• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nitroplus to be acquired by Cygames’ parent and resume work on games abandoned due to lack of resources

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
20240618-32608-001-1-960x640.jpg

CyberAgent, the parent company of Cygames, announced the acquisition of game developer Nitroplus on June 26. The company bought over 72% of Nitroplus’ shares for 16.9 billion yen (over $104 million), making it a consolidated subsidiary (source: GameBiz).

According to a notice from Nitroplus’ CEO Takaki “Digitarou” Kosaka, the company will retain its name, company culture and freedom in content creation. Kosaka will resume his position as CEO, and Gen Urobuchi, writer of Saya no Uta and the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series, will remain as vice-president.
A PR interview published by CyberAgent reveals that it was Nitroplus that first approached the company with an acquisition offer. By seeking capital cooperation with CyberAgent, Kosaka hopes to fortify Nitroplus’ management capabilities and focus on content creation. The CEO seems confident that the arrangement will help Nitroplus improve the quality of its games and pursue projects it had abandoned due to a lack of resources. In turn, CyberAgent has big expectations for Nitroplus’ IP creation potential.

Pejo

Cygames is sorta on my shitlist for unrelated reasons, but lesser of evils etc. Great news for Nitroplus regardless that they get to keep working on their IPs instead of being an asset factory for some other studio's games or fade into (even more) obscurity.

The article didn't mention what they're working on, I am curious what it might be. I'm still mad that Steam poopoo'd Full Metal Daemon Muramasa.

Cygames is sorta on my shitlist for unrelated reasons, but lesser of evils etc. Great news for Nitroplus regardless that they get to keep working on their IPs instead of being an asset factory for some other studio's games or fade into (even more) obscurity.

The article didn't mention what they're working on, I am curious what it might be. I'm still mad that Steam poopoo'd Full Metal Daemon Muramasa.

I think with Full Metal Daemon Muramasa you can still play the uncensored version off of Steam. Where you can just go to the official JAST Website and just buy it through there

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Another visual novel company that are bought by "mobile game" company

Colopl (Shironeko Project) previously bought Mages (Steins;Gate)

nial

I would have never thought that 72% of Nitroplus would cost anyone $104M, but maybe it makes sense with the stuff they do beyond video games.
How is that French adaptation of Saya no Uta going?

Top Bottom