• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Marvie_3

Banned
He has a +1.4% score adj CF%rel this season (27 games). +1.6% two seasons ago (31 games). I'm certainly ok with giving him a chance.

By comparison, Holzer is -3.0% in 33 games this season.

Trading Holzer for anything while getting Erixon for nothing would be a coup.

Holy effing "advanced stats" blinders. Erixon is fucking garbage. Couldn't even stick on the Hawks asstacular 3rd pairing. Rundblad would get benched by Q for the smallest thing and he'd still be on the ice more than Erixon.

zroid

Banned
Holy effing "advanced stats" blinders. Erixon is fucking garbage. Couldn't even stick on the Hawks asstacular 3rd pairing. Rundblad would get benched by Q for the smallest thing and he'd still be on the ice more than Erixon.

Did I say he's going to be a valuable piece long term? No.

He's better than Holzer who may fetch us a draft pick from some sucker GM, and he's young with some potential upside, with underlying stats to back that up. There is no risk here.

That a player can't fit on a top 5 team isn't an argument for him not fitting on a bottom 5 team

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So it sounds like the Rangers are working on something based around the idea of Mats Zuccarello for Cam Atkinson, either directly or indirectly. AV was also in meetings today and not on the ice at practice as a result and would not confirm when asked afterwards that Zuccarello would be in tomorrow night's lineup.

This is not an improvement.

Marvie_3

Banned
Point still stands. You're a professional athlete. This shit happens all the time.

So because he's a pro athlete, "journalists" should be able to write anything they want about him? Not saying that something didn't happen with Sharp, but considering how many different rumors have come out, some of these "journalists" are almost certainly making shit up to get attention. They should absolutely be held to the fire for it. The last thing we need is more tabloid style bullshit writing.

I heard Patrick Sharp likes to sniff sharpies during sex and never puts the caps back on. Anonymous but VERY CLOSE source to the team tells me so.
Source: Dried up sharpie

Cake Boss

Banned
So it sounds like the Rangers are working on something based around the idea of Mats Zuccarello for Cam Atkinson, either directly or indirectly. AV was also in meetings today and not on the ice at practice as a result and would not confirm when asked afterwards that Zuccarello would be in tomorrow night's lineup.

This is not an improvement.

Atkinson is a good player. Really underrated.

Socreges

Banned
This is the second time you've tried to call me out directly. Why you mad? As far as I can tell, your gimmick is being known for being drunk on a message board. Think bout that.
It's long been Cake Boss' raison d'etre to elevate the level of discourse from inflammatory rhetoric to thoughtful discussion. You may have fallen under his crosshairs but understand that he only endeavours toward the best for this community.

Marvie_3

Banned
I heard Patrick Sharp likes to sniff sharpies during sex and never puts the caps back on. Anonymous but VERY CLOSE source to the team tells me so.

Your writing is good enough to get you a job with almost any sports media company.

Cake Boss

Banned
It's long been Cake Boss' raison d'etre to elevate the level of discourse from inflammatory rhetoric to thoughtful discussion. You may have fallen under his crosshairs but understand that he only endeavours toward the best for this community.

Someone who gets me ;)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dubnyk, Price and Ovechkin named NHL three stars of the month for February

So because he's a pro athlete, "journalists" should be able to write anything they want about him? Not saying that something didn't happen with Sharp, but considering how many different rumors have come out, some of these "journalists" are almost certainly making shit up to get attention. They should absolutely be held to the fire for it. The last thing we need is more tabloid style bullshit writing.
It's a scumbag move but it's nothing new. Freedom of speech and all that, it comes with the territory.

Merguson

Banned

BREAKING NEWS: I would be very surprised if the dried-up sharpie didn't belong to Patrick Sharp, but if it doesn't belong to Patrick Sharp, then I wouldn't be surprised.

fallout

Kessseeelllllllll

BRouIfj.png

Marvie_3

Banned
It's a scumbag move but it's nothing new. Freedom of speech and all that, it comes with the territory.

Not how it works. Sure, a person can say whatever they want, but freedom of speech doesn't protect them from the consequences of what they say.

trifelife

Hm, I must have missed the thoughtful discourse - maybe it was hidden behind his giant, throbbing hetro-cock smashing so many pussies?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Atkinson is a good player. Really underrated.

I actually do like Atkinson, and he would fit in well and is a big cap savings (and it feels like he always scores when we play the BJs). Zuccarello feels too important to the locker room, and his numbers are better than Atkinson's pretty much across the board as near as I can tell, despite having a "not so great" year compared to last.

I understand the logic of the move, but it feels like moving things for the sake of moving things. This team is still on the short list of teams with a realistic chance to win the Cup this year. I'd rather take my chances with Zuccarello walking in July than making a move like this right now.

There's also the fact that the wings are the places where we have the LEAST issues. We need help in center to fix our faceoff issue, and we need a real bottom pairing on defense to take some pressure off of the top 4. Of course, the 2+ million in cap savings with Atkinson might open up room to make a move for one of those, but that's a big "might."

Marvie_3

Banned
I actually do like Atkinson, and he would fit in well and is a big cap savings (and it feels like he always scores when we play the BJs). Zuccarello feels too important to the locker room, and his numbers are better than Atkinson's pretty much across the board as near as I can tell, despite having a "not so great" year compared to last.

I understand the logic of the move, but it feels like moving things for the sake of moving things. This team is still on the short list of teams with a realistic chance to win the Cup this year. I'd rather take my chances with Zuccarello walking in July than making a move like this right now.

There's also the fact that the wings are the places we were have the LEAST issues. We need help in center to fix our faceoff issue, and we need a real bottom pairing on defense to take some pressure off of the top 4. Of course, the 2+ million in cap savings with Atkinson might open up room to make a move for one of those, but that's a big "might."
Roszival's cap hit is 2M! I think we found your man!

zroid

Banned
lmao, because a zuccarello trade is a current topic i thought you were announcing zucc was traded for domi for a second

:lol

funnily enough I just read that a Coyotes trade is happening

YQJbXIf.png

edit: WTF???

pCTJJjf.png

we may have just upended space-time...

Yawnier

Banned
Toronto is getting calls on Holzer

BREAKING news from Eklund. Holzer might be traded, but he could stay in Toronto too. Wouldn't surprise me if someone traded for him, but there is a spot on the leafs for him as well. Stay tuned.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

funnily enough I just read that a Coyotes trade is happening

YQJbXIf.png

edit: WTF???

pCTJJjf.png

we may have just upended space-time...

Could be Yandle...

EDIT: New tweets coming in. It IS Yandle.

NHLSourcesSay ‏@NHLSourcesSay 1m1 minute ago
*Breaking News* #Rangers acquire Keith Yandle from #Coyotes WOW

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m1 minute ago
NYR are deep into discussions to acquire defenceman Keith Yandle from ARI but it's reportedly not done yet. If it gets done, it will be big.

I guess this is where I should also mention that Dan Girardi was not at practice today...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
ARI will want Anthony Duclair and a first-round pick if they're to give up Yandle. #TradeCentre.

WAT?

SATHER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yandle's cap hit is pretty damn big. We would need to open up a significant amount of money to make it happen.

Zuccarello amounts of money.

Top Bottom