• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 Call of Duty 4 - A Gamebattles clan for Gaf and Friends of Gaf

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I've brought this up many times in the CoD4 official topic. However it might make more sense to be visible in the online matchup forum.

We are currently 8 members strong but want 16. If we have 2 teams put together even better. We will primarily be a search and destroy clan, but that doesn't limit us from competing and playing in other game types.

Visit our website at www.clanthree.com. We are only gaf members and close friends of gaf members.

Here is the faq off the main page. It might answer your questions. Otherwise, post here.

Question 1: What games do you play?
Currently just CoD4 for Xbox360

Question 2: Are you recruiting?
Yes we are currently recruiting. We will however cap competition positions to 14. That doesn't mean we are closing the clan at 14. But there will only be 14 main competition positions. (hence your friends are more than welcome to join with you if they are gaf members or close friends. However they may or may not be on the competing roster)

Question 3: Are there tryouts?
Yes there is a tryout. It is somewhat traditional. You will join a group of us and play with us for about an hour (if you're wanting to be in a competing slot) I will die first and watch your playstyle. You will be judged on the basis if you stick to the teams plan or not. NOT necessarily how well you perform kill / death wise.

If you are not going for a competing slot just message me and talk for a few, and you're welcome to join if you're a gaffer. If you're from gaf, you're one of us :D

Question 4: Are you competing in any leagues?
We plan to begin on gamebattles March 18th. We need to have at least 10 competing members and we are currently 2 short of that number as of right now.

Question 5: Why is your clan name 3?

Moreso you should be asking yourself WHY are other clans NOT named clan 3. (fun list of random facts about the number 3 on the front page of the website.)

Contact me by:

1: The clan website
2: A pm here
3: Gamertag: Jason Smapity (there is a space in the gamertag)
4: AIM: jason1nk

vumpler

We had our first gamebattles ranked game tonight. We won 2-1.

We still need about 6 more gaffers. Send me a message :)

oneHeero

PS3>360

I would have joined if you were on the Ps3. My clan is 67-10 or so. We stop gbing as of recently, last season we made the finals but lost(I didnt play since I was out of town).

I'm in Next Level on the Ps3, would love to have played with Gaf on gb.com. GL

vumpler

I'm glad you like the PS3 setup. I personally can't stand the controls for the PS3. Their practically the same but the controller just sucks to me after holding the 360 controller. It just fits so much more fluently.

My friend swears by the PS3 version as well. I try to go to his place to 1on1 him every now and then. and just can't stand the controller anymore.

At least we know you would be interested :lol !

vumpler

They actually have it set to only 12 hours for CoD4. I'm not sure if its all games or just this one.

Anyway it showed us a lot of good things as to what our problems were. Next time I see you on we'll talk about it.

Also, ando how are Wednesdays for you? We're trying to find one guaranteed night we can all be on for practice and a few matches. Then the rest of the week will just be pickup matches when everyone is on.

ckeur

Andokuky said:
No ability to mute = :lol

Sorry I wasn't around any Sunday, I don't think I was eligible on GB at the time anyway, 24 hour time limit and all.

Hooray for PS3 patch, muting now available!

vumpler

Needing about 4 more dedicated members and then we're locking the clan rosters.

vumpler

Recruiting closed until further notice. Use the site forums for additional contact information.

Top Bottom