• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes December 9th

x-Lundz-x

pgdebu.gif

The king.

Welfare

Might as well share this cause why not. I had a dream a few weeks ago that PR said they (MS) closed the gap in the US by 25%, and were excited for December and early 2015.

I don't know which is scarier. I had a dream about this specific event, or my own dream didn't even give exact numbers.

Amir0x

Banned
Nah, I think maybe 100k if that. Probably less.

No way 100k. Gap will be at least similar to the September Destiny gap between PS4 and XBO, me thinks. And that may be underestimating it imo.

And no, the gap will not come close to being closed in November.

Why is " Sony Arrogance " even being brought up? Lord, its been nearly 10 years now since the launch of the PS3.

They already stated the PS4 is the fastest selling console ever, meaning they had every reason to go into the holiday season not needing to make a major move. They put out a hell of a bundle with the biggest game of the holiday season in GTAV bundled in with the console along with last years GOTY and the GOTG to many for free. Basically, the already popular system was bundled with great software for the original price everyone was buying it at in the first place.

It makes no sense to think Sony would of needed to drop the price.

Just curious to hear opinions, but how is the reception of GTA V on next-gen in your area? It's not going to be as crazy like last year due to it being remaster, but I'm not seeing NEARLY as much excitement for GTA V. Perhaps the remaster should had sold for $40 instead, right?

OUYA > Super Smash Bros., obviously.

I suppose you wouldn't know offhand how large Amazon CA is of the VG market in CA right? I assume it must be something of a niche store going by some of its sales rankings

Lol Canadians?

Seriously though It's Canadians, who the hell knows why they do the things they do.

This is a valid point

Might as well share this cause why not. I had a dream a few weeks ago that PR said they (MS) closed the gap in the US by 25%, and were excited for December and early 2015.

I don't know which is scarier. I had a dream about this specific event, or my own dream didn't even give exact numbers.

lol that is scary

Welfare

Why is " Sony Arrogance " even being brought up? Lord, its been nearly 10 years now since the launch of the PS3.

They already stated the PS4 is the fastest selling console ever, meaning they had every reason to go into the holiday season not needing to make a major move. They put out a hell of a bundle with the biggest game of the holiday season in GTAV bundled in with the console along with last years GOTY and the GOTG to many for free. Basically, the already popular system was bundled with great software for the original price everyone was buying it at in the first place.

It makes no sense to think Sony would of needed to drop the price.

:/

It's a joke.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch

Publishers are rarely giving exact numbers on software sales, so I don't think your brain made too much of a leap applying it to hardware. They hate it when people speculate, but they won't quell it by providing clear, concise information.

I suppose you wouldn't know offhand how large Amazon CA is of the VG market in CA right? I assume it must be something of a niche store going by some of its sales rankings

I'm not well-versed in the Canadian retail market (although GAFfers do exist who are), but I assume Amazon.ca is indeed quite niche.

Sarobi

Banned
No way 100k. Gap will be at least similar to the September Destiny gap between PS4 and XBO, me thinks. And that may be underestimating it imo.

Oh thank the heavens. I love shopping there

Asd202

Yoyu know what I think is scary? That you had a dream about console sales in which you have no stake in and the worse part is that you remembered it!

Money doesn't matter to them. MS is Captain Ahab and PS4 is the white whale.
maybe not to them, but there might be people at microsoft who think differently.
they are not in the console business for fun only, but to make money or fulfill strategic goals.
problem is: they are not making money and their strategy has evaporated.

vin-buc

As they should, it's well-earned in a way.

Not sure they can go back to the same pricing in January though.

These are the type of lines that I just don't get "It's well-earned". THEY LOST TONS OF MONEY!!! They slashed their prices and gave away free games. How can anyone pat themselves on the back for that?

But i know, i know - "it doesn't really hurt them"

NPD ninjas use inception techniques...

Yoda

What about the fact that you dream about corporate PR?

I'm not well-versed in the Canadian retail market (although GAFfers do exist who are), but I assume Amazon.ca is indeed quite niche.

I'm not well versed in Canadian retail but I live in Canada and I can say no one uses Amazon other then when an amazing deal comes through (which is extremely rare for Amazon.ca) or to buy things that are difficult to get at retail stores.

The Ouya fits the bill nicely.

The prices up here are garbage, and the shipping service is pretty mediocre.

Call me crazy, but I expecting the gap to be a 300,000+ difference between the two in favor of the Xbox One. I have to hand in to Microsoft for the amazing deals. If I didn't had to buy other things in November, I would have DEFINITELY purchased one for Sunset and over games. If this trends continue in December, how would Sony respond? They're the market leader worldwide, but they don't want to lose USA, especially since the gains they made in USA compared to the PS3.

Top Bottom