• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| CM Punk's Countdown to RESPECT

9h4LF.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is Punk vs Ambrose or Rollins TLC too much to ask for?

That's a lot. Especially considering Rollins and Ambrose ain't ready for the spotlight yet. Then again, it's not like Punk usually main events PPVs...

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

His Heel run in 2010 was magical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoWX4Patfng

Also just watched the rest of Survivor Series. Oh wow, Ambrose actually debuted. Whudathunkit.

1 PPV and 2 RAW's of Rock vs Punk will be better then a year of Rock vs Cena.

Ugh, that build up was terrible. At least the the match was good, but that was probably because my expectations were so low.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tensai deserves much better. :( That gif pains me to watch. Fuck off Brodus, lift a weight. You can't get over on Fats alone.

Kaladin

Why would they fight each other?

Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns invaded SS because they were tired of Cena and Ryback getting title shots and it's time for one of them to take the spotlight, queue #1 contenders beat the clock challenge or something of that nature with the three of them.

Kyoufu

Are you serious?

I mean Punk vs Orton were good matches but man.

Besides we got Punk vs. Bryan earlier this year.

Source???

Yeah on Punk's DVD he says he was angry that they had nothing for him for WrestleMania 27. They offered him a match with Daniel Bryan but he turned it down because he didn't want to be so low on the card. He took the feud with Orton but at that point he was getting really pissed off with the company.

Then he was given New Nexus just to be "John Cena's program" which made him decide to leave.

strobogo

Banned
That looks like both guys fucked up. Brodus just falls back, A-Train doesn't try to help with the jump at all. It really encapsulates Tensai's run. What a terrible, terrible come back. Might be one of the worst come backs I can remember. Maybe that month long D-Lo come back?

BlazinAm

Yeah on Punk's DVD he says he was angry that they had nothing for him for WrestleMania 27. They offered him a match with Daniel Bryan but he turned it down because he didn't want to be so low on the card. He took the feud with Orton but at that point he was getting really pissed off with the company.

Then he was given New Nexus just to be "John Cena's program" which made him decide to leave.

Is this an extra because I don't remember that... I remember that he was mad that Miz got top billing when he was the better heel. He also said that he was telling people that he wanted out like a year before and wwe tried to offer a new contract over and over and he turned them down each time, until Money in the Bank.

Another thing that was thinking about.... the night that Punk dropped his pipebomb they recorded the next Raw right after so how is it a shoot, you know how do you write your second show around an unknown promo?

Kyoufu

Is this an extra because I don't remember that... I remember that he was mad that Miz got top billing when he was the better heel. He also said that he was telling people that he wanted out like a year before and wwe tried to offer a new contract over and over and he turned them down each time, until Money in the Bank.

Another thing that was thinking about.... the night that Punk dropped his pipebomb they recorded the next Raw right after so how is it a shoot, you know how do you write your second show around a unknown promo?

Yeah it's on the extras disc.

That promo wasn't an "unknown". They let him "air his grievances". Vince knew it'd be good.

The extras disc is pretty good. Cena and Triple H had no idea Punk was one of the Chicago gangsters during Cena's entrance. Also the story of how they fucked up Punk's momentum after his debut at Survivor Series.

BlazinAm

Yeah it's on the extras disc.

That promo wasn't an "unknown". They let him "air his grievances". Vince knew it'd be good.

Yeah I understand the really broad bullet point of the promo... maybe I have to watch that episode of Raw and see how things work out. IIRC Johnny Ace started making an appearance starting "the week after" the shoot.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Did You Know

CM Punk can turn Cena heel by cutting promos on how Cena is a fraud and a dick?
Punk can point out that Cena promised the world that he would be The Rock and failed. Then he can point out how many times Cena has been fired or promised to go away for a while and never has. That's not a man of his word. That's a LIAR. The pipebomb can be Punk pointing out how Cena beat a tired Rey Mysterio only an hour after Rey won the title but he chastised Del Rio for cashing in his MitB shot.

It's a method to the madness. All those WTF moments are building to something.

Kaladin

When was Ambrose on NXT? WWE.com and JR both mention it but I don't remember seeing him or are they meaning FCW and being lazy

He's not a regular on the show, they're probably just saying he was an NXT Superstar because he was contracted to that brand.....and they don't want to say Rollins and Reigns were both NXT while Ambrose was a regular dark match guy.

Ithil

When was Ambrose on NXT? WWE.com and JR both mention it but I don't remember seeing him or are they meaning FCW and being lazy

FCW has officially been changed to NXT Wrestling, as a company, so I think it's a bit much to explain over commentary during a shock ending. So he just said NXT as an umbrella term.

FCW has officially been changed to NXT Wrestling, as a company, so I think it's a bit much to explain over commentary during a shock ending. So he just said NXT as an umbrella term.

Ah right that makes sense then, I was thinking of NXT as the show alone and not the developmental territory

The best PPV matches DVDs are always a good batch of matches, it's a shame though that due to the odd release timing of the previous 2 entire months get ignored so certain matches miss out.

Speaking of WWE DVDs Fremantle Media Enterprises are taking over from Silver Vision in January, I wonder if they'll get the dvds out a bit faster.

Kaladin

The best PPV matches DVDs are always a good batch of matches, it's a shame though that due to the odd release timing of the previous 2 entire months get ignored so certain matches miss out.

I doubt anything from SS or HIAC would go on that DVD this year.....maybe something from TLC, because TLC matches always have potential.

Kyoufu

30 minutes until disappointment!

PS: Since you guys always say Taker buried Punk for not wearing a suit as the WHC, well... is that true? Punk's DVD doesn't mention anything of the sort. In fact Hayes and JR say he earned Taker's respect as a main eventer after the feud.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
30 minutes until disappointment!

PS: Since you guys always say Taker buried Punk for not wearing a suit as the WHC, well... is that true? Punk's DVD doesn't mention anything of the sort. In fact Hayes and JR say he earned Taker's respect as a main eventer after the feud.

There was definitely mention of something like it, because I remember thinking of it at the time. Don't remember the exact bit, I think Hayes says something like 'there were some of the older guys who thought he didn't have the look for the title' or something.

Kyoufu

There was definitely mention of something like it, because I remember thinking of it at the time. Don't remember the exact bit, I think Hayes says something like 'there were some of the older guys who thought he didn't have the look for the title' or something.

Oh yeah, you're right. The "3 piece suit" look.

The champion vs champion match made me realize how over Bryan was.

The matches with Punk definitely helped both guys as they were competitive matches and where both were booked to come out looking like winners and were able to display their wrestling ability. The match at Over the Limit was probably their best in the WWE. The MITB one was also good but was pretty much helped by being a hardcore match and AJ doing the pin counts. The surfboard to dragon sleeper that Bryan did to punk was really great thing to see in the WWE.

Top Bottom