• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

miserable

DLcOZKZVoAAyDFZ.jpg:large

wait, what?

Zach

He knows where to find me

I really regret this, tbh - some terrible takes in my mentions. For instance; pre-WCW Ric Flair was awful, Roddy Piper was a terrible promo and a terrible wrestler, Lio Rush is a good wrestler, the only good promos are shoot promos, Marty should've got Shawn's push, HHH was better than Rock & Austin, Alex Riley should've been NXT champion, ECW was better in-ring than anything else in the 90's, Ambrose is the best Shield member, and so on.

It's cool, I got this: I know you all like him, but [insert increasingly popular indie wrestler here] is actually bad. Also, Okada is bad. Especially compared to Kevin Nash, who is in fact good :p
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

I really regret this, tbh - some terrible takes in my mentions. For instance; pre-WCW Ric Flair was awful, Roddy Piper was a terrible promo and a terrible wrestler, Lio Rush is a good wrestler, the only good promos are shoot promos, Marty should've got Shawn's push, HHH was better than Rock & Austin, Alex Riley should've been NXT champion, ECW was better in-ring than anything else in the 90's, Ambrose is the best Shield member, and so on.

Just saw this gem:
Enzo Amore is one of the best all-round characters in WWE. Whether that is him or a character, he lives it. Others need to follow suit.

Imagine seeing Enzo coked out walking through LA with his CW belt. Just imagine.

Meltzer really went all in on tearing apart WWE and Warrior in the newsletter this week. Good on him.

Zach

I haven't seen much of Enzo's run outside of NXT, but I agree that the guy is all in and that's why it works.

Love him or hate him, you gotta respect his confidence in the character, Michael!

This thread on Reddit is highlighting the crowd at Full Sail isn't getting any better: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/74k7uj/behavior_last_night_at_full_sail/

The comment about ROH/NJPW is something that has become increasingly annoying. Tons of people who just watched their first NJPW matches this year not shutting the ef up about how much better it is than WWE....while discussing RAW/Smackdown. You're not special because you just discovered wrestling outside of WWE.

From what I gather with Full Sail it's usually the same handful of people who do this shit, right? Like I know it isn't the entire arena but that it's a very small arena so even just five people shouting something is gonna be picked up.

Why don't they just find them and kick them out permanently?

From what I gather with Full Sail it's usually the same handful of people who do this shit, right? Like I know it isn't the entire arena but that it's a very small arena so even just five people shouting something is gonna be picked up.

That's what a lot of the comments in the thread are saying, email Full Sail and WWE NXT to complain about the jerks. It seems like a lot of parents bring there kids there to help them get into wrestling and think it's family oriented, only to be encountered by assholes ruining it all. It does seem to be a small amount of people relative to the crowd.

I agree that while chants can be annoying, nothing is worse than someone trying to actively ruin your time by being a 'Smark'.

The local indie crowd in my town is mainly made up of smarks but the promotion here is family friendly and there is a lot of comedy. There are a lot of really good guys here but nothing is really recorded so it is hard for any international exposure at this point.

They draw about 400 people a month and 600+ for their biggest show of the year which is crazy when I think about it. But I digress, as much as a lot of people are wearing NJPW/BC/LIJ etc shirts nobody shits on the show or acts smarky and in the off chance they do the crowd gets them to settle down pretty quick.

I think because there are kids and families there it puts people off being dickheads. People sometimes cheer heels and boo faces but it leads to the kids throwing shit at people in the crowd and it ends up being a lot of fun and in jest. It is actually a really good atmosphere at these shows where everyone takes it easy and has fun.

Unlike the NXT show last year where I nearly fought a guy for being a racist cunt and a stereotypical smart mark just shit on everything and came across like an absolute tosspot.

Once again, I believe the "every wrestler is a piece of crap until proven otherwise" rule should also apply to Youtube personalities. Except for friend Anth0ny, we know he's good people

All these stories coming about sexual harassment from YT/Bloggers is kind of fitting the stereotype of what happens when shut in nerds suddenly get 'famous'. They never learned, or knew, how to act with women so they think it's perfectly ok to just be like how men are in movies.

You don't have to kick them out. If they can't sit together, they're unable to coordinate and it's not an issue. I don't even know why they allow them to sit together since, when they load everyone in, they force everyone to the end of a row but allow that group to clump together in the center.

Zach

Just so you know, both of you are going to be involved in GWF10.

And the GWF Hotline is blowing up with rumors that they'll both turn up at GWF 9 in some capacity.

>_>

<_<

Oh, wait. That was Menome and Sweeney Tom. Not Hex.

That that, Hex!

gun_haver

All these stories coming about sexual harassment from YT/Bloggers is kind of fitting the stereotype of what happens when shut in nerds suddenly get 'famous'. They never learned, or knew, how to act with women so they think it's perfectly ok to just be like how men are in movies.

Hm, yeah that might be the connective tissue with all this stuff. It seems like every day some other youtuber or game press person is being revealed as either racist, full alt-right, sexually harassing, etc.

It's never happened with somebody I actually watch, though. Not once - I think if you put a filter on 'complete trash' and 'obviously a pandering asshole' you get rid of a lot of the dishonest sleazes who aren't doing whatever they do out of something wholesome.

Not everyone knows how to put those filters on though. Most people don't. That's how these turds find success in the first place and big surprise, they abuse it, cos they don't have one scruple about chasing their base desires.

As someone who thought Blade Runner was full of great ideas, but really fucking boring in execution: Still worth watching?
Absolutely. While watching I definitely had the thought that it'd probably be an easier watch for people who think the original is slow

I still think the original is iconic and unmatched, but my two friends thought 2049 was better. It's really a different movie in the same world which I appreciate. The noir is kind of ditched from the original which sucks but it feels more modern
We did it

Top Bottom