• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III |OT| The Eclipse Comes Early

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ember did get a bit buried. She hit the Eclipse and still lost.

Best match Asuka has had in NXT. Best match Ember has had in NXT. Fantastic. This show is amazing so far.

Guess the rumor of
Asuka going up tomorrow and winning a main roster title and the MYC being for the NXT title
is still on the table.

Holy shit please make this a thing and make it the SD title.

Ithil

I'm sure they originally planned for Ember to win when they planned out this feud, but even though she's a great wrestler she's just not ready to be a top face.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There is literally nowhere to go with Asuka other than promoted to main roster undefeated at this point.

Lol at anyone saying Ember comes out of that looking bad. No one looks bad after a match like that. No one.

I don't think we are getting Kairi vs. Asuka. I think Asuka is just gonna come up and drop it.

Congrats on Ember carrying to Asuka to who second good match in NXT that didn't involve gimmicks. Wrong person won and The Eclipse should have been protected.

People think every finisher should be treated like the owa.

She hit the Eclipse, Asuka kicked out of it, the only wrestler in the entire WWE that would probably do it.

ReiGun

CPgwE2K.gif

The moon never outshines the sun, brehs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Best match Asuka has had in NXT. Best match Ember has had in NXT. Fantastic. This show is amazing so far.

Guess the rumor of
Asuka going up tomorrow and winning a main roster title and the MYC being for the NXT title
is still on the table.

Oh man if this is true I'll lose it. lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Clean finish and both wrasslers get put over

Trips doin it right

At least this crowd went from booing her and giving her nothing during the match to at least a respectful send off.

Damn, that party got crazy towards the end, almost leapt outta my seat at the eclipse and following kick out.

Ember will be fine, she still comes out strong by taking it to the undefeated champ.
Also a great use of kicking out of a protected finisher.

Asuka kicking out of the Eclipse is fine. Asuka is so goddamn strongly built that logically she would kick out of even the strongest finish.

Announcers fucked up btw not selling that Ember's Eclipse wasn't as impactful because of her arm injury. That would have protected the move a bit more and sold the story of the match a bit more.

Great selling on the arm though all match from Ember

Adree

Congrats on Ember carrying to Asuka to who second good match in NXT that didn't involve gimmicks. Wrong person won and The Eclipse should have been protected.

I do agree that they should have protected the Eclipse better since they were trying to tell the story that she couldn't do her moves right with a bad wing.

Top Bottom