• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Michael Flynn Misled Pentagon About His Russia Ties, Letter Says

For those just joining us, please note that OAN/OANN might be worse than Fox News for conservative propaganda.

Also, the administration consulting the ethics office on this is laughable as the White House itself is currently in a battle to have the same office from
Looking into its ethics of hiring lobbyists.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Think of who is in this administration. Is it really that surprising?
yes, actually.

Just more hit pieces from the lamestream media. Nothing to see here.
You know, i try to step back every now and then and do some self analysis.

At this point you have a couple of options.

Option 1: take all this news at face value with a hint of healthy skepticism.

Option 2: cnn, nyt, wapo, ap, reuters are all making this up risking their reputations and fox is the only real news.

Option 3: head in the sand, "they're all a bunch of crooks anyway"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yes, actually.

Leaks and big damaging stories beget more leaks and more big damaging stories. It would all stop if there was nothing more to leak, if there were no more big damaging stories to put out there, but Trump is literally a swirling mass of corruption and rampant stupidity the likes of which we've never seen in public office.

And with each leak Trump tries to catch the leakers, which likely pisses off the guys working for him which leads to even more leakers.

He's stuck in an endless cycle of his own design.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If I worked for Trump I'd lie quite a bit, would feel it was mandatory, perhaps even career-elevating. Leadership by example, right?

Tommy DJ

Can you imagine how it would look, someone with confirmed Russian ties getting pardoned by the President?

Even Donnie can't be that fucking stupid.

I thought that too but you've got a guy who just practically admitted to sharing Mossad info to the Russians to the media while in public with the goddamn Israeli prime minister without any required prompting.

I think the problem with Trump is that he's got away with lying and threatening people for so long that he thinks it'll still work while he's a public servant. These methods might be potent if done in moderation but he doesn't know what moderation is. Add in the fact that he gets most of his news from wonky sources like Fox News and he has a really tenuous grasp of reality.

I dont get it. He used to be a general right? Why betray the country you used to protect? For money? If your will was that easily broken what about the other generals defending US?

I dont get it. He used to be a general right? Why betray the country you used to protect? For money? If your will was that easily broken what about the other generals defending US?

People don't always join groups like the Army or Marines specifically for altruistic reasons. Some want to escape, some see it as a last resort. Still more people like to revel in the power and authority the position brings. Some like killing and combat and pray for a chance to get some action. And some know it will look good on a résumé and open doors for them to gain influence. Flynn more than likely never cared about country but only himself. A high military and government position gave him power and influence which is what he might have always been after. He used his position to benefit and screw the American people into early graves if it meant his own self-satisfaction

entremet

yes, actually.

You know, i try to step back every now and then and do some self analysis.

At this point you have a couple of options.

Option 1: take all this news at face value with a hint of healthy skepticism.

Option 2: cnn, nyt, wapo, ap, reuters are all making this up risking their reputations and fox is the only real news.

Option 3: head in the sand, "they're all a bunch of crooks anyway"
I was being facetious. i thought it was obvious lol

Kyzer

Banned
My friends dad whos an avid trump supporter is even now saying he looks guilty as all hell, winter is coming.

digdug2k

It's totally fine guys. People so this all the time. It's part otheir jobs. Isn't that the argument we heard when this first came up?

Top Bottom