• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 "I Need A New PC" Thread

senahorse

rod said:
i used to use an old MS wireless kb+mouse....cost me quite a bit of money, but was a complete pos...is there a reason why it kept losing connection and then recconecting? and is that problem solved with this generation of kb+m?

rod, check out the Logitech MX5500 kb/m package, I use it at about 10M from my PC when playing on the kuro and it is rock solid.

Logitech%20Cordless%20Desktop%20MX%205500a.jpg

I need to build a rig that can play the latest games and be efficient at video editing / transcoding . I have about 1500$ to play with and I already have a good monitor, keyboard and mouse so you can exclude those from the price. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction or "link" me a PC that I can build for this price. This would also be the first PC that I actually build so is there a site I can go to that would so me step by step instructions on putting it all together,

Thanks a lot.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Just picked this mouse. I can't fucking believe the difference. It was worth its price. I am so quick reaching my abilities in WAR now, that I feel as if I had an unfair advantage. Either my previous MS mouse was shit or this mouse is truly the messiah.

microsoft-sidewinder.jpg

I have found the perfect weight combination. Gosh this mouse is EPIC.

Hajaz

StreetDisciple said:
I need to build a rig that can play the latest games and be efficient at video editing / transcoding . I have about 1500$ to play with and I already have a good monitor, keyboard and mouse so you can exclude those from the price. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction or "link" me a PC that I can build for this price. This would also be the first PC that I actually build so is there a site I can go to that would so me step by step instructions on putting it all together,

Thanks a lot.

if youre gonna spend that much on just the pc, youd be better of waiting for nehalem imo...
Q4 is getting really close now

Zzoram

godhandiscen said:
Just picked this mouse. I can't fucking believe the difference. It was worth its price. I am so quick reaching my abilities in WAR now, that I feel as if I had an unfair advantage. Either my previous MS mouse was shit or this mouse is truly the messiah.

microsoft-sidewinder.jpg

Ya that's a pretty sweet mouse. I'll consider getting that next time. I went from a Razer Copperhead to a Logitech G5, both of which were good. I think I like the shape of the G5 a bit more though.

godhandiscen

I've used the G5 before and I was never able to adapt to it, this is why I didn't buy a gaming mouse before. I used to think gaming mouses were overrated, but after trying the Sidewinder at a store a week ago, I realized that was the mouse for me.

Danj

Since we're on the subject of input devices, what's the best keyboard that meets these requirements:

* Is available in a UK layout
* Has the home block in the standard 3-column format
2467syu.png

not the compressed 2-column one
14xdzip.png

* Has media buttons (I use play/pause and the volume controls a lot)
* Doesn't have a curved key layout

I currently have a fairly generic Logitech "Corded Internet Keyboard", but it's PS/2 and it's also pretty grotty by now, so I'm thinking of replacing it.

border

As a non-techie, the Crysis PC interests me a great deal -- but there's one other possibility that's been running through my mind:

Has anyone tried building a machine to fit the requirements of the EFIX dongle that will let you run OSX Leopard natively? Here are the major requirements:

http://www.efixusa.net/hardware_comp.php?osCsid=fd144d3560443d799a0a40cd778b9e6c

Video cards

Geforce 7300 GS *
Geforce 7300 GT *
Geforce 7600 GS *
Geforce 7600 GT *
Geforce 7800 GT *
Geforce 7800 GTX *
Geforce 7900 GS *
Geforce 7900 GT *
Geforce 7950 GT *
Geforce 8800 GS **
Geforce 8800 GT **
Geforce 8800 GTS (320/640 mb)
Geforce 8800 GTS 512 mb **
Geforce 8800 GTX
Geforce 8800 Ultra

Quattro FX 5600

Radeon HD 2600 XT
Radeon HD 3870 **

Mobos:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS5
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME

If I'm looking to put together something under $1000, what would the be best choices between video card, motherboard, and CPU be? It will accept any of the Intel Duo/Quad Cores, supposedly.

The main choice seems to be between the 3870 and an nVidia card, but I can't find any good benchmarks on the vanilla 3870 (not the X2 version, which isn't supported yet I guess).

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Didn't seem to get an answer since yesterday, so I'll try to refine this. I was reading up on some articles on SATA DVD burners vs. IDE. A lot of people seemed to say that SATA drives had some compatibility issues, although these articles were at least a year old, and I'd assume that such issues would be resolved for now. They were taking issue with the prices on SATA burners as well, but they're down to below $30 now.

Are there any remaining compatibility issues at all, particularly if I'll still be using Windows XP? Should I just buy the nice $27 LG with 6 5 egg ratings I see on Newegg? (Sadly all the SATA burners they have have black facades to go with my white case)

Blizzard

Banned
Quick question: I'm running an e8400 e0 stepping on stock cooling with no overclock. Normally the cores stay at 36-37C or less. I was doing some more intensive processing today, though (running a camera, YouTube, installing openoffice etc.) and they jumped up to around 43-46C, even though it probably didn't even reach 50% CPU utilization. What kind of temperatures should I consider normal, and what should I watch out for as dangerous?

godhandiscen

border said:
As a non-techie, the Crysis PC interests me a great deal -- but there's one other possibility that's been running through my mind:

Has anyone tried building a machine to fit the requirements of the EFIX dongle that will let you run OSX Leopard natively? Here are the major requirements:

http://www.efixusa.net/hardware_comp.php?osCsid=fd144d3560443d799a0a40cd778b9e6c

Video cards

Geforce 7300 GS *
Geforce 7300 GT *
Geforce 7600 GS *
Geforce 7600 GT *
Geforce 7800 GT *
Geforce 7800 GTX *
Geforce 7900 GS *
Geforce 7900 GT *
Geforce 7950 GT *
Geforce 8800 GS **
Geforce 8800 GT **
Geforce 8800 GTS (320/640 mb)
Geforce 8800 GTS 512 mb **
Geforce 8800 GTX
Geforce 8800 Ultra

Quattro FX 5600

Radeon HD 2600 XT
Radeon HD 3870 **

Mobos:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3P
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS5
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DQ6
Gigabyte GA-EP45-EXTREME

If I'm looking to put together something under $1000, what would the be best choices between video card, motherboard, and CPU be? It will accept any of the Intel Duo/Quad Cores, supposedly.

The main choice seems to be between the 3870 and an nVidia card, but I can't find any good benchmarks on the vanilla 3870 (not the X2 version, which isn't supported yet I guess).
My 3870x2 gives me 20-40fps @ 1600x1050 on High/VeryHigh no AA on Crysis. I assume the 3870 will run bellow 30fps most of the time at those settings. Also, I have a 8GB of RAM and a Quad, if that helps. The 3870 will be ok for medium settings I guess.

border

I'm not so much concerned about Crysis as I am whether or not the 3870 is a better all-around card than the nVidia. WoW performance is probably more important, truth be told :lol

I plan on running everything at my monitor's native resolution (1440 x 900), so performance at higher resolutions isn't of any concern to me.

Hunter D

godhandiscen said:

microsoft-sidewinder.jpg

Hoope you bought it from amazon because they have it on sale.

Edit: That 300 series nvidia card has to be $1000.

Hardspell.com link

NVIDIA GTX 350
GT300 core
55nm technology
576mm
512bit
DDR5 2GB memory, doubled GTX280
480SP doubled GTX280
Grating operation units are 64 the same with GTX280
216G bandwidth
Default 830/2075/3360MHZ
Pixel filling 36.3G pixels/s
Texture filling 84.4Gpixels/s
Cannot support D10.1 .10.0/SM4.0

Either way, that is one F'ning recocklious card!!

So, I've never built a computer before but from what I've read/seen it doesn't look too difficult so long as you read everything first. With this in mind and the advice given in the OP, I've compiled a build that I plan to purchase within the next couple weeks or so. Figured I'd post it here so that the collective wisdom that is GAF could tell me if I screwed up somewhere.

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 $49.99
Mobo: Foxconn P45A-S LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard $119.99
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz $189.99
GPU: BFG GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 $179.99
PSU: Rosewill 600w $64.99
RAM: OCZ Reaper DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) $127.99
DVD:SAMSUNG Black 8X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW $45.99
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM $59.99

All of this combined with assorted keyboard, wifi card, and monitor adds up to a grand total of $1,109.89

Cheeto

Danj said:
Since we're on the subject of input devices, what's the best keyboard that meets these requirements:

* Is available in a UK layout
* Has the home block in the standard 3-column format
2467syu.png

not the compressed 2-column one
14xdzip.png

* Has media buttons (I use play/pause and the volume controls a lot)
* Doesn't have a curved key layout

I currently have a fairly generic Logitech "Corded Internet Keyboard", but it's PS/2 and it's also pretty grotty by now, so I'm thinking of replacing it.
I pratically make love to this thing thats how much I love it.
1.jpg

It's expensive, and huge...but it's great to type on...the keys feel great and it has every control you could possibly want.

godhandiscen

VictimOfGrief said:
Hardspell.com link

Either way, that is one F'ning recocklious card!!
Great, so the fucking day I get my 4870x2, its outdated already..... jk

Anyway, so I am thinking about picking up a new monitor to have 2 wide screens in front of me instead of one wide screen and my HDTV away from me. Currently I have an Acer 22 inches, and I was thinking about picking up the same monitor for image parity sake, however, Costco has a great deal on a Samsung monitor that totally destroys my original monitor's specs, and the best part is that it costs the same. Should I got for the better Samsung monitor, or buy another regular Acer monitor and just have 2 monitors with the same dim image quality instead of one really bright while the other one is dim?

BTW this was my setup as of a month ago.

100_0975.jpg

I am thinking about cleaning the black stand and putting my second monitor there until I get an L shaped desk.

SpinningFrog said:
So, I've never built a computer before but from what I've read/seen it doesn't look too difficult so long as you read everything first. With this in mind and the advice given in the OP, I've compiled a build that I plan to purchase within the next couple weeks or so. Figured I'd post it here so that the collective wisdom that is GAF could tell me if I screwed up somewhere.

GPU: BFG GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 $179.99
PSU: Rosewill 600w $64.99
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM $59.99

All of this combined with assorted keyboard, wifi card, and monitor adds up to a grand total of $1,109.89

I'd definitely recommend to change the GPU to either a HD4870 (~250 Dollars after mail-in rebate) or a HD4850 (~140 Dollars after mail-in rebate).
Personally I'd definitely take the HD4870, today the GPU tends to be the limiting part of your computer in games.
Oh, and I'd definitely get another hard drive. Too small and too expensive.

gray_fox224

godhandiscen said:

microsoft-sidewinder.jpg

I just ordered it on amazon. Can't wait.

border

Aside from Mwave, are there any other parts shops online that will assemble & test a system for you? I'd love to have something built for myself, but the normal places like Ibuypower/Cyberpower don't carry the motherboard I'd need to be EFIX-compliant. I'd like to go with the most known and reputable site available....it's a shame that NewEgg doesn't offer such a service.

If I purchase all the parts separately, is there any chance I'd get a better deal locally on assembly & testing? MWave's $80 fee seems pretty reasonable as-is.

border said:
Aside from Mwave, are there any other parts shops online that will assemble & test a system for you? I'd love to have something built for myself, but the normal places like Ibuypower/Cyberpower don't carry the motherboard I'd need to be EFIX-compliant. I'd like to go with the most known and reputable site available....it's a shame that NewEgg doesn't offer such a service.

If I purchase all the parts separately, is there any chance I'd get a better deal locally on assembly & testing? MWave's $80 fee seems pretty reasonable as-is.

Not trying to be rude but are you physically disabled in any way? Just as long as you're physically capable, anyone is capable of putting a PC together, it just requires a a bit of research, a spare afternoon and a bit of patience. If you can manage with Lego, then you'll be fine.

border

brain_stew said:
Not trying to be rude but are you physically disabled in any way? Just as long as you're physically capable, anyone is capable of putting a PC together, it just requires a a bit of research, a spare afternoon and a bit of patience. If you can manage with Lego, then you'll be fine.
I'd rather have someone that knows what they are doing do it? I can swap out expansion cards and RAM sticks, but anything more than that (cables & wiring) is beyond me.

I've often considered building my own system but then I start reading the general instructions and it's fairly overwhelming. "Step 1: Set the jumpers on the motherboard"....uhhhhhhhh...

My time is not all that valuable, but $80 to save confusion and frustration is pretty well worth it.

border said:
I'd rather have someone that knows what they are doing do it? I can swap out expansion cards and RAM sticks, but anything more than that (cables & wiring) is beyond me.

I've often considered building my own system but then I start reading the general instructions and it's fairly overwhelming. "Step 1: Set the jumpers on the motherboard"....uhhhhhhhh...

My time is not all that valuable, but $80 to save confusion and frustration is pretty well worth it.

You don't need to set any jumpers on the motherboard nowadays, its very straightforward and you're even given a decent instruction manual with your motherboard. Before my first build a few months ago, I'd only done small upgrades like RAM and video cards, the step up is tiny. Like I say its like using Lego, everything can only fit in one place, it'd be quite difficult to damage something, especially if you read up well beforehand.

DarthWoo said:
Does anyone have any notable experience with SATA optical drives?

Mine installed just fine, there doesn't seem to be any issues with them nowadays. I'd always go SATA purely for the clutter, and future compatibility reasons.

SRG01

border said:

Graaaaaah, there are no jumper settings in this day and age!

Seriously, it's like plugging cables into the back of your computer. There is absolutely no way you can mess it up unless you're forcing a part.

border

Maybe I'd build a computer if it wasn't mine or it was just some scrap parts to learn with, but I'm not really interested in gambling on $900 in parts that I purchased myself. I can look inside my PC right now and know that if I pulled a couple wires or cables today I'd have no idea what to do with them tomorrow. Maybe there's not that much danger of frying anything, but the trial-and-error assembly experience does not really appeal to me, especially when it is so easily sidestepped.

yacobod

Banned
im going to be building my 1st computer sometime in nov/dec

i'd kind of like to do it already as prices are pretty cheap, but i want to wait a bit

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DarthWoo said:
Does anyone have any notable experience with SATA optical drives?

No jumpers, smaller cables, what's not to like?

I've got two, both work flawlessly, plus you kind of need one since most mobo's only have 1 IDE port now.

lachesis

border said:
Maybe I'd build a computer if it wasn't mine or it was just some scrap parts to learn with, but I'm not really interested in gambling on $900 in parts that I purchased myself. I can look inside my PC right now and know that if I pulled a couple wires or cables today I'd have no idea what to do with them tomorrow. Maybe there's not that much danger of frying anything, but the trial-and-error assembly experience does not really appeal to me, especially when it is so easily sidestepped.

Well, border - as far as I can tell from nearly 10 years of Gafing, I second that there's no way you can mess up. I felt the same way regarding building until the last moment. Even after I got my parts, I had my doubts - but once I started, it was way easier than I thought. Not much of Trial-Error. Just follow the instructions in the booklet, and make the right choices... and (and even set everything on auto, if you are not sure) you should be good to go. You can always fine-tune later on. Only Trial-Error that I can tell for building a PC is when it comes to OC'ing.

Then again, Mwave's 80 dollar build up option is quite good - but even better is testing for the MB/CPU/RAM. It's a time saver. I kinda enjoy the building part, though - and get satisfied when things all come together and start working. (Problem is I lose interest after all's set and good to go! LOL) - so in that department, I'm rather different from your position, but I understand your position as well.

But if you are able to build one computer - then the power of "I can pick and choose all the parts and upgrade as needed" rather than relying on ready-made computer... is quite rewarding, I think.

Frankfurter said:
I'd definitely recommend to change the GPU to either a HD4870 (~250 Dollars after mail-in rebate) or a HD4850 (~140 Dollars after mail-in rebate).
Personally I'd definitely take the HD4870, today the GPU tends to be the limiting part of your computer in games.
Oh, and I'd definitely get another hard drive. Too small and too expensive.

Alrighty, after looking at your advice and the options available I went and changed the gpu to the HD4870 and then got a 500GB 7200rpm seagate hdd, I also changed a few things to get the price down a bit more.

GPU:
Was BFG GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 $179.99
Is now: VisionTek 900244 Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 $279.99
PSU:
Was Rosewill 600w $64.99
Is now: LOGISYS Computer 575w $29.99
HDD:
Was:Seagate Barracuda 250GB 7200 RPM $59.99
Is now: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200 RPM $74.99

Old total: $1,109.89
New total: $1,189.89
Not to mention assorted mail-in rebates.

lachesis

SpinningFrog said:
Alrighty, after looking at your advice and the options available I went and changed the gpu to the HD4870 and then got a 500GB 7200rpm seagate hdd, I also changed a few things to get the price down a bit more.

GPU:
PSU:
Was Rosewill 600w $64.99
HDD:

You could save a few chunks of money on memory too. Your CPU's FSB is 333 - and unless you are going to push over 500mhz... I'd say stick with lower latency DDR2-800s - which seems to be your MB's native support speed anyhow. Just a thought.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SpinningFrog said:

GPU:
PSU:
Was Rosewill 600w $64.99
HDD:

PSU is a no no, get a Corsair or the 500w Rosewill RP-2.

Also get 4GB of G.Skill DDR2 for $85 instead

No reason to get a 8500 over a 8400 now either.

lachesis said:
You could save a few chunks of money on memory too. Your CPU's FSB is 333 - and unless you are going to push over 500mhz... I'd say stick with lower latency DDR2-800s - which seems to be your MB's native support speed anyhow. Just a thought.

Sounds good

Hazaro said:
PSU is a no no, get a Corsair or the 500w Rosewill RP-2.

Also get 4GB of G.Skill DDR2 for $85 instead

No reason to get a 8500 over a 8400 now either.

Which one of these is better? I see a marginal difference between the two, however one is $20 less that the other.

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

or

Also I went and changed the PSU to Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W but I'm wondering if I should have one that has slightly more wattage? The GPU says that it requires at least 500w.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SpinningFrog said:
Sounds good

Which one of these is better? I see a marginal difference between the two, however one is $20 less that the other.

or

Also I went and changed the PSU to Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W but I'm wondering if I should have one that has slightly more wattage? The GPU says that it requires at least 500w.

Dear god, $67 now :lol
Get the ones with the non-retarded cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

As for the PSU, most Rosewill's are not good power supplies, hence the general aversion, but this make is ok. They are not much reviewed at all by anyone reputable so...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182016

The downside is $10 shipping and only 2 SATA power connectors. (You can get molex to SATA converter, mobo sometimes comes with it)

If you want, this corsair is better and only has 3A less on the 12V.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

Also, are you going to change from 8500 to 8400?

godhandiscen

Just installed my 4870x2 and my new SyncMaster T220. Dual monitors and a badass videocard. I am in heaven. Supreme Commander @ 60fps constant in 2 screens is absolute heaven.

edit: I think I am getting 60fps in Crysis Very High at times since I can feel the fps capped because of the vsync.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
godhandiscen said:
Just installed my 4870x2 and my new SyncMaster T220. Dual monitors and a badass videocard. I am in heaven. Supreme Commander @ 60fps constant in 2 screens is absolute heaven.

edit: I think I am getting 60fps in Crysis Very High at times since I can feel the fps capped because of the vsync.

Wow what processor do you have to run SupCom like that?

Also probably 30fps since Crysis feels so buttery smooth ;)

Hunter D

gray_fox224 said:
I just ordered it on amazon. Can't wait.
I just got mine, nice surprise after a long day, and it just butter. Anyone looking to get a mouse should get a sidewinder. It just feels right.

lachesis

SpinningFrog said:
Sounds good

or

As per memory, I 2nd that 1st one w/o that fan - although 2nd one has tighter latency - but I highly doubt you'd really feel anything. Unless you are going for some high 3d mark testing - 1st one should suffice for most cases. Also it takes less voltage, which means it will run cooler. 60 some dollars are quite good. really. :)

As per power supply - I'd say spend some extra for the good power supply unit, with some head room. I know you can get cheap ones - but having reliable power supply will give you piece of mind, and like monitors, when you build your new computers, you don't have to look for a new psu if you already have a good one. :) CPUs, RAMs, MBs.. they are all more replaceable - but a good PSU would last longer than them, so I'd say to go for it.

If I were you, I'd probably settle down with lower clock CPU with high-oc ability, and spend the extra on MB and nice CPU cooler itself - but that's really your choice. :)

You have a great GPU and also quite good CPU... but if you are mindful of budgets - I don't know. 4850 sounds a super good card to me. :D (I own G92 8800 GTS that you've mentioned, and asides Crysis - I haven't really felt much need for more power - but then again, I'm not much of pc gamer.)

godhandiscen

Hazaro said:
Wow what processor do you have to run SupCom like that?

Also probably 30fps since Crysis feels so buttery smooth ;)
I have 8GB of Ram and a Phenom 9850 OC'd to 2.8GHz per core.

Hazaro said:
Also, are you going to change from 8500 to 8400?

Yeah, 8400 it is, they looked almost identical so I'm going to go with the cheaper one, only difference I saw was one was 3.0GHz and the other was 3.16GHz

lachesis said:
You have a great GPU and also quite good CPU... but if you are mindful of budgets - I don't know. 4850 sounds a super good card to me. :D (I own G92 8800 GTS that you've mentioned, and asides Crysis - I haven't really felt much need for more power - but then again, I'm not much of pc gamer.)

Is there a major difference between the two? The only difference I can see is that one has DDR5 memory with 750MHz core clock and the other has DDR3 with 625MHz core clock.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SpinningFrog said:
Yeah, 8400 it is, they looked almost identical so I'm going to go with the cheaper one, only difference I saw was one was 3.0GHz and the other was 3.16GHz

Is there a major difference between the two? The only difference I can see is that one has DDR5 memory with 750MHz core clock and the other has DDR3 with 625MHz core clock.

Quite a bit of difference :lol

If you don't plan on playing anything super intense the 8800GT/9800GT for $100 AR is still an amazing value.

I'm holding onto mine until next round of good cards come out.

gray_fox224

Is it okay to leave the side door off on your tower for air flow? I have two fans atm, but I don't feel confident about their performance.

Manp

gray_fox224 said:
Is it okay to leave the side door off on your tower for air flow? I have two fans atm, but I don't feel confident about their performance.

it would be better to build a decent airflow inside the case and keep the side closed

:)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
x3n05 said:
rod, check out the Logitech MX5500 kb/m package, I use it at about 10M from my PC when playing on the kuro and it is rock solid.

Logitech%20Cordless%20Desktop%20MX%205500a.jpg

Ah.. the MX revolution.

I don't think I can live without 3 buttons on my thumb again :lol (5 technically I disabled 2)

Solid for 12 feet away, the only downside is you have to perfectly align it up to charge after about 9 months. I should probably ask for a replacement base and Logitech will oblige me :D

zoku88

Hazaro said:
Ah.. the MX revolution.

I don't think I can live without 3 buttons on my thumb again :lol (5 technically I disabled 2)

Solid for 12 feet away, the only downside is you have to perfectly align it up to charge after about 9 months. I should probably ask for a replacement base and Logitech will oblige me :D
I've JUST noticed this. I didn't really know what it wasn't charging before :lol :lol

EDIT: did they make a bluetooth version of the mouse?

Top Bottom