• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition |OT| NES Remix Remix

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Anyone got a list of S rank times? I really want to get the Metroid escape but I’m barely able to shave off my time
Never miss a jump and you have it. It’s that simple. That one doesn’t ask you to shave off literal milliseconds to get a S.

After playing a bunch of challenges with the help of a friend, I’m starting to appreciate this game more. It’s still a less interesting proposition than NES Remix, but it’s not that bad. Still, some of the games are a real chore. I really don’t like Excitebike and Balloon Fight, and only the spirit of couch competition could push us to get all the S’s in Ice Climber, where the physics and collisions make simply no sense. The Kirby challenges are also really anal with the requirements for the best time. The game really doesn’t control that well.

I’m not the best player around, but I tried some online VS and wow, a lot of people really struggle with these challenges.

Thaedolus

Never miss a jump and you have it. It’s that simple. That one doesn’t ask you to shave off literal milliseconds to get a S.
You’re right, I finally executed a run without a miss at it took like 8 seconds off and got the S. I didn’t scream and start crying like speed runners do when they beat a record but I felt maybe a taste

StAidan

I've been enjoying my time with this in spite of the "NES Remix lite" feeling (and that does feel pretty bad). I'll stick with it until I S-rank everything, and after that we'll see how long the weekly stuff keeps me interested.

Happy with my weekly scores so far, think I've mostly gotten top 5% worldwide and top 0.5% by birth year (and being from the NES generation, I'm not terribly young anymore). The Legend challenge this week will stretch me though.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
PUX9Lcy.jpeg

Kinda feels like those fiction stories when a million people win the lottery and they get one buck each, but hey, it looks nice enough.

SCB3

Managed to get all the S Ranks in Mario and Metroid, I used to Speedrun Zelda 1 so looking forward to see if I can still do that

Top Bottom