• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo pledges "action" over inappropriate use of its characters

bender

What time is it?
I view these pictures and people who make them as representations of low lives,

I just call them Sonic fans.

grin-evil.gif

Who honestly actually cares about this. We like Nintendo because we like Nintendo games and enjoy playing them. Who gives a shit about their corporate legal policies. Just play the fcking games.

Fans: "Nintendo brand isn't for kids"
Nintendo: "it's for the kids"
Nonsense post. It’s for anyone who wants to play a game they made. And look at games like Metroid Prime or BotW or Pikmin 4, and tell me they’re for kids. Those games are fucking hard.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Nintendo is boring with all these lawsuits and threats to everything and everyone.

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE, TAKE THIS !
mister rogers middle finger GIF

It's actually ironic to see to see one of the most creative company of the world trying to stop creativity from others.
Star Wars Irony GIF

Lawsuits mode activated.
iron man eyes GIF

Last edited:

mysticboy

Fyi, there's missing context in the op article, they said it about an incident where someone cosplaying in a Mario costume was being a super creep to kids.

Posted 2 hours ago and not a single soul changed their "NiNTenDo iS rUiN eVerYtHIng!!11" stance

consoul

I have it on good authority that top men within Nintendo are looking into Bowsette very closely. They have the matter in hand and are actioning the shit out of it.

Toons

What they need to be doing is putting Bowsette in an actual Nintendo game.

How about no?

We don't need any more sexually repressed 13 year old boys citing Nintendo as their awakening.

Im not against the concept of the character but not the cureenr version of her which exists pretty much solely as r34 bait

Dr. Claus

Banned
They’d never be able to now. Those were the only options and games aren’t made that unforgiving now. And they weren’t super young kids

Plenty of people far younger than you can beat games far more difficult than you realize. Hell, I would bet a million dollars that younger gamers are better at games, on average, than you. Just because you are unable to beat a game due to an inherent lack of skill or effort doesn't mean they are.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nonsense post. It’s for anyone who wants to play a game they made. And look at games like Metroid Prime or BotW or Pikmin 4, and tell me they’re for kids. Those games are fucking hard.

I agree that anybody can play Nintendo games, but the games are aimed at children.

Link isn't chopping off heads and bathing in a blood shower. Mario isn't eating out Princess Peach. You know what I mean? The games are very light hearted and family friendly.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I mean, I get it. Some Wario fanart has scarred me for life, and it wasn’t even that explicit.

Then again…

kw5iy1h.jpeg

I agree that anybody can play Nintendo games, but the games are aimed at children.

Link isn't chopping off heads and bathing in a blood shower. Mario isn't eating out Princess Peach. You know what I mean? The games are very light hearted and family friendly.
Light-hearted and family friendly doesn’t mean made specifically in mind for children to play. Those aren’t all the same thing. Art style and tone don’t necessitate easier gameplay. As I’ve mentioned plenty of Nintendo games. Both modern & not modern, are made with adult gamers in mind who’ve grown up alongside the brands and still buy games and expect to be challenged by them. And Nintendo certainly makes them with that expectation in mind. I am quite confident a large share of games sold on Nintendo Switch are to adults.

Metnut

Not sure how many people have to lose 6 and 7 figure judgements and even end up in jail before people realize Nintendo isn’t fucking around. Seems like these perps aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Light-hearted and family friendly doesn’t mean made specifically in mind for children to play. Those aren’t all the same thing. Art style and tone don’t necessitate easier gameplay. As I’ve mentioned plenty of Nintendo games. Both modern & not modern, are made with adult gamers in mind who’ve grown up alongside the brands and still buy games and expect to be challenged by them. And Nintendo certainly makes them with that expectation in mind. I am quite confident a large share of games sold on Nintendo Switch are to adults.

I think Nintendo knows that a lot of their audience are adults, but at the same time need to make games accessible to younger gamers. There are exceptions. Metroid is aimed at an older audience, but a majority of their games are made for everyone to enjoy.

Mario is a great example, especially the newest Wonde game. Fun for adults, but accessible to young children. My six year old nephew got a Switch in May with Wonder and playing with him and my sister was a blast.

I love my Xbox and PlayStation, but a loft of the games on those consoles are targeted at adults. I'd say that is what makes Nintendo so successful. They make games that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you want a console and games that can be enjoyed by the whole family then Nintendo is and probably will always be the answer.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Nintendo’s benevolence ends now. It is a Nintendo world you are just lucky to play in it.

Nintendo should go after those Pokémon Go developers for inappropriate changes to Nintendo’s female character’s bodies.

Last edited:
I think Nintendo knows that a lot of their audience are adults, but at the same time need to make games accessible to younger gamers. There are exceptions. Metroid is aimed at an older audience, but a majority of their games are made for everyone to enjoy.

Mario is a great example, especially the newest Wonde game. Fun for adults, but accessible to young children. My six year old nephew got a Switch in May with Wonder and playing with him and my sister was a blast.

I love my Xbox and PlayStation, but a loft of the games on those consoles are targeted at adults. I'd say that is what makes Nintendo so successful. They make games that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. If you want a console and games that can be enjoyed by the whole family then Nintendo is and probably will always be the answer.
Agreed. I have my Series X and my Switch and both serve different purposes.

NanaMiku

I always find it funny that when people talk about R34 of Nintendo characters, they only talk about Mario and Pokemon. Don't forget that Nintendo has a lot of anime characters from Fire Emblem and Xenoblade

images

from the official artbook

GJ4H5AjXYAAJV-p.jpg

Top Bottom