10 goalie in the league that got way too fatigued this year playing every game because Kuemper the back up sucks ass.

The Wild were the second highest scoring team in the league this regular season. Offense is not the issue. Last game was a fluke - if every game was as one sided as the Wild/Blues game one was, the Wild would win 95% of the time. Allen was great that night, no we way he keeps that up going forward.

Socreges

Banned
What did Simon get banned for? At this rate, LeafsGAF will be eliminated before the actual team
Probably asking someone who he disagreed with "Are you high?" Seems like everyone in that debate got banned, though some were actually getting pretty rowdy.

Gonna guess it's a 3-day cool off ban.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Simon has been off the chain and completely out of control for a while now, I hope he uses this time to get the help he needs and learn how to control his blistering anger.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We need to win 3-0 tonight. That's the only way to put the narrative back to "we only scored once on Price in two games!".

:\

Fun fact: since the Rangers' recent era of playoff success began in 2012, the Rangers are only 2-13 in games following a win that gave them a series lead. We are really, really bad at this whole "Game 2" thing.

Montreal in 2014 was one of those 2, by the way.

Just saw the Kesler clip. The image of him sitting there while everyone starts attacking him is hilarious.

it brought a tear to my eye.

Also, for being cowardly it was a lot of punishment. I would have avoided getting beat up.

You know what? Kesler killed the time and did whatever it took to win.

He's... ALL IN.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The only cowards in that sequence were the Flames bullies who rained attacks down on a defenseless hockey player whose only crime was accidentally falling down and being unable to get up, despite his best efforts.

The only cowards in that sequence were the Flames bullies who rained attacks down on a defenseless hockey player whose only crime was accidentally falling down and being unable to get up, despite his best efforts.

They thought Kesler was hiding a better cable TV service offering so they went ham trying to get details

iLLmAtlc

I believe Bob McGowan was just calling out for the league for their shitty USA national TV audiences. Good on him, nobody talks about this enough. When Bettman took over the NHL was probably on par with the NBA in national US popularity and it's been on a steady decline since. Just look at the staggering difference between the NBA and NHL TV deals damnit.

I believe Bob McGowan was just calling out for the league for their shitty USA national TV audiences. Good on him, nobody talks about this enough. When Bettman took over the NHL was probably on par with the NBA in national US popularity and it's been on a steady decline since. Just look at the staggering difference between the NBA and NHL TV deals damnit.

Two lockouts didn't help. It sucks how the NHL has regressed so much on the national stage here. The criticism Bettman gets is justified.

calder

When Bettman took over the NHL was probably on par with the NBA in national US popularity

Nah, not even remotely close. But there is no doubt the NHL has declined in popularity more than other leagues in an age of fragmenting audiences and Bettman deserves a lot of criticism for his tenure. I'd say the labour stoppages are the worst things but there's a LOT to choose from when discussing his low points.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nah, not even remotely close. But there is no doubt the NHL has declined in popularity more than other leagues in an age of fragmenting audiences and Bettman deserves a lot of criticism for his tenure. I'd say the labour stoppages are the worst things but there's a LOT to choose from when discussing his low points.
Yeah theres no way the NHL was as popular as the NBA. Its always been a distant 4th.

iLLmAtlc

Sorry I was definitely wrong about that. I only said it because one of my professors used to complain about Bettman all the time and he showed us a picture of a Sports Illustrated cover saying "why the nhl is hot and the nba is not." I've done more digging about it now and somebody on HF bought the article and said it never claimed the NHL was close.

But I believe the point still stands. The league has to do something about those shitty audiences.

PillarEN

Sorry I was definitely wrong about that. I only said it because one of my professors used to complain about Bettman all the time and he showed us a picture of a Sports Illustrated cover saying "why the nhl is hot and the nba is not." I've done more digging about it now and somebody on HF bought the article and said it never claimed the NHL was close.

But I believe the point still stands. The league has to do something about those shitty audiences.

There is only one solution. A massive influx of Central and Eastern European immigrants. Give them free land in all those non-hockey markets.

Top Bottom