• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Marvie_3

Banned
Gotta love running these L.A. scumbags out of the building down 0-2. Just gotta keep playing the way they're playing and they should be alright. Series is far from over though. Gonna be 2 tough games coming up in L.A.

Last call for a podcast tonight.

Ok let's see how you do in our house.
Will be hard to do worse than you did in ours.

Acid08

Banned
Gotta love running these L.A. scumbags out of the building down 0-2. Just gotta keep playing the way they're playing and they should be alright. Series is far from over though. Gonna be 2 tough games coming up in L.A.

Last call for a podcast tonight.
Who's on so far?

Marvie_3

Banned
I'd be on if I followed Rounds 2 and 3 at all, which I don't really because fuck those teams.

iyRMcvx71aU6P.gif
Same here. I'd like to be on for some sort of offseason podcast though.
Well, the plan was to do one every week year round. From mid-July to mid-Sept it's probably gonna be more off topic than actual hockey talk......unless we decided to spend a lot of time covering the AIHL....which we totally could.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
iyRMcvx71aU6P.gif

Well, the plan was to do one every week year round. From mid-July to mid-Sept it's probably gonna be more off topic than actual hockey talk......unless we decided to spend a lot of time covering the AIHL....which we totally could.

I might actually be more interested in this :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
We need another person.

Anyone.

edit: nevermind we'll try for tomorrow. Come on guys. GIVE BACK TO OUR INSULAR COMMUNITY. SAY STUPID THINGS ON MIC.

Seriously. You can't be any worse than the half-retarded mush-mouthed shit I say.

From now on, we're just going to start recording with 3 people some weeks if we can't get a 4th. I hate spamming the thread looking for people to hop in and delaying recordings gives me less time to get editing done.

Hawks-age, bring it in and take a knee.

I'm proud of you guys tonight. You're halfway there. You have all our hope riding on your shoulders. You did well boys.

Put 'em in!

Alucard

Banned
Prediction for tonight:

4-1 Pens. Bruins media crumble under their own hubris and suck my nuts through a bubble tea straw.

UberTag

Prediction for tonight:

4-1 Pens. Bruins media crumble under their own hubris and suck my nuts through a bubble tea straw.
Sorry Alucard. You must be getting Bruins media confused with Toronto or Pittsburgh.
We don't believe in hubris.

In fact, any team showing hubris in a conference final showdown with 3 recent Stanley Cup champions would be outright delusional.

I'm still deciding on whether to wear my 6-0 jersey tonight.

Logic dictates that the Penguins won't cough up a 2nd consecutive loss at home... something that did not happen at all this season at the CONSOL Energy Center except for the very first two home games of the year (both embarrassing 3-goal losses to the Leafs and Islanders). But the Penguins did lose both of their home games to the Sabres this season so it's not entirely unprecedented and this is the first time they've been behind in a series and under enormous pressure to respond.

Incidentally, the last time Boston won Game 1 of a playoff series at their opponent's rink and they went on to lose a series was way back in 1994 versus the Devils.

I'm still deciding on whether to wear my 6-0 jersey tonight.

Logic dictates that the Penguins won't cough up a 2nd consecutive loss at home... something that did not happen at all this season at the CONSOL Energy Center except for the very first two home games of the year (both embarrassing 3-goal losses to the Leafs and Islanders). But the Penguins did lose both of their home games to the Sabres this season so it's not entirely unprecedented and this is the first time they've been behind in a series and under enormous pressure to respond.

Are you trying to decide whether or not to wear a "lucky" jersey tonight so you can keep it undefeated?

UberTag

I've never pretended that there isn't some rationale that goes into the jersey being worn.
I didn't think the Bruins would be able to pull off wins as easily as they did against the Rangers and hence didn't adorn the jersey in that series until Game 5.
Doesn't change the fact that they're sporting a perfect record when I do wear the jersey.

I have to be selective about these things because it wouldn't exactly be realistic to wear the jersey every game and expect your team to go 16-0. I've also got a lucky hat I've only worn twice this playoff run (Game 7 vs. Toronto, Game 5 vs. the Rangers) that I'm trotting out when I think the Bruins will clinch.

Probably not going to wear it tonight (or Game 3) but I'm open to having my mind changed.

-CRASH-

Banned
probably getting banned for good soon. just wanted to say I still believe the kings can take this series and I hope every single one of you haters will taste the tears streaming down your faces.

Montresor

Gotta hope Boston wins the Cup as a Leaf fan. That way I can say "we took the champs to game 7 in the first round." It's all I can hang my hat on.

Oh well, the conference finals and the SC finals will be great no matter what.

UberTag

I haven't taken off my "lucky" underwear since the start of the playoffs.
My lucky playoff beard's staying on my face. Can't exactly remove that when I cherry-pick games.

Gotta hope Boston wins the Cup as a Leaf fan. That way I can say "we took the champs to game 7 in the first round." It's all I can hang my hat on.
Not just Game 7 in the first round but OVERTIME in Game 7 after being behind 3 games to 1.
The Leafs did themselves proud. That's something Toronto fans can't say at the end of many seasons. I like your attitude.

UberTag

I'm assuming Vokoun is still starting over MAF tonight, correct?
I'm putting my jersey on if MAF is in net to start the game.

Top Bottom