• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] PS5 Pro Revealed - Price, Technology, Specs and Potential

akira__

Banned
I don't know what you are trying to say here Tetsuo!
You have expensive pc for gaming, yet you tell others that they are spending too much. There are videocards that cost more then the ps5 pro.

----
Akira the explosion the character in the image is looking straight at it.

Last edited:

kevboard

No he's right:

The only benefit that DF made a big deal of was VRR to compensate for the lower fps on XSX but the PS5 has that now too so the retreat for most was LFC. The problem with LFC though is that you start to get blurring with the Backlight Strobing/BFI disabled for VRR.

Anyone who thinks constant stutters are preferable to a slight blur is mental

Last edited:

kevboard

No we're not. When LFC kicks in there is noticeable stutter. Look it up if you like.

not on Xbox, as LFC doesn't "Kick in" in this case. it is always on.

if you run your Xbox at 120hz and play a game that runs in a 60hz container, all the xbox does is double every frame.

Nothing kicks in, nothing turns off. It's like playing a 30fps game at 60hz.

if you play a game, and LFC turns on and off, you have far larger issues than the supposed stutter that happen when LFC kicks in. Because that would mean you are playing a 120fps game that drops bellow 60fps...
like wtf are we even talking about here? This literally never happens

Last edited:

Three

not on Xbox, as LFC doesn't "Kick in" in this case. it is always on.

if you run your Xbox at 120hz and play a game that runs in a 60hz container, all the xbox does is double every frame.

Nothing kicks in, nothing turns off. It's like playing a 30fps game at 60hz.

if you play a game, and LFC turns on and off, you have far larger issues than the supposed stutter that happen when LFC kicks in. Because that would mean you are playing a 120fps game that drops bellow 60fps...
like wtf are we even talking about here? This literally never happens
I'm convinced you don't even know what LFC is.

Kerotan

Because John keeps saying a Pro is not needed, he also calls the Portal terrible.

Alex seems anti PlayStation as well.

Rich is really likeable and unbiased but he shouldn't be surprised for not getting an early look at this.
John is an Xbox fan and Alex is a high end pc guy so don't be surprised of their playstation attitudes.

If it wasn't for Richard I wouldn't watch.

akira__

Banned
This console will benefit Xbox as well. Now Xbox would be dumb not to drop the parody rule because you want the X to be as close as they can get to the pro.
The parody of launching a mid gen refresh at the start of console generation?

Last edited:

kevboard

I'm convinced you don't even know what LFC is.

and I am not only convinced but I know that you do not know how VRR and 120hz works on Xbox.
if you play Elden Ring on Series X at 120hz with vrr, every frame gets doubled at all times. nothing "kicks in" and nothing stutters. the console simply sends every frame twice to the display, and the display adjusts the refresh rate depending on how many frames get sent.

if Elden Ring runs at 60fps in a low stress scene, the system sends 120 frames to the display. if you are in an extremely taxing scene and the game runs at 45fps, the system sends 90 frames to the display.

LFC does not "kick in", it doesn't turn on or off. it's just there at all times.

it is clearly you who doesn't know what you're talking about

Last edited:

kevboard

Tell us how you really feel.

What's there more to say? it's a useless device that has only a single function, which is using the high input latency remote play on PS5. every single smartphone can do that at exactly the same quality and a dualsense controller clip is like 10 bucks.

edit: scratch that, a Phone can (according to some users online) do it at higher quality actually, because you can use 3rd party remote play apps that are supposedly superior... but I can't vouch for that

Last edited:

bundylove

and I am not only convinced but I know that you do not know how VRR and 120hz works on Xbox.
if you play Elden Ring on Series X at 120hz with vrr, every frame gets doubled at all times. nothing "kicks in" and nothing stutters. the console simply sends every frame twice to the display, and the display adjusts the refresh rate depending on how many frames get sent.

if Elden Ring runs at 60fps in a low stress scene, the system sends 120 frames to the display. if you are in an extremely taxing scene and the game runs at 45fps, the system sends 90 frames to the display.

LFC does not "kick in", it doesn't turn on or off. it's just there at all times.

it is clearly you who doesn't know what you're talking about
Not sure whos alt you are bur you are all over the playstation threads with your xbox is best attacks.
I do consider it as console warring.

I want to read about playstation in these threads and dont want fanboys like you tainting them with your xbox nonsense.

From your series s comments how its god to this now, i think you should stick to your side and leave us alone

kevboard

Not sure whos alt you are bur you are all over the playstation threads with your xbox is best attacks.
I do consider it as console warring.

I want to read about playstation in these threads and dont want fanboys like you tainting them with your xbox nonsense.

From your series s comments how its god to this now, i think you should stick to your side and leave us alone

this is classic projection. it's funny how stating facts is seen as fanboyism. must be the same reason so many on this forum seem to hate digital foundry because stating factual data is hurting people's feelings.

if I see someone say complete nonsense, and I correct said nonsense, how exactly is that fanboyism?
and how is it fanboyism that I think it's great that the Series S is such a shitty console because it makes my PS5 ports run well by keeping developers in check and forcing optimisation?

pure projecting. the only way you can engage in any discussion is through the lens of Xbox vs Playstation. if I say something negative about one you see it as an endorsement of the other, if I say something positive about one it absolutely has to be also negative towards the other and vise versa.

In my short time on this forum I have encountered this behaviour shockingly often. hell, there's a whole thread about Digital Foundry being biased and delusional people actually agreeing with the premise of the thread. they call John an Xbox fanboy when at the same time he gets harassed on twitter for being a Sony shill. it is absolutely shocking.

it is shocking that telling someone how the Xbox Series X's VRR works for 60fps games is seen as fanboyism. so it's no wonder that people see fanboyism and biases in Digital Foundry videos.. stating facts, clearing up misinformation... all fanboyism

Last edited:

bundylove

this is classic projection. it's funny how stating facts is seen as fanboyism. must be the same reason so many on this forum seem to hate digital foundry because stating factual data is hurting people's feelings.

if I see someone say complete nonsense, and I correct said nonsense, how exactly is that fanboyism?
and how is it fanboyism that I think it's great that the Series S is such a shitty console because it makes my PS5 ports run well by keeping developers in check.

pure projecting. the only way you can engage in any discussion is through the lens of Xbox vs Playstation. if I say something negative about one you see it as an endorsement of the other, if I say something positive about one it absolutely has to be also negative towards the other and vise versa.

In my short time on this forum I have encountered this behaviour shockingly often. hell, there's a whole thread about Digital Foundry being biased and delusional people actually agreeing with the premise of the thread. they call John an Xbox fanboy when at the same time he gets harassed on twitter for being a Sony shill. it is absolutely shocking.

it is shocking that telling someone how the Xbox Series X's VRR works for 60fps games is seen as fanboyism. so it's no wonder that people see fanboyism and biases in Digital Foundry videos.. stating facts, clearing up misinformation... all fanboyism
Where are the mods when you need them.....
As i said before you dont b3long here.
I am exhausted of your verbal diarrhia all the time.
You come into every sony thread to spread bullshit and try to force your shit on everyone 3lse. We dont care. All you do ia trash trash trash everything sony with your series s jerking.

I hope yes you get banned and at this rate its only a matter of time.

For my own sake so i dont have to see your stupid comments i will put you on ignore

Last edited:

Darsxx82

He's far lower you mean, the guy is a Sony fanboy who regularly gets things completely wrong. Also he had an interview to work at DF years ago, obviously they turned him down.
I laugh a lot when I read in the DF comparison threads the usual suspects crying and complaining about the supposed bias of the DF staff and then they try to convince you that NXG is much better and more impartial..... 🤣

bundylove

I laugh a lot when I read in the DF comparison threads the usual suspects crying and complaining about the supposed bias of the DF staff and then they try to convince you that NXG is much better and more impartial..... 🤣
THey both suck.
We need someone new

Darsxx82

THey both suck.
We need someone new
There are many others who make comparisons and for me they are all valid. The reasonable thing, in my opinion, is to use all the sources of comparisons and draw your conclusions from there.

They all have flaws at times and they all may have some degree of bias, but the data and images do not lie.

That said, I miss VGtech. It used to be the key casting vote that determined who was right (at least in terms of resolution and average framerate) when there was a variety of results or a lack of clarity.

kevboard

THey both suck.
We need someone new

neither of them suck, it's just fanboys getting their feelings hurt. neither of them is biased towards anything, both of them release empirical data, sometimes NXGamer misses some details, sometimes DF misses some details, sometimes VG Tech misses some details, and sometimes all of them miss details (Dark Souls Remastered using CBR comes to mind).

with the increasing complexity of how games present their final image, with different forms of temporal antialiasing, different forms of temporal reconstruction, dynamic resolutions, different modes, it's just human to not get everything right.
this isn't the PS360 era anymore where every game has 1 mode, is rendered at a static native resolution with easily identifiable settings and basic antialiasing (FXAA, MSAA etc)

we don't need somone new, we need NX Gamer, we need DF, and we need VG Tech and we need as many sources as possible, because if one of them misses a detail, it's more and more likely that someone else will notice said detail, the more people do tech analysis of games. and as a whole all of them combined will give us a clearer picture.

Last edited:

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Wonder why that would be...
eJ2ztf4.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, instead of Sony inviting people who know what they talking about they instead went with CNET. And I’m not just talking about DF, they could have gone with any number of outlets but instead we got that CNET coverage that was frankly terrible.
Mark Cerny emailed them last year.

DF didn't understand the 3d audio, so Mark wrote email, he tried to explain it with simple language.

About that...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
How exactly was DF supposed to know that? How exactly was anyone supposed to know that? It’s not as if there was any public information about it. All anyone could do was speculate.
If they didn't know, then they should not have misled acting like they had it all figured out. They've been behind the curve since prior to this gen starting, but only in one direction, and to be proven wrong on several occasions.

It's been explained countless times by HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 on here.

Why was CNET chosen? Well, I would think it has something to do with being the largest tech publication in the world (Marketing 101). This will trickle into people's favorite tech peeps hands more and more in due time.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
If they didn't know, then they should not have misled acting like they had it all figured out. They've been behind the curve since prior to this gen starting, but only in one direction, and to be proven wrong on several occasions.

Why was CNET chosen? Well, I would think it has something to do with being the largest tech publication in the world (Marketing 101). This will trickle into people's favorite tech peeps hands more and more in due time.
I have no problem with CNET being chosen, but them uploading at 1080p 30fps is some next level fucktardery

Zathalus

It was initial speculation from John on the DF podcast regarding the new beta feature that he talked about for a few minutes, it’s not like they wrote an article claiming how it definitively worked. Then Cerny reached out the day after the podcast went live, having apparently watched it himself with clarification on some stuff the DF would have absolutely no way of knowing or being able to test.

As for being behind the curve, they have had exclusive developer interviews and features with four different studios then gen, so Sony at least doesn’t mind working with them. With the most recent being an interview regarding the technology behind Spider-Man 2.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It was initial speculation from John on the DF podcast regarding the new beta feature that he talked about for a few minutes, it’s not like they wrote an article claiming how it definitively worked. Then Cerny reached out the day after the podcast went live, having apparently watched it himself with clarification on some stuff the DF would have absolutely no way of knowing or being able to test.

As for being behind the curve, they have had exclusive developer interviews and features with four different studios then gen, so Sony at least doesn’t mind working with them. With the most recent being an interview regarding the technology behind Spider-Man 2.
So maybe a video will be coming then, or maybe they don't trust them on the hardware side.

Either way, Cnet was chosen for reach, nothing more.

akira__

Banned

The stern email from Cerny in that particular video was about the Tempest engine.

Cerny worked on 3D audio. He had a vision; that took him deep into 3D audio, even looking at ears. In order to deliver on that vision, it became an incredible amount of work spanning years across multiple teams and disciplines: the audio chip, the Tempest engine, the API for devs to use the Tempest engine. And then they finally added support for Atmos as output, after almost a decade of work. It was time to celebrate.

Syke

DF just shat all over it, created weird console war narratives and didn't give credit where credit it due.

Hence the angry email

The stern email from Cerny in that particular video was about the Tempest engine.

Cerny worked on 3D audio. He had a vision; that took him deep into 3D audio, even looking at ears. In order to deliver on that vision, it became an incredible amount of work spanning years across multiple teams and disciplines: the audio chip, the Tempest engine, the API for devs to use the Tempest engine. And then they finally added support for Atmos as output, after almost a decade of work. It was time to celebrate.

Syke

DF just shat all over it, created weird console war narratives and didn't give credit where credit it due.

Hence the angry email

I personally think Tempest is underrated. I play on a (relatively high-end but not top-end) soundbar + TV combo, and the 3D audio can get really awesome in Tempest. Hearing helicopters and jets above you in CoD multiplayer really adds a nice touch. Many other games where you can "sense" the direction from which the sound is coming from.

JimboJones

Syke

Hence the angry email
"Stern email" 😂

Zathalus

Syke

Hence the angry email
Angry email? lol ok.

demigod

Hey, I'm happy you're rich and happy to pay for this. I'm not telling you how to spend your money but I can promise you this console is an absolute rip off.

I just play Xbox games on PC. If you can't stand windows all the power to you. I guess you pay a premium for a mediocre upgrade to avoid windows. Sony will be very happy.

I still love you and your love for Returnal.
Bro out here owns a 4080 or 4090 and claims this is a ripoff, GTFOutta here.

Top Bottom