• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo DS Manual - available for download

Blackbird

no, but since I noticed there were quite a lot of people asking for this manual (through mail, pm's, etc) and this is one of the larger communities around, we decided to let you all know thorugh this channel as well.

[edit]
yes, just those two pages, but mind you: the booklet isn't really printed out on A4. Do some cutting and you'll get the full amount of pages ;)

Blackbird said:
no, but since I noticed there were quite a lot of people asking for this manual (through mail, pm's, etc) and this is one of the larger communities around, we decided to let you all know thorugh this channel as well.

[edit]
yes, just those two pages, but mind you: the booklet isn't really printed out on A4. Do some cutting and you'll get the full amount of pages ;)

Spamming is still spamming.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
I wonder why noone bitches when the people from Japan post links to their sites. I normally never go to Cube-Europe and appreciate the heads-up.

G4life98

cybamerc said:
I wonder why noone bitches when the people from Japan post links to their sites. I normally never go to Cube-Europe and appreciate the heads-up.

hey stop making sense...this is GAF.

Blackbird

cybamerc said:

well, it's not really uncommon to bitch on European sites. US sites are considered a bit 'higher' already, and Asia is just top-of-the-bill... :-/

but please, don't think I posted this because I wanted C-E to have more hits (even though I'm part of the forum-staff there). If I would've wanted more hits, why wouldn't I have posted the very same article on my own spin-off (the gba.n64 one) and only post a link to that place?

miyuru

Yeah this is actually interesting, it's not like he's saying "check out our review" or whatever. The internet is a sad place sometimes. People are against other people posting wanted ads for sites too, I mean what's the big deal? A lot of people would love to write for sites but don't know where to begin.

And it's funny how nobody bitches about Japanese magazine scans.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
When you put 3 links, one of which repeats twice, it just looks a little like spamming. I know that's not your intention, but that's why people are jumping on ya. People post info and links to sites all the time, but not like "Oh look, IGN.COM has a preview of this game, IGN.COM say's it's really good, so go to IGN.COM for more information". See what I mean? Just give a brief summary, and post one quick link at the end.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"Make sure that there is no obstacles between the Nintendo DS systems."

Yes, you'd better make sure there isn't none

cybamerc said:

Well I'm against that as well, so I'm not a hypocrit on that front :p To that end, I think sites that use magazine scans are weaksauce.

Blackbird said:
well, it's not really uncommon to bitch on European sites. US sites are considered a bit 'higher' already, and Asia is just top-of-the-bill... :-/

Funny I never heard that stereotype before. There seem to be a lot more tabloid style European sites (oh and wasn't Cube Europe the site that posted the BS Beyond Good & Evil sequel news, and the fake Revolution Metroid news?), but that's about as far as I've seen it go. All in all, all regions seem to have some good and some bad sites.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Cube-Europe publishes a lot of crap but at least this is legitimate material that some people will find interesting. I don't see the problem to be honest.

Laurent

gofreak said:
When you put 3 links, one of which repeats twice, it just looks a little like spamming. I know that's not your intention, but that's why people are jumping on ya. People post info and links to sites all the time, but not like "Oh look, IGN.COM has a preview of this game, IGN.COM say's it's really good, so go to IGN.COM for more information". See what I mean? Just give a brief summary, and post one quick link at the end.
I also think that is the only reason why people are outraged...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Comeone guys, do you have to have WWW.CUBE-EUROPE.COM plastered all over the damn thing in such a dark hue of grey? Would it have really increased pirating of this supposed exclusive if it were a tad lighter?

Anyways thanks for the manual scans!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
By teh way, the manual confirms what that OH SO SECRET connection next to the headphone jack is. Yes I know that through intelligent speculation GAF was able to figure it out on their own but it's nice to see official confirmation from Nintendo themselves.

Oh an the manual confirms another hotly speculated topic, you cannot play multiplayer games with only one game cartridge. While this STILL remains to be seen the manual specifically states that you need the same amount of software as the number of players that want to play.

Some news on multiplayer: you can't play near wireless LANs, systems must face each other, no obstacles blocking the systems, and you must stay within 3 meters for optimum performance.

Headset seems utterly pointless to me. Built in mic and stereo speakers already.. I was hoping the port was for something else I guess.

Pretty short manual as well for something as techy as DS. This obviously won't be representative of what the consumer model will be like.. with a touch screen and wifi I imagine there'll be more on those things and a troubleshooting section.

I can't wait to see the manual for the new model actually.

snapty00

Banned
Geez, the pictures have been watermarked to death. Is it really that important that other sites don't steal that precious manual that wasn't created by you in the first place?

snapty00 said:
Geez, the pictures have been watermarked to death. Is it really that important that other sites don't steal that precious manual that wasn't created by you in the first place?

I agree that they watermarked the hell out of those, almost to the point of being unreadable, but they have every right to protect their content from douchebags. Stealing news is a huge problem in the "gaming journalism" field.

Blackbird

ManDudeChild said:
I agree that they watermarked the hell out of those, almost to the point of being unreadable, but they have every right to protect their content from douchebags. Stealing news is a huge problem in the "gaming journalism" field.

hehe... so true.
Just take SPoNG for example. They used one of the only pieces that wasn't covered by the watermark to 'suddenly' come up with the "secret port = headset"-story. Worst thing is, they claim NoA is their source (even though I tried to fit 'their' image on 'ours'... perfect fit)

Top Bottom