• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All of these new guys debuting is just stealing the thunder for what's really important.. My saviour and yours, FANDANGO.

Did they finally say whether it's Fandango or Fandangoo?

So what happened at survivor series?

Some homeless dudes rushed the ring. Well that's not true. Two fit dudes and a bum er...bum-rushed the ring.

Oh, someone here said it was Paige.

I think that's just wishful thinking really.

But Avengers23 - Did you LOVE it? It sounds pretty damn good from your writeup but I wanna know how you felt!

The undercard was fine, but I doubt that I'll give it a second thought a week from now.

I'm trying to remember if other Cibernetico shows were as defined by the main event as this one was, but this was a one-match show. The Cibernetico itself started off well, pairing wrestlers according to each team's pre-determined order, and you could feel that the Chikara guys were a bit outmatched. The middle of the match dragged because of a lackluster face-in-peril sequence, and at its best moments, it reminded me a little of the still awesome ROH vs. CZW Cage of Death match. Watching the little interactions and mannerisms that the ROH guys would show was the best part of the match, and I'm not sure that will carry over to DVD. The conclusion felt a bit limp, but that's because the match's focus shifted from Chikara vs. ROH and Kingston vs. Steen to
Kingston vs. Donst
rather abruptly before the match was finished, which disrupted the flow. It never felt like we got the Kingston vs. Steen blowoff that was promised.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The undercard was fine, but I doubt that I'll give it a second thought a week from now.

I'm trying to remember if other Cibernetico shows were as defined by the main event as this one was, but this was a one-match show. The Cibernetico itself started off well, pairing wrestlers according to each team's pre-determined order, and you could feel that the Chikara guys were a bit outmatched. The middle of the match dragged because of a lackluster face-in-peril sequence, and at its best moments, it reminded me a little of the still awesome ROH vs. CZW Cage of Death match. Watching the little interactions and mannerisms that the ROH guys would show was the best part of the match, and I'm not sure that will carry over to DVD. The conclusion felt a bit limp, but that's because the match's focus shifted from Chikara vs. ROH and Kingston vs. Steen to
Kingston vs. Donst
rather abruptly before the match was finished, which disrupted the flow. It never felt like we got the Kingston vs. Steen blowoff that was promised.

Good writeup. A great Cibernetico doesn't all hinge on the main event, but you nailed everything on how you feel really. Thanks for the writeup and elaboration, I appreciate it :)

I wasn't there, so I don't know what Quack said exactly, but the storyline is basically that Quack has been more than a little over-zealous when dealing with the GEKIDO invaders (who are all former CHIKARA students) and has attempted to seriously injure several of their members. This has led to Jigsaw questioning his motives, the insinuation being that Quack knows more about GEKIDO than he is letting on and would prefer to see them put out of action before their true identities can be revealed.

Thanks. That makes a little more sense. Quack ran out after the Fire Ant/The Shard match and ran off The Shard. Jigsaw then came out, and Quack told Jigsaw that each has done something that the other hasn't agreed with, and he asked Jigsaw how much more the Chikara locker room could stand because the GEKIDO faction was tearing it apart. Quack didn't mention anything specific, so my friends and I were puzzled by what has happened so far.

I wonder if Punk will lose one day before he beats Cena's record.

How long will his reign be by the Rumble?

There is your answer.

Also Punk celebrating it being 1 year since winning the title is yet another perfect chance to debut the new design for the title that they wont take.

That belt is never showing up on TV until Cena is dead.

Ithil

How long will his reign be by the Rumble?

There is your answer.

Also Punk celebrating it being 1 year since winning the title is yet another perfect chance to debut the new design for the title that they wont take.

That belt is never showing up on TV until Cena is dead.

It will be 435 days.

I'm probAbly alone in this, but I'm more hyped by the debut of Rollins than Ambrose. Rollins has ring skills better than most of the roster.....most.

I still find Rollins pretty boring. He's probably technically better than Ambrose, but Ambrose has a very defined uniqueness to his style that is missing from most of the roster. That said Seth Rollins does pretty well as "least interesting dude in a stable who can wrestle pretty well", so I guess he'll be playing the role of "Tyler Black" in WWE presents: Age of the Fall.

Ithil

I still find Rollins pretty boring. He's probably technically better than Ambrose, but Ambrose has a very defined uniqueness to his style that is missing from most of the roster. That said Seth Rollins does pretty well as "least interesting dude in a stable who can wrestle pretty well", so I guess he'll be playing the role of "Tyler Black" in WWE presents: Age of the Fall.

He mind find himself, Bryan was generally weak at promos (generally, not always) until a while into WWE. Some guys just aren't made for mic work, but who knows where Rollins will be in two years?

In any case I think he'll be a good success, his moveset and look is naturally crowd pleasing and he'll tap into the Jeff Hardy audience while actually being a good wrestler.

Cena will demand a rematch tonight and win the title. :p

There is a Raw on day 379, I fully expect Cena to get a title shot that day.

He mind find himself, Bryan was generally weak at promos (generally, not always) until a while into WWE. Some guys just aren't made for mic work, but who knows where Rollins will be in two years?

In any case I think he'll be a good success, his moveset and look is naturally crowd pleasing and he'll tap into the Jeff Hardy audience while actually being a good wrestler.

Danielson was leagues ahead of Tyler Black in terms of ability to sell a story through wrestling, but I sort of see your point.
And yeah, Rollins will likely play well to the Hot Topic crowd so long as he does more to come off as something other than "bootleg CM Punk"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There is a Raw on day 379, I fully expect Cena to get a title shot that day.

"John Cena won the title at a house show"

Remember when this happened with the tag belts

Many belts

All belts

atrhhjhghggg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those of you saying this a new era of people that aren't gassed up huge brutes have it all wrong. The product is declining in viewership, and just because you personally are pretty pleased with how the product is moving away from gargantuan beastmen - and that's all well and good, honestly - it's bad for the product.

We need huge dudes. We need ass-kickers. AN ASS KICKER. People have to buy into the product, the character - and who wants to see two smaller guys go at it when you can have a clash of the titans?

krae_man

Who's ready for Survivor Series tonight?!

Can't wait for Punk to say "I didn't do it K thx bye" again. Then Ambrose and company come out and cut a promo about making an impact. Vince says he will give them all a $1 Million contract if they can defeat Ryback next week. Ryback completely destroys them and they get a one way amber lamps ride back to development.

BlazinAm

Watching Survivor Series now waiting for the sidewalk guys to come. Man the WHC feud is really the stronger feud, I like how it's built around Big Show and Sheamus's finishing moves.

Those of you saying this a new era of people that aren't gassed up huge brutes have it all wrong. The product is declining in viewership, and just because you personally are pretty pleased with how the product is moving away from gargantuan beastmen - and that's all well and good, honestly - it's bad for the product.

We need huge dudes. We need ass-kickers. AN ASS KICKER. People have to buy into the product, the character - and who wants to see two smaller guys go at it when you can have a clash of the titans?

I really think UFC's popularity helps with the acceptance of smaller guys as ass kickers. I think there just has to be an extended painful re-education period for the audience. Hell, a good match starts to go over 5 minutes and people start to chant it's boring. I don't think size is the problem.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really think UFC's popularity helps with the acceptance of smaller guys as ass kickers. I think there just has to be an extended painful re-education period for the audience. Hell, a good match starts to go over 5 minutes and people start to chant it's boring. I don't think size is the problem.

I think that helped, sure - but - I also don't see the WWE's smaller guys actually looking lethal like MMA dudes do. There's a presence that a lot of them simply don't have.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Finlay's so good that he makes that bum Kane learn a new move.
tumblr_m4qwahks7i1qb3rioo1_250.gif
I'm starting to think that you've only seen like 3 Kane matches in your life, lol. Kane was doing the enzuguri for years.

I think that helped, sure - but - I also don't see the WWE's smaller guys actually looking lethal like MMA dudes do. There's a presence that a lot of them simply don't have.
I agree, that's something that needs to be booked. They're adding smaller guys but not making them look strong enough. Invincibility codes need to be removed, people need to tap to submissions, and more knockout strikes would help.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, that's something that needs to be booked. They're adding smaller guys but not making them look strong enough. Invincibility codes need to be removed, people need to tap to submissions, and more knockout strikes would help.

Yes, yes, yes 100%. I'm so tired of knowing certain characters WILL NOT TAP. I hate it. I absolutely hate it.

I know the Undertaker won't tap. I know Cena won't tap these days. I know Ryback will not. So many will not. Just will not.

It blows.

Punt yay.

Part of me will miss spazing out, floor punching, goofy smirking, star jumping, out of nowhere-ing, rapid scoop power slamming, pop gaining Face Orton if this news is true.
The return of chin locks is potentially upon us.

Speaking of turns, I hope they are actually planning to keep Miz face, I was hoping for a double turn with Kofi going heel after he kicked Miz's head off after the handshake proposal a few weeks back but nope.

Top Bottom