• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo considers "sales promotion campaign" for Gamecube

Rhindle

explodet

"Hmmm. Maybe we should advertise this holiday season."
BRILLIANT!

Seriously, either a price drop or a free game or two are the obvious choices.

Alcibiades

maybe a temp price cut, or some sort of rebate or something.

Best thing would be to just do the free Zelda Collection again, except replacing the Wind Waker demo with a video trailer of the new maturelda (or having both, even throwing in some Four Swords stuff maybe).

That would be a big hit, and would hopefully send the Zelda Collection disc value falling a bit.

I have 3 sealed discs of the Collection and could make some money off them, but it irks me cause I think everyone should be able to enjoy them for a budget price. They probably won't do it though because of the Zelda II NES-Classic coming out on GBA, but who knows...

AniHawk

Society said:
GCN+GBA bundle.

That would be a good decision. Help get rid of any extra GBA regulars. Maybe throw in a Pac-Man Vs. game and link cable as well.

"Hmmm. Maybe we should advertise this holiday season."
BRILLIANT!

:lol Really.

Efra: That re-released Zelda disc is a pretty damn good idea. Especially if they advertise it as "buy a GC and get a disc with a trailer for the brand new Legend of Zelda game," showing clips from the trailer. I think the Zelda collection will make a comeback next year with a price drop to $80.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
A NES bundle. All the Nintendo made NES games on a single disc.

That would be a hoot! One drawback would be the less than ideal d-pad on the GCN controller.

Alcibiades

Gahiggidy said:

That would be a hoot! One drawback would be the less than ideal d-pad on the GCN controller.
not when you can sell millions at $20 a pop

Sho Nuff

Banned
Gahiggidy said:

IAWTPBIWNH

(I agree with this post but it will never happen)

I think Nintendo shoud do either one of the below bundles or all of them:

GC + 1 pad + Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker + Metroid Prime = $99

GC + 2 pads + MK:DD + SSB:M = $99

GC + 1 pad + Metroid Prmie 2 = $99

hirokazu

i think its better for them to offer bundles than more price drops - price drops just further the impression that the GC isn't worth much, after the initial sales spike it causes, IMO - though it is very much dependent on how well their marketting is, i guess.

Grubdog

Banned
They don't need anymore bundles, the system is cheap enough, if someone geniunely wants one, they can afford one. But that's the problem, not enough people want them, Nintendo simply need to advertise better and show people what they've got to offer. Most people don't want a GC because they have no idea about all the great games it has to offer.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Why does Nintendo not do special bundles in America? They had a special edition GCN for when the Tigers (Japan) won.

I think a World Series Edtion GCN (for whomever wins) will be really neat. Superbowl Edition?

Rebuplican/Democat version? :lol

Che

Banned
``Our GameCube hardware business was slightly hurt by price cuts by our rivals ... but we're considering launching a sales promotion campaign for the peak Christmas shopping season and expect to achieve our full-year sales target,'' Nintendo Senior Managing Director Yoshihiro Mori told a news conference.

slightly?!?!?

hirokazu

Grubdog said:
They don't need anymore bundles, the system is cheap enough, if someone geniunely wants one, they can afford one. But that's the problem, not enough people want them, Nintendo simply need to advertise better and show people what they've got to offer. Most people don't want a GC because they have no idea about all the great games it has to offer.

bundles can work well if they're done right. Nintendo just doesn't do them right.

Memles

If they've got any old GBAs sitting around in Warehouses, I say throw that and Pac-Man Vs. with a lnk cable in, as AniHawk suggested. If not, Mario Bros. Bundle (Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine) with Two Controllers (One Mario one from Club Nintendo, One Luigi one from Club Nintendo) for $120.

Top Bottom