• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

ethelred

Scrow said:
i really hope Tingle is a central character in Zelda: TP and Zelda: PH.

edit: omfg... i just saw that wiicast. wtf? it was terrible. what scares me is we hope that the IGN boards are filled with 10 years olds, but in fact it's filled with pathetic fully grown men like this...

*beep* "oh, that's my dinner."

:lol

Tingle RPG, GOTY.

ethelred

littlewig said:
I still blame IGN for the cancellation of the Tingle RPG. I'm glad Nintendo is sticking it to IGN, those bastards.

Nintendo hasn't said anything about Tingle RPG being cancelled...

It was revealed at the same time as a bunch of other games like Wario Thief which we're just now starting to see in near-release state.

littlewig

Banned
ethelred said:

It was revealed at the same time as a bunch of other games like Wario Thief which we're just now starting to see in near-release state.

I'm pretty sure when Zelda: PH was revealed, either Miyamoto or Aonuma said the game was cancelled because they heard not many Americans liked tingle.

ethelred

littlewig said:
I'm pretty sure when Zelda: PH was revealed, either Miyamoto or Aonuma said the game was cancelled because they heard not many Americans liked tingle.

Do you have a link? I have never heard/read that before.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
littlewig said:

I always thought Tingle added this element of creepy subtext to Zelda games--especially Wind Waker--that added a complexity only an adult could pick up on. Honestly, slave-driving those guys out in the middle of the ocean, turning Tingle Tower.. bizarre.

Maybe it's just the feeling of playing a Zelda game getting to me, but I actually thought Tingle added something really playful and charming to Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. So, sue me. He represents the big creepy kid in us all, who still want to flash back and be Link again--

save the world for a while.

ethelred

littlewig said:
Hmm, it seems like the info came from the fake interview TSA has with Aonuma. So, sorry about that, you're right, we haven't had word on the Tingle RPG since it was announced I believe.

That's more like it. Nintendo better not fuck with my Tingle RPG. :)

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Amir0x said:
DrGAKMAN said:
My predictions:
-Sony Conference- ONE CONSOLE FUTURE OFFICIAL PS3 WAGGLE SHOCK CONTROLLER...Wii AM ROSEBUDDED, GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER
-Nintendo Conference- Wiimote, wiimote, wiimote...oh wait what's this: A BUILT-IN CAMERA TOO, the "secret" (tm) is that Wii CAN SEE YOU NOW, PS3 CUNTER-TRUMP TOTAL
-Microsoft Conference- Hey guys, we should be focussing all our efforts on X360 games, but here's the HD-DVD strap-on & X-BOY portable connectivity gaming system 'cos everybody's doin' it yo...NEW HARDWARE FTW, oh yeah and Halo 3, 'cos that's all we got
-E3 Day 2 06- Sony later announces possible launch price for PS3 to save face/continue hype
-E3 Day 3 06- Nintendo counters soon after: "we're launching with Mario in Japan in 1 month...oh yeah, and for like $200 cheaper"
:lol :lol :lol

Oh Gosh, my gut...

HA HA HA...I mis-spelled counter

ethelred said:
Tingle RPG wasn't even announced until November, so I'd LOVE to know how Nintendo could announce its cancellation prior to E3. :)

That's where the quote came from. They(Aunoma) mentioned as to why Tingle wasnt included in the game. The whole Tingle rpg Ive never heard of being true

unifin

Scrow said:
i really hope Tingle is a central character in Zelda: TP and Zelda: PH.

edit: omfg... i just saw that wiicast. wtf? it was terrible. what scares me is we hope that the IGN boards are filled with 10 years olds, but in fact it's filled with pathetic fully grown men like this...

*beep* "oh, that's my dinner."

Ouch. Hey, guys, not all IGNer's are like that! :lol

But a lot of them are, and it's obnoxious. :(

ethelred

gamergirly said:
That's where the quote came from. They(Aunoma) mentioned as to why Tingle wasnt included in the game. The whole Tingle rpg Ive never heard of being true

We are not talking about Twilight Princess (old news). We're talking about Tingle RPG for the DS. Tingle RPG hasn't been cancelled.

Emotions

Hey Amir0x you've been hinting a lot about PS3 and XBOX360 stuff , do you have any info about Wii? Are Wii going to own E3 or something?

Chrono

Banned
I posted this in the pre-E3ton thread but I'm guessing nobody is reading that thread now.....

Remember the amazing surprise when Twilight Princess was shown off at E3 2004? Nintendo's press conference on Tuesday will be something on the order of two dozen of those "holy shit!" moments, all strung together. Fanboy tears will flow.

http://blog.wired.com/games/

^Kobun Heat's E3 predictions. Sorry if it's been already posted.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
Amir0x said:
No, you just MIS-placed your sanity.

Do you really think with all the CAPS and everything that I was serious...you like to try to keep me in check, which is fine...I am "dangerous", but I was joking...

...except about the camera part
NINTENDO WILL TOTALLY DOMINATE WITH AUGMENTED REALITY

User 7575

Banned
Matt Predictions, don't know if they've been posted

1. Nintendo and Sony Keep Wii and PlayStation 3 price points a secret
2. Microsoft unveils a massive lineup of downloadable Xbox Live Arcade games to combat Nintendo's virtual console
3. Metroid Prime 3 confirmed as Wii launch title
4. New Wii Mario shown on video, but not playable
5. At least thee new Wii IPs from Nintendo and its teams, one of them a "sandbox" style game
6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii shown, but not playable, and void of online functionality
7. Most, if not all Wii games shown exclusively at Nintendo's E3 booth
8. Zelda: Twilight Princess demoed for Wii
9. A number of Wi surprise titles that nobody could have predicted
10. Metroid Dread for DS returns? Well, a man can dream...

edit: Sandbox is scary and the FFCC thing about "lacking" online is a straight up lie. You need some filler. What is a sandbox style game?

Amir0x

Banned
Emotions said:
Hey Amir0x you've been hinting a lot about PS3 and XBOX360 stuff , do you have any info about Wii? Are Wii going to own E3 or something?

Wii is going to win E3 hands down. I don't think there's much to elaborate on; it's gonna dominate.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
MaestroRyan said:
Matt Predictions, don't know if they've been posted

1. Nintendo and Sony Keep Wii and PlayStation 3 price points a secret
2. Microsoft unveils a massive lineup of downloadable Xbox Live Arcade games to combat Nintendo's virtual console
3. Metroid Prime 3 confirmed as Wii launch title
4. New Wii Mario shown on video, but not playable
5. At least thee new Wii IPs from Nintendo and its teams, one of them a "sandbox" style game
6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii shown, but not playable, and void of online functionality
7. Most, if not all Wii games shown exclusively at Nintendo's E3 booth
8. Zelda: Twilight Princess demoed for Wii
9. A number of Wi surprise titles that nobody could have predicted
10. Metroid Dread for DS returns? Well, a man can dream...
GOTS if true

ethelred said:
We are not talking about Twilight Princess (old news). We're talking about Tingle RPG for the DS. Tingle RPG hasn't been cancelled.

I didnt confirm if the game was cancelled or not. You asked where this information or quote came from and I gave you the link:

ethelred said:

gamergirly said:
It came from the EGM interview shortly before E3 last year(before Zelda TTP got its name). Here's the full excerpt:

http://www.raurusreturn.net/content/view/168/101/

So what's the problem?

littlewig

Banned
Metroid Dread never existed. The whole game was frabricated by EGM to damage Nintendo's image.

The whole plan was to make it seem like Nintendo cancelled a game, when in fact it never existed, to hurt Nintendo. EGM succeeded.

The media is at fault here.

ethelred

gamergirly said:
I didnt confirm if the game was cancelled or not. You asked where this information or quote came from and I gave you the link:

So what's the problem?

I asked for a link to anything claiming that Nintendo had cancelled Tingle RPG.

Cripes.

User 7575

Banned
littlewig said:
Metroid Dread never existed. The whole game was frabricated by EGM to damage Nintendo's image.

The whole plan was to make it seem like Nintendo cancelled a game, when in fact it never existed, to hurt Nintendo. EGM succeeded.

I SERIOUSLY hope my sarcasm meter is broken here, cause if you're serious, you're fucking stupid.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
littlewig said:

Metroid Dread exists bitch shut up.

OmegaRed

littlewig said:

Can I have what you're smoking, please?

ethelred said:
I asked for a link to anything claiming that Nintendo had cancelled Tingle RPG.

Cripes.

Really? If the Twilight Princess news was "old" like you claimed, then you would already known that that quote didnt say anything about a Tingle rpg being cancelled. The quote came directly from the Twilight Princess interview. You didnt say anything along the lines of "Can I get a quote where Nintendo said they cancelled the Tingle rpg?"

If that's what you were asking, why did you quote the Twilight Princess statement, say you didnt know about it, and now claim that it's old news and that you said something else? For reference:

ethelred said:

ethelred said:

That's a bit over the top to cover yourself up. Chances are you didnt know anything about the interview and now you want to pretend that youre above that information.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
The Sadness is either a total crock of sh!t or may be a sleeper hit.

sadness_20060504033205729.jpg

sadness_20060504033206682.jpg

My theory: interactive augmented reality game that puts you IN the game. It seems that they want to SHOW you the person that's playing it 'cos whoever is playing it is IN the game. Also notice how the flame looks very fake...like pasted on...and how in all the "shots" shown for this game (both art & the woman playing it) seem to be of a charater who's weilding a tool (the Wiimote) of some kind in the game.

A game like this, the way they're presenting it, would require a camera. Either that or, again, it's a total crock of sh!t vaporware.

ahmad

Banned
DrGAKMAN said:
The Sadness is either a total crock of sh!t or may be a sleeper hit.

sadness_20060504033205729.jpg

sadness_20060504033206682.jpg

My theory: interactive augmented reality game that puts you IN the game. It seems that they want to SHOW you the person that's playing it 'cos whoever is playing it is IN the game. Also notice how the flame looks very fake...like pasted on...and how in all the "shots" shown for this game (both art & the woman playing it) seem to be of a charater who's weilding a tool (the Wiimote) of some kind in the game.

A game like this, the way they're presenting it, would require a camera. Either that or, again, it's a total crock of sh!t vaporware.

They don't have a developer's kit yet, that is why they made the trailer with a real woman

ethelred

gamergirly said:
Really? If the Twilight Princess news was "old" like you claimed, then you would already known that that quote didnt say anything about a Tingle rpg being cancelled. The quote came directly from the Twilight Princess interview. You didnt say anything along the lines of "Can I get a quote where Nintendo said they cancelled the Tingle rpg?"

If that's what you were asking, why did you quote the Twilight Princess statement, say you didnt know about it, and now claim that it's old news and that you said something else? For reference:

That's a bit over the top to cover yourself up. Chances are you didnt know anything about the interview and now you want to pretend that youre above that information.

What... the... fuck.

ethelred said:
Tingle RPG, GOTY.

littlewig said:
I still blame IGN for the cancellation of the Tingle RPG. I'm glad Nintendo is sticking it to IGN, those bastards.

ethelred said:

littlewig said:

ethelred said:

READING COMPREHENSION, please.

If you cannot deduce that the above conversation was about Tingle RPG and not Twilight Princess, find your nearest kindergarten and enroll, stat.

littlewig

Banned
Geez, even IGN is showing off Sadness...

Seriously, is there more to Nibris, or is it some elaborate hoax to get some internet fame?

ethelred said:
What... the... fuck.

READING COMPREHENSION, please.

If you cannot deduce that the above conversation was about Tingle RPG and not Twilight Princess, find your nearest kindergarten and enroll, stat.

It never was about the Twilight Princess game. It was about you asking for where it was said that the Tingle rpg was cancelled because of the statement below:

littlewig said:

ethelred said:

that you directly quoted. I gave you the quote where this was said, which didnt mention anything about a Tingle rpg being cancelled. Then you want to say it's old news. Why ask about something that you shouldve know to begin with?

If you "intended" to say "Where did they ever say that the Tingle rpg was cancelled?", that's what you should have said. Instead of quoting something then asking about "that". There's no reading comprehension here, you just a failure to express yourself. And clearly state what youre asking about. It, them, they, that, or this can be anything.

Emotions

Amir0x said:
Wii is going to win E3 hands down. I don't think there's much to elaborate on; it's gonna dominate.

I like your thinking, you sometimes can be really harsh when it comes to Nintendo . So you being positive about it and think it's gonna own, it's good to hear that.

Amir0x

Banned
Paradoxal_Utopia said:
When is this thread going to get stickied?

After the Sony thread is stickied and unstickied, this thread and Microsoft thread will be stickied for their day.

Top Bottom