• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Obama to nominate first Gay army Secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Wj6H6ZT.jpg

I need a gif of that finger point gesture. It's the only way to determine the gay/straight ratio.

antonz

He is a competent fellow and his personal life should have no bearing.

That said I am not a fan of his as far as his overseeing various military development projects. Many have been disasters

I feel bad for the republican staffer or intern who is currently combing the internet and local libraries for any minor issue in this man's past that can semi justify torpedoing the nomination.

antonz

I feel bad for the republican staffer or intern who is currently combing the internet and local libraries for any minor issue in this man's past that can semi justify torpedoing the nomination.

Republican's aren't making a fuss because he fits in with them in a lot of ways. He has been outspoken against too much gutting of the military. He likes his expensive military development projects etc.

pa22word

An octogenarian with alzheimer's is probably not the best example for this.

If you think for more than five seconds about my post youll see why that's not the point.

Reagan would have won in 1988 but lost in 1992 (recession, Alzheimer's)

1992 he would have won again because unlike bush he wouldnt have had to be strong armed into a no new taxes pledge to win the election because he would be coming in as an incumbent.

Also, its pretty unlikely regan would have gotten directly involved in desert storm either, which would have lessened the impact of the recession in the first place.

pa22word

Upping the condescension doesn't make you any less wrong.

And you any less dense, apparently.

Reagan was just one example out of many. Just because we have historian's fallacy to work against using reagan as a direct example doesnt make the core argument of why we have term limits any less cognizant.

Bodacious

Banned
And you any less dense, apparently.

Reagan was just one example out of many. Just because we have historian's fallacy to work against using reagan as a direct example doesnt make the core argument of why we have term limits any less cognizant.

And while we're on the subject, we need term limits for Congress too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom