• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No |OT| For the Deadliest Warrior XBLA?

Hey purchased this last night. Thanks for the recommendation , I had a freaking blast. The first time I was finished by the centaurion I was shouting OH, NO,OH,SHIT,UGH,GAAH at the TV :lol

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm definitely curious about the DLC timeframe, content, and pricing as well. If I think of any more questions when I'm playing later I'll mention them.

The poll right now is scaring me. Vlad the Impaler is beating out a Persian warrior, the Shaolin monk as well as an Aztec Jaguar warrior..

Vlad the Impaler...over those guys...really?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
News release today about an upcoming patch:

The makers of Deadliest Warrior: The Game have heard the users' feedback. Don't believe us? Check out the upcoming updates they'll be dishing out in the next few weeks.Thank you for all the great feedback on the site. We have been collecting as much feedback as possible and have taken almost all recommendations and tested them out for optimum balance. We plan to release a title update within the next few weeks. Why so long? Because it will take us a week to test it and it will take Microsoft 2 weeks to run their QA on it. Rest assured we are working on fixing your grievances. Here is some of what to expect:

RAGE QUITTERS WILL BE PENALIZED. We know this is huge. It will be fixed.
Poison alone won't be enough to kill you, you will need to supplement with attacks.
The Viking Double Spear will be easier to anticipate.
Heavy armor will be more effective.
Knight can now dodge out of stagger.
You wont be able to spam Black Eggs and Grenados. They are still un-blockable and still infinite, but stamina penalties will increase.
Stamina won't recharge while dodging.
Samurai Yumi will be more effective.
Quick match will actually be quick!
After an online battle you will return to the online battle screen and not the main screen.
Player connection speeds will be displayed in the lobbies.

We will also be fixing a bunch of frame rate, animation and other bugs.

Thanks for your support of this game, we are working on making it better! Stay tuned for a DLC announcement.

Sounds good to me, and DLC is always great.

DiscoJer

Anerythristic said:
The poll right now is scaring me. Vlad the Impaler is beating out a Persian warrior, the Shaolin monk as well as an Aztec Jaguar warrior..

Vlad the Impaler...over those guys...really?

Did you see the episode with him? He beat Sun Tzu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadliest_Warrior#Episode_19:_Vlad_The_Impaler_vs._Sun_Tzu

Basically he had really nice weapons. His kilij, borrowed from the Turks, sliced a pig carcass clean in half. And his gun, the hand cannon (sort of a pre-musket thing) is actually accurate (you can hit what you aim with it)

ccharla

lastplayed said:
I tried the demo lastnight, and man it's hard. My stupid spartan couldn't win a single round against the ninja. :lol

The game has three difficulty modes, NORMAL, HARD, and DEADLY. The default is set to HARD, which is, uh, hard!

If you're just getting started on HARD, I'd recommend the Viking to start out with. Once you're good, my personal favorites are the Ninja or Samurai and the Centurion. You really need to use the characters' speed if they have it.

Fun game. All the great armor and wepons are a blast. Wish we could do a GAF tournament to see who is the deadlist gamer.

Current warriors...Ninja and Knight but i have almost unlocked all the armor and weps for every class remember WIN the bonus stages....

If anybody wants to play me from GAF I would be delighted.

My gamertag is long ... IvCoverdWarsUNo send me an invite or even a friend request, I have plenty of room.

I use the Samurai and the Centurion mostly.

This games is great, besides the rage quitting it is probably the best Live community Ive seen in a while. It helps that the game balances itself out once you know what you are doing.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The patch was submitted today. Post on GameFAQs (where the devs post):

We submitted the title update today. We were having issues with trying to penalize rage quitters that powered down their xbox as opposed to menu based quitting so it took a little longer to fix. All should be good. Here is a run down of what to expect:

Fixed Issues [how to verify them]:
• When a player disconnects or quits from an online match the win needs to be awarded to the remaining player.

• Instead of returning to the main menu when finishing an online battle, you should return to the online battle screen.

• Searching for games online (as well as quick match) take much too long.

• Intermittent framerate problems. Not all of the in-game SFX were being called, which caused the game to hitch when it was time for them to play. There was also an issue where some of the object physics were causing the framerate to drop while off screen. The number of times that the framerate drops is drastically reduced.

• Spartan vibrates during his Intro cinematic. In any game w/ a Spartan, he now no longer shakes during his intro animation before the fight.

• Parrying with low stamina causes guard break but should not interrupt the attacker. If a warrior has low stamina, and parries their opponent, they will now be able to attack instead of being interrupted during the parrying animation.

• Samurai has wrong sound on one of his hit reactions.

• No sound on centurion shield. There is now a sound when hitting the Centurion’s shield.

• When in slice challenge its really easy to skip without seeing the message if you lose. In Arcade mode, when the slice challenge is accessed and lost, the game now plays your opponent’s victory animation before continuing.

• Multiplayer Balance: Ninja is slightly overpowered, Champions slightly underpowered. The Ninja’s Black Egg (Special Attack) now takes more stamina to use, and a bug was fixed where the ninja was previously popping back up as soon as he got knocked down (he now gets knocked down and gets back up in a reasonable amount of time.

• The Pirate’s Grenado is too spammable. The Pirate’s Grenado (Special Attack) now takes more stamina to use.

• When you start arcade mode if you have the armor selected the model doesn't fade as it should. Start Arcade mode, pick any warrior, highlight their armor, then press the ‘A’ button to go to the Versus screen. The warrior model now fades away during this transition.

• Display players' connection speeds in the online lobbies. Online connection speeds are now shown in the multiplayer lobby screens when searching for games based off of parameters entered by the user.

• Armor Adjustment – up the amount of damage that armor will protect against.

• Poison Arrows & Darts – poison will double the time it takes to reduce health.

• Ninja mid-range weapon – reduce the amount of damage that the mid-range weapon inflicts.

• Viking Double Spears – Viking’s animation has been slowed down slightly, and the angle altered so that there are less one-hit kills with the double spear attack.

• Knight Dodge – The Knight can now dodge out of his stagger animation (which is basically a knock-down for him).

• Dodging & Stamina – fix the stamina so that a warrior’s stamina won’t build up when they dodge. All of the warriors no longer build up stamina while they dodge.

Haunted

Speevy said:
It's cool that they FINALLY made a game like this for current consoles...
Yes!

Speevy said:
... but I'm sorry, it's terrible.

Movement doesn't work when you want it to, there's too little content, framerate is erratic, environments consist of maybe 4 or 5 stages.

I mean yeah, it's 10 bucks, but if you told me this was an Indie game I'd believe you.

Don't waste your money.
Yes. :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
According to the devs on GameFAQs, the title update will upgrade the leaderboards to a new system and in doing so will reset them to bring everyone back to an even level now that most of the issues will be fixed. Furthermore, the patch will include a "Zombie mode" to unlock.

We are implementing a new leaderboard system called arbitrated leaderboards so they are different from the leaderboards we are currently using. Because of this everything will be reset and you will start fresh.

I apologize for those of you that got your rankings the proper way but we feel this is the best way to get everyone back on an even keel.

We recognize this is annoying so we are going to give you a new game mode called Zombie Mode to unlock and unleash your frustrations.

Sincerely,
Spike Games.

after being asked to clarify if the mode is in DLC or the update:

It will be in the TU.

I really don't want to reveal what it is... you just have to play it to understand. We have a lot of fun with it so I am confident you will enjoy it.

It's really cool that they're adding a new mode with the patch instead of charging for it. The devs really are really earning the money I paid for the game with how open they've been with the community.

shuri

Banned
in my dreams, zombie mode is about pickign a chracter and you fight hordes and hords of non stop zombie drones, decapitating them. A hardcore would mode mean that you can only kill them if you sever the head.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Turns out the zombie mode was already included in the game and does not require the patch. It activates via a code, which you enter at the title menu (before hitting start at the DEADLIEST WARRIOR screen):

Zombie Mode - Y, A, A, A, X, B

Slice Mode - Enables all strikes to cause dismemberment: LT, X, A, X, A, RT

Sudden Death - All warriors start the round with critical health: X, RB, Up, Down, LB, A

Player 1 God Mode: Up, A, X, B, Y, Down

Player 2 God Mode: Down, B, X, A, Y, Up

Zombie mode is a mode where you have regenerating health and only decapitations kill. Zombie Mode + Slice Mode is a great combination.

EDIT: Hahaha, wow, even losing your head doesn't necessarily kill you. Just ended up missing a leg, arm, and my head and was still feebly fighting before I lost my other leg and the battle ended.

Haunted

Emerson said:
Slice Mode - Enables all strikes to cause dismemberment: LT, X, A, X, A, RT

Sudden Death - All warriors start the round with critical health: X, RB, Up, Down, LB, A
tempting...

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I don't know, but the latest news on the DLC is that it will come out early next year (yeah, I know) and will include several characters, new game modes, and some other things. It's hinted that the price will be in the region of 5 bucks. Also, the first confirmed character is the Rajput warrior.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I tried the demo and I just could not figure out how to play this game. I would die within 5 seconds of starting the match.

Elixist

Its fun for a few hours , especially if you got someone to local with. Definetely worth 200 pts imo. I'm glad I supported them at full price for tryin something new and would like to see a sequel with tighter mechanics/competitive balancing and alot more variety in the fighters (alot of the characters are too samey, the guys with shields mostly).

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I wish the DLC was on sale this week too, I had a few friends around last week and I thought I would chuck it on for fun. Everyone had such a good time with the game they all went and bought it when they got home!

Top Bottom