• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of America wanted Pikachu to be "like a tiger with huge breasts" in initial localization

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
VfBlfGq.png

From an article in the Time magazine about the franchise's 25th anniversary

fnHBqAR.png

Reaseru

Gold Member
Missed opportunity, Nintendo. Missed opportunity...You're could have achieved greatness.

I wonder what kind of reaction my younger self would have seeing a big-titted Pikachu, back in the day...

Kataploom

Gold Member
Sorry to say this american fellows but american companies shouldn't be allowed to touch anything from Japan, if they do then that should stay there and no way it's moving to other countries.

It's pretty well known how many animes have been screwed by american localizations and changes for international distribution. One Piece didn't even get popular until recently because Netflix decided to re-localize it thanks to 4Kids disgusting changes

1. Tigers are cool
2. Huge breasts are cool

Combining them together is a bold move, perhaps too bold :pie_thinking:
Maybe I would of gotten into it. As it was, when pokemon came to the US, I was in my late teens/early 20s , did not and still do not see the appeal. Thundercats are awesome though!!

Last edited:

LRKD

I refuse to believe this is true, Nintendo of America are so cucked, there is no way they could be that based.

Gaming is a male dominated media.

Gamers like tigers.

Gamers like tits.

Combining them together only now seems obvious. The logic is sound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom