• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

3phemeral

When Wii is turned off, it will never sleep!

Wii connect 24:

Console constantly connected to internet -- which means developers can indicate to you when new content is available.

Aurora

Wii Connect 24

Wii can download game upgrades even when it's off (standby). Awesome!!

Can't wait for Zelda: TP online information.

StRaNgE

Banned
Danthrax said:
What is Iwata saying, Gaffers? There's no speakers on these damn lab computers!

he is saying load times suck!

that he as most of us are busy people.

that he is spoiled by the ds and being able to just turn it on and play instant with no load times and shut it to put it to sleep. now he says the wii will solve this for consoles.

tetris could be born again on the VC

talking about Wii never sleeping always being connected when off.

you can get things from others even while your not home with the console off.

(weapons, or Animal crossing stuff)

Docpan

Wow, Nintendo really rocked this conference. They totally sold me on the Wii.... This is awesome.

This stuff about always being connected to the net is so neat.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
StRaNgE said:
he is saying load times suck!

that he as most of us are busy people.

that he is spoiled by the ds and being able to just turn it on and play instant with no load times and shut it to put it to sleep. now he says the wii will solve this for consoles.

tetris could be born again on the VC

talking about Wii never sleeping always being connected when off.

you can get things from others even while your not home with the console off.

(weapons, or Animal crossing stuff)

Sweet, thanks.

As for all the Opera haters: Look at it this way -- at least we've got a browser coming standard on the thing! Hells yeah :D

shpankey

not an idiot
Zelda looks good, Sonic looks good. The rest is underwhelming (for me) on the Wii. I'm not into handhelds though.

To be honest, I see that Nintendo has once again taken care of all their fans but haven't done anything to attract the Xbox and Playstation type gamers. Looks like their just aiming for grandma and grandpa and aunt Jennie, etc.

Jasoco

Banned
Animal Crossing 24/7! About time! Turns your game and console into a sort of web site. Always on as long as you have internet connection. Brilliant!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wii sports 3 games in one package. I imagine they are final graphics then

Top Bottom