• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ode to the 2 hit combo. Most amazing combo video ever.

Ferrio

Banned
Since it kinda got overlooked due to the Daigo video, I thought such a beautiful piece of art (yes only combo video I'd consider art) deserves it's own thread.

It's a 20 minute 300 meg video that illustrates various wacky 2 hit combos from pretty much every mainstream fighting game you can think of.

What puts it so high on the petastool is the AWESOME editting.

Examples

-Showing a game where a character does a combo, then phases to a completely different game with a different character and they have a combo that looks almost exactly the same.

-Showing ryu do a combo with dragon punch in SF3, then in midflight of the dragon punch it goes to SF2 with ryu in the same position he then lands from the dragon punch and does a combo with hurricane kick. It then phases to CvS2 with ryu in the same place doing the hurricane kick and he finishes it...

Awesome work done on it, it's taken 2 years to make and has a nice tribute. If you're a fan a fighting games it's a must download.

http://home.coqui.net/evilaro/SRK/OdeToThe2HitCombo.zip

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Is that going to be up for awhile? I'd like to download it but I won't be able to do it til I get home...

Ferrio

Banned
DarienA said:
Is that going to be up for awhile? I'd like to download it but I won't be able to do it til I get home...

It's been up for 3 days, but it's 300 megs so i guess it's dependant on whether they think they've used enough bandwidth or not.

jenov4

Thanks! Grabbing it now, the link still seems to be up. Hope the network admins don't notice the spike in traffic.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Its lots of Capcom vs. SNK 2 hit combos, nothing overly special about it except that its 24 minutes of footage, which is REALLY boring after about 5.

Well it has good production values, that's for sure. But yes.... after about two or so minutes, it gets really old. Though its nice to see some obscure games in action, like the original Dynasty Warriors.

Sai

That was a great video. The 2-hit finisher with Makoto in the end was an excellent way to end it.

Hooker

Heh, that was one hour I won't get back (downloading and watching)

Download the parry one instead, much better for the non-fighing-game freak

Hooker said:
Heh, that was one hour I won't get back (downloading and watching)

Download the parry one instead, much better for the non-fighing-game freak

I agree, what a waste of time and bandwidth... Ferrio is a hack.

ElyrionX

That was quite possibly one of the most boring gaming videos I have ever seen. Sure, it has great production values and it was great seeing some old games in action once again. However, the content was simply and truly boring.....

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
He spent TWO YEARS of his life making this? A video about 2-hit combos only for 20+ mins?

I'm speechless. In a bad way. :|

At least it had a nice song though, the second one from the Final Fantasy series. Yey.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Uh, no.. he spent two years thinking about the combos and crap. I doubt he put together all the videos in two years. :p

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
My friend James made that video. To be honest, it's too long. I didn't sit through the whole thing, losing interest about 1/5 of the way through. You can only do so much with 2 hit combos, and it's not worth watching 20 mins of it. At least, not to me.

lordmrw

Exactly. After about 5 minutes, I kept wondering why they didn't just go buckwild with 5 or 6 hit combos. And how in the hell do you get a 999 hit combo in Marvel vs Capcom 2?

Ferrio

Banned
lordmrw said:
Exactly. After about 5 minutes, I kept wondering why they didn't just go buckwild with 5 or 6 hit combos. And how in the hell do you get a 999 hit combo in Marvel vs Capcom 2?

Infinite guage.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That was great, some of them were totally crazy. I really love some of the more creative ones that can actually be done in battle, it's like just humiliating your opponent (if they are bright enough to catch on to the fact that you are playing with them). Though I must say, some of those were doing 70-80% damage without even using a super, that is something that should just never happen in a fighter IMO.

Top Bottom