• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November EGM scores (Fable, Def Jam)

shoplifter

Star Wars Battlefront: 8.0 8.0 9.0 (silver)
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction: 7.5 4.5 8.0
The Guy Game: 1.5 1.0 0.0
Shellshock: Nam '67: 7.0 6.0 4.0
Second Sight: 5.5 7.5 6.5
Def Jam FFNY: 8.5 8.5 9.0 (silver)
T3: Redemption: 4.0 2.5 5.0
Juiced: 7.0 7.0 6.5
Tiger Woods 2005: 8.5 8.0 9.5 (Silver)
Mega Man X: Command Mission: 6.5 6.5 6.0
Headhunter: Redemption: 5.0 6.0 5.5
Katamari Damacy: 8.5 8.5 8.5 (silver)
Sly 2: 9.0 8.5 9.0 (silver, GOTM)
DDR Extreme: 8.5 8.0 8.5 (silver)
Gradius V: 7.0 8.5 8.0
Under the Skin: 5.5 4.0 4.0
Shadow Hearts: Covenant: 7.5 8.5 7.0
Fable: 7.5 (Jennifer) 8.0 9.0 (silver)
Galleon: 4.0 5.0 4.5
KUF: The Crusaders: 7.5 8.0 8.0
Donkey Konga: 8.0 7.0 7.5
WWE Day of Reckoning: 5.5 5.0 6.5
Mario Pinball Land: 5.5 3.5 3.0
Guardian Heroes Advance: 6.0 7.0 7.5
Pokemon FR&LG: 7.0 8.0 8.0

shoplifter said:
Star Wars Battlefront: 8.0 8.0 9.0 (silver)
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction: 7.5 4.5 8.0
The Guy Game: 1.5 1.0 0.0
Shellshock: Nam '67: 7.0 6.0 4.0
Second Sight: 5.5 7.5 6.5
Def Jam FFNY: 8.5 8.5 9.0 (silver)
T3: Redemption: 4.0 2.5 5.0
Juiced: 7.0 7.0 6.5
Tiger Woods 2005: 8.5 8.0 9.5 (Silver)
Mega Man X: Command Mission: 6.5 6.5 6.0
Headhunter: Redemption: 5.0 6.0 5.5
Katamari Damacy: 8.5 8.5 8.5 (silver)
Sly 2: 9.0 8.5 9.0 (silver, GOTM)
DDR Extreme: 8.5 8.0 8.5 (silver)
Gradius V: 7.0 8.5 8.0
Under the Skin: 5.5 4.0 4.0
Shadow Hearts: Covenant: 7.5 8.5 7.0
Fable: 7.5 (Jennifer) 8.0 9.0 (silver)
Galleon: 4.0 5.0 4.5
KUF: The Crusaders: 7.5 8.0 8.0
Donkey Konga: 8.0 7.0 7.5
WWE Day of Reckoning: 5.5 5.0 6.5
Mario Pinball Land: 5.5 3.5 3.0
Guardian Heroes Advance: 6.0 7.0 7.5
Pokemon FR&LG: 7.0 8.0 8.0

I'm pretty sure these were already posted. And I love how people post the reviewers name who delivered a score they didn't like. Pathetic.

shoplifter

sonycowboy said:
I'm pretty sure these were already posted. And I love how people post the reviewers name who delivered a score they didn't like. Pathetic.

Fuck you. I haven't even read them yet, I just posted the scores, and I added that it was Jennifer BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ASK WHO GAVE THE 7.5.

Bish: They said that DoR's AI was shit, it had a poor soundtrack, the story mode was a joke. Also, there are win conditions like "your AI partner must score the win." Apparently, this shitty AI makes this a real chore.

(also, I searched and didn't find them. we need to go back to the 3 letter search)

shoplifter said:
Fuck you. I haven't even read them yet, I just posted the scores, and I added that it was Jennifer BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ASK.

Clearly, you haven't seen the other post or else you wouldn't have done it. But, standard fare ruled in that thread as all others where any reviewer who doesn't give Fable a 9+, gets labeled as a Japanwhore or some such crap or completely clueless.

Alcibiades

8.0 isn't that far from 7.5, who posted the 8.0 score, practically the same thing as Jennifer's score anyway, so maybe you could have put the name of that reviewer too.

But since putting those both make sense, might as well put all 3 of them...

shoplifter

efralope said:
8.0 isn't that far from 7.5, who posted the 8.0 score, practically the same thing as Jennifer's score anyway, so maybe you could have put the name of that reviewer too.

Numerically no, but a lot of people see scores in the 7's far differently than scores in the 8's.

7.5 Jennifer
8.0 Mark
9.0 Greg

I think Jennifer's complaints (bad camera, repetitive combat) are fairly valid though, so I have no problem with her score. I might feel the same way once my copy shows up.

MC Safety

shoplifter said:
Numerically no, but a lot of people see scores in the 7's far differently than scores in the 8's.

7.5 Jennifer
8.0 Mark
9.0 Greg

I think Jennifer's complaints (bad camera, repetitive combat) are fairly valid though, so I have no problem with her score. I might feel the same way once my copy shows up.

Jennifer's complaints are dead-on. This is how I beat the final boss of Fable:

Shoot fireball, roll away, readjust camera, shoot fireball, repeat. Then, lightning.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Now EDGEs October issue came back in August. I really hate this, it's confusing as hell. I want the mag cover to say the month it comes out on. If it must stay fresh, then bring it on the first day of the month, for fucks sake. It has turned to a idiotic race of OMG we have teh news of the future1!!

rastex

Banned
Disco Stu said:
Jennifer's complaints are dead-on. This is how I beat the final boss of Fable:

Shoot fireball, roll away, readjust camera, shoot fireball, repeat. Then, lightning.

How's that different from every boss in every game ever conceived?

evil ways

DMczaf said:
WTF? No way they played the game.

Actually it's pretty accurate. Aside from the CAW mode, and the AKI ripoff controls, the game is unbalanced, the collision detection bad, and all the sounds and special screen effects garbage.

I enjoyed it until every match turned into a shitty Special-fest at around the 5 minute mark.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
evil ways said:
Actually it's pretty accurate. Aside from the CAW mode, and the AKI ripoff controls, the game is unbalanced, the collision detection bad, and all the sounds and special screen effects garbage.

I enjoyed it until every match turned into a shitty Special-fest at around the 5 minute mark.

Agreed. Completely. The game is shit. No doubt it would be, but playing it confirms me. It's asstactular.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
evil ways said:

Could you clarify what you mean by shitty special-fest?

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
evil ways said:

Plus, King of Colosseum 2 is out. ;)

Top Bottom