• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch is Nintendo's new starting point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the Switch is unproven myself. Nintendo finally merged the 2 markets of handheld and console and succeeded. IMHO, they should of did this 3-4 years ago. I feel the efforts is a bit too late now.

BigDug13

To me the Switch is the idea of the SEGA Nomad but properly realized without requiring 6 AA batteries for 2 hours of gaming.

SEGA Nomad could do up to 4 player gaming on one screen. The machine had TV output port and played console-level games in like 1995.

But it was bulky, player 1 had to hold the machine so it was difficult to see for other players unless you used TV out, the cartridges were Genesis games so they were huge, the power was a generation behind because we had PS1 by then (similar to Switch), and the battery life makes even the Switch laugh.

sphinx

the piano man
From Software making a Nintendo system would be amazing for the names alone.

The Nintendo Ceaseless Discharge
The Nintendo Gaping Console
The Nintendo Vacuous Spider

yo, Game-starved beasts, buy our console and enjoy the drought.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
To me the Switch is the idea of the SEGA Nomad but properly realized without requiring 6 AA batteries for 2 hours of gaming.

SEGA Nomad could do up to 4 player gaming on one screen. The machine had TV output port and played console-level games in like 1995.

But it was bulky, player 1 had to hold the machine so it was difficult to see for other players unless you used TV out, the cartridges were Genesis games so they were huge, the power was a generation behind because we had PS1 by then (similar to Switch), and the battery life makes even the Switch laugh.

You compared the Switch to a Sega Nomad?! Wow, do you know what you've done?

Neiteio

yo, Game-starved beasts, buy our console and enjoy the drought.
Y'know, I thought this would be the case, but Switch has been killing my wallet. My home menu is already full of games. And I find myself playing them more since it boots up and shuts down in a split-second, remembers exactly where you left off, and can be easily squeezed into any part of my day (portability and such).

Nifty lil' system. E3 gonna be crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom