• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2015 [Up2: Nintendo Numbers]

Zalman

Disney Infinity did surprisingly poor on Sony consoles, with the partnership going on and everything. Family friendly games do well on Nintendo platforms. No wonder Activision is doubling down on those with Skylanders.

Mory Dunz

Disney Infinity did surprisingly poor on Sony consoles, with the partnership going on and everything. Family friendly games do well on Nintendo platforms. No wonder Activision is doubling down on those with Skylanders.

It was said the PS4 bundle wasn't counted

allan-bh

This type of casual/family games tend to sell worse on Playstation. I think we seeing in PS4 the trend that started on PS3.

Fat4all

Banned
Time for my go-to image in times like this.

08f4d7fba566f17c4fb668c8e17b5bbb.jpg

NolbertoS

Hey guys, where's rhe sweet potato pies....man, those pizza's are making me hungry. Thought this was an NPD thread, not Junk Food GAF :'(. Now I'm gonna microwave a pizza pie.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
except the game is already a million seller its doing fine for a spin off

NPD thread, not Media Create :p

Europe (Tomodachi Life sold well over a million there) & Japan will most likely make up for NoA's under-performance.

allan-bh

I miss the old days when I clicked in the thread and HW numbers was all there, plus top 10 software.

Or even better, the times when all software sales was leaked by bunkum.

SpotAnime

Warner Bros. is really on a roll this year, at least in terms of software sales. LEGO Dimensions not charting is surprising though. As others have said, it can probably be attributed to the game's high price compared to its competitors - not to mention Disney Infinity has the Star Wars advantage.

Yep. I bet we'll be seeing some pretty sweet deals on LEGO Dimensions this holiday. Retail has stocked it pretty good, they'll want these to fly off shelves to move inventory.

Wow, Disney Infinity makes the list but Skylanders and LEGO don't! That's crazy, the Star Wars thirst is real!

It also helps that DI was pretty cheap this year.

Was very surprising that Skylanders didn't chart. Guess that brand is starting to show its age, or maybe consumers didn't take to the driving-centric gameplay of Superchargers?

Star Wars >>>> all

This so much. Better get your pre-orders in for the Force Awakens playsets, they're going to be pretty damn hard to find before Christmas...

And congrats again to WB for the Mad Max charting. Guaranteed to be > 500k, that's pretty damn good for this title.
Edit: oops, misread, missed the 500k cut. But charting alone was still commendable for Mad Max.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Has Forza ever charted?

Only in single platform charts. Also the digital deluxe edition will have pushed the core fans to go digital because of early access. Each Forza sells around 2 million worldwide lifetime according to leaderboards, it does ok.

But LOL at the comments on that NBA tweet. Guys, it just says it's the best 8th gen sports game launch. It's not saying best sports game launch ever.

Mory Dunz

Was very surprising that Skylanders didn't chart. Guess that brand is starting to show its age, or maybe consumers didn't take to the driving-centric gameplay of Superchargers?

And it was the one time I was interesting in Skylanders too...

because of the Wii U special stuff. I wondered if it affected sales.

Wow at NBA. Destiny probably did well digital. And looks like Mario Maker was able to bump Wii U up a little. If only Wii U was not called Wii U. All these games may have sold more consoles if it weren't for the damned name. At least there's some interest in the Console.

Yawnier

Banned
Its been a while since I posted in one of these threads but man, these sales threads don't get the number of posts that they used to get a few years ago. What happened?

The steep drop in console sales is troubling. The hardware is too expensive? Lack of interesting titles? Lack of interesting features?

Speaking for myself here - it is mostly the first two. I couldn't care less about some features I'll try once and never touch again.

On price - $300 is pretty close to impulse buy territory for me, rather than $400-$429.

On titles/games - Waiting for more (current gen only) japanese games and more unique games, basically. I've burned myself out on shooters after last gen.

AniHawk

Its been a while since I posted in one of these threads but man, these sales threads don't get the number of posts that they used to get a few years ago. What happened?

the dedicated market is shrinking so badly it's now affecting npd threads on neogaf.

the dedicated market is shrinking so badly it's now affecting npd threads on neogaf.

In all seriousness though, NPD has been a waste for quite a few years now. The North American market really stopped being all that interesting after the collapse of the Wii. Annual titles typically dominate the charts with a few Nintendo titles making an appearance and the rare one off hit. Vita, 3DS, and Wii U are all relatively stagnated and the Xbox One and PS4 have little variance between one another, with the edge tipped more in Sony's favor.

With the increase of digital sales continuing to make NPD numbers more irrelevant it's only a mater of time before all of these threads become useless.

Sales-Age hit its peak in the 2005-2009 era. And I'm not talking just US/NPD either, Media Create and Chart Track has suffered heavily too. It's fucking depressing. Most of the old main Sales-Age members here don't even really post anymore.

Top Bottom