• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nothing to watch tonight? Check out the DDR world finals!

im extremely into the lil robes they make the QMA guys wear

There is no chance of DDR making a come back on consoles right? Or even the Dance Masters one.

dance evolution (the arcade version of dance masters) died last year so there's basically no chance of that. DDR is real unlikely but as long as the series is alive there's always a chance i guess?

yyr

There is no chance of DDR making a come back on consoles right? Or even the Dance Masters one.

Konami now produces a home PC version of IIDX and just announced a home PC version of SDVX. (they're subscription-based btw) That's probably as much as we're going to see. Most of the audience still playing these games is willing to go to arcades to play them, at least as far as Konami thinks.

KanameYuuki

That's a shame about Dance Evolution I'm really into Jpop choreography and always wanted to give that game a try.

I guess I should check that PC version, they also have Bloody Roar, why must all of them belong to Konami.

molnizzle

I've been searcing for a man
all across Japan
just to find
to find my samurai

someone who is strong
but still a little shy
yes I need
I need my samurai

Piggus

One of my friends from college was at one point ranked top-10 worldwide in single mat and top-5 in double mats. Watching a person play DDR who actually knows what they're doing is pretty insane.

yyr

Round 1 is about to begin on the Satellite Stage. Link is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vlXeV49OUs

fungah (USA) vs. Gahou (Japan) vs. 5 1 3 (Taiwan) vs. KAZE.573 (USA)

Song 1 (Gahou): New Decade (CHALLENGE)
Song 2 (fungah): Trip Machine Evolution (CHALLENGE)

fungah PFCs Trip Machine Evolution after leading the pack on New Decade to advance to the Finals!!!!

cj_iwakura

Wow, that was clutch.

That AAA though...
D6l8fu1.gif

For those who may not be familiar with modern DDR: the color of the combo counter indicates the worst judgement received within that combo. So if the combo counter is white, it means it is a combo of Marvelous, yellow is Perfect, green is Great, etc.

Jeff held his perfect combo for 3/4 of that song.

yyr

fungah PFCs* Trip Machine Evolution after leading the pack on New Decade to advance to the Finals!!!!

The Final Round will unfold in just about 45 minutes here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLY_w8xbYPM

* Perfect Full Combo, or a full combo containing no Greats or below

New Decade: fungah 1720 - Gahou 1666 - KAZE.573 1664 - 5 1 3 1621
Trip Machine Evolution: fungah 2079 - KAZE.573 1986 - Gahou 1947 - 5 1 3 1919

Total:
fungah (1st, advances to Finals) 3799
KAZE.573 (2nd) 3650
Gahou (3rd) 3613
5 1 3 (4th) 3540

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
One of these days I'm going to buy myself a DDR cabinet. I played the hell out of Extreme back in the day, but haven't lived within 30 min of a machine in a while so haven't really played any of the newer stuff. From what I've seen, I'd be in for a rude awakening, but definitely ready for a challenge.

I've heard the new editions are crazy expensive, though (like $10k?) so I'd probably need to mod an older edition or something, right?

cj_iwakura

I felt bad for the guy competing against that. His spirit was crushed.

And yes, DDR is exorbitantly expensive. Pump upgrades only cost a few grand.

yyr

The newest edition is not even obtainable by a random human; it's only available to arcades who are on Konami's eAmusement network (which carries monthly fees + you pay them a percentage of every credit played)

The best you can do *legally* is to get a SuperNOVA 2 setup, but that's still not very recent.

There are better alternatives but I can't discuss them in a public forum.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So a guy from USA won DDR at KAC? That's amazing! USA players don't stand much chance on any other game, so it's cool to see that. I am working on getting a Jubeat cab and have a Sound Voltex controller, but I'll NEVER be at their level.

So a guy from USA won DDR at KAC? That's amazing! USA players don't stand much chance on any other game, so it's cool to see that. I am working on getting a Jubeat cab and have a Sound Voltex controller, but I'll NEVER be at their level.

No, at least not yet. The winner goes to the final round which will start in around 30 minutes.

Clutch PFC on Trip Machine Evo is straight ridiculous. I wish more people could understand just how difficult it is to do that. That song is torture.

yyr

For most people, it's really difficult to get a PFC on *any* song, let alone a 17. I only have a handful of them, myself.

Looks like they're finishing up with Quiz Magic Academy on the main stream...

EDIT: It's actually an 18, thanks twentytwo22.

For most people, it's really difficult to get a PFC on *any* song, let alone a 17. I only have a handful of them, myself.

Looks like they're finishing up with Quiz Magic Academy on the main stream...

TM Evo is an 18, and one of the harder 18s at that :D But yeah, I hear what you are saying. I've got around 50 myself, but only up to 14.

Yuuichi

For those who missed this detail, the TME PFC was also -4 perfects from the WR

edit: i see 猫叉 is busy making music for QMA instead of bemani ww

yyr

The Final Round is about to begin on the Main Stage here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLY_w8xbYPM

CHRS4LFE (USA) vs. FEFEMZ (Korea) vs. o4ma. (Japan) vs. FUNGAH (USA)

Song 1 (o4ma.): Dead End ("Groove Radar" Special) (CHALLENGE)
Song 2 (FEFEMZ): Paranoia Revolution (CHALLENGE)
Song 3 (CHRS4LFE): Egoism 440 (CHALLENGE)

Dead End: FEFEMZ 1584 - CHRS4LFE 1577 - FUNGAH 1566 - o4ma. 1542
Para Rev: FEFEMZ 2128 - FUNGAH 2106 - CHRS4LFE 2100 - o4ma. 2041
Egoism 440: FEFEMZ 2262 - FUNGAH 2198 - CHRS4LFE 2328 - o4ma 2165

CHRS4LFE comes from behind on his own pick and WINS THE WHOLE THING FOR THE USA WOOOOOOOOOO

Is Kaze still in? He's a buddy from what feels like a lifetime ago. The only games he's better at than Bemani is Mario Party.

Pastry

Banned
There should be a rule that you can't support yourself on that back bar. I feel like it would make it more interesting?

yyr

The hardest charts in the game are now so hard that they're almost impossible to play without the bar. I wouldn't recommend that you try.

Top Bottom