• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Call of Duty 4 PC Multiplayer Thread

Icy

Banned
1752023261_27853ea90e_o.jpg

Ventrilo Server: VA1.LeetVent.com:3974

Post away and Have fun. :D

chapel

Banned
I don't mind you taking the PC part, but I will keep your servers any any others up to date on the main mp thread I created. I will also link to this one.

SleazyC

I need some impressions! I played the 360 beta and loved the multiplayer but I can't abandon my good ol' keyboard and mouse! How is the online play for the PC? I am pretty close to buying the game off Steam but just need one more little push.

Icy

Banned
SleazyC said:
I need some impressions! I played the 360 beta and loved the multiplayer but I can't abandon my good ol' keyboard and mouse! How is the online play for the PC? I am pretty close to buying the game off Steam but just need one more little push.

Steam won't be out until the 12th. Search and Destory with Hardcore is like Counter Strike on steroids with some crack and government ganja thrown in. Its fucking awesome.

I"ll take some pics and make some fraps tonight.

Icy

Banned
Actually if you get just at least 2 or so people on the server. It fills fast. I'm gonna go take a quick nap and should be back around 11pm est. :)

Im_Special

Add me on Steam and then just hit me up when you guys want play, although 11pm is to late for a early bird like me : (

EDIT: Duh Steam ID - Im_Specia1

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ice cream said:
So hows the reaction been to this COD on PC so far..?

I have the steam version preordered, so just waiting on tomorrow's release here. Same for warcock. I hear good things about the realism mode stuff though; that and the RPG mechanics secured my money.

ice cream

Banned
Thanks, but what I actually meant haha was like how has the community reacted etc?
The severs and such? People liking it, will it be competitive?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
ice cream said:
Thanks, but what I actually meant haha was like how has the community reacted etc?
The severs and such? People liking it, will it be competitive?

Uh-huh, just sayin', a fair amount of people are likely waiting for the steam release. I'd expect activity to pick up starting tomorrow and then this thread will hopefully be a little more active, along with more impressions of the PC version's multiplayer.

JoeFu

Banned
I want this, just to play with you guys. But I think TF2 and a bunch of other games have me hooked still.

When I get a new video card I will be playing this with you guys. Still not sure if I want the 8800gt or whatever ATi is releasing next week.

I might just get the steam version tomorrow though...

Icy

Banned
Everyone who is playing the PC version is having a blast. The only problem plagueing anyone is the dreaded cannot connect to server. Of which everyone o all 3 platforms is getting. Due to the ranked server setup, you have to connect to the master server first before you are connected to the gaming server. Xbox Live and PSN players also have the same setup. master server cannot handle all the requests. They thought they had it fixed on Friday and then saturday happen with nearly 20k PC players online alone... now I know quite a few people are waiting for steam release. NO box,etc and its just easier to manage and reinstall on a new pc or if you reformat. I mean shit I paid 50 bucks and tax for a flimsy cardboard box, a DVD and a couple page manual with no real instructions.. wtf. They should have just gone digital distro from the get go on this.

mint

Banned
Hey looks like the master server has been fixed cuz now whenever I join a server I don't even see the "Attempting to connect" message! I just go straight to the "Setting up game" :D

saelz8

mint said:
Hey looks like the master server has been fixed cuz now whenever I join a server I don't even see the "Attempting to connect" message! I just go straight to the "Setting up game" :D
Yep, same here.

The speed at which this game loads is fucking retarded fast. It takes literally only 9 seconds to go from my desktop to being on the server and choosing my loadout. No exaggeration.

Icy

Banned
Quellex said:
Yep, same here.

The speed at which this game loads is fucking retarded fast. It takes literally only 9 seconds to go from my desktop to being on the server and choosing my loadout. No exaggeration.

Crack will kill your PC if u keep giving it...

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
That was real fun guys, even with just the 4 of us (I was Wopjuice). Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but I'll try and show up for the next one.

Hardcore is definitely awesome. :D

Jaagen

Gah, it didn't work for me, as I got kicked by the PunkBuster all the time.

Icy: I got up the console(it's the button over TAB, whci looks different in euroland), and I managed to connect from it, but there where no response to the /pb_security 0 command.

Icy

Banned
Jaagen said:
Gah, it didn't work for me, as I got kicked by the PunkBuster all the time.

Icy: I got up the console(it's the button over TAB, whci looks different in euroland), and I managed to connect from it, but there where no response to the /pb_security 0 command.

hmm goto punkbuster.com and check out the support / forums See if there's anything about disconnects for no packet flow?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Um, is there still people playing on the server? Seeing the last reply is a month old and the Game-Monitor banner isn't working. I'd love to join if there's still any action, picked up the game 2 days ago.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I guess there's no server left, but if any gaffers want to get a game going just msg me on steam or something.

MutFox

Banned
I'm playing this game a TON on the PC,
but it seems that the PC version of the game gets no love here on GAF.
Been playing with saelz8 recently, you guys should join in on the fun.

Here's my X-fire

mutfox

Also, I only play on FF Hardcore servers that have no killcam.
Here's some servers that I've found that are really good.

208.146.44.229:28930 - Probably the server I play on most.
74.86.209.112:28960 - Really good S&D only server

Anyways, I hope to see more GAF people online,
This is probably the best military shooter on the PC right now. :p

Also, if you come play, join the GAF Ventrilo server

server: voice.gameservers.com
port: 4384
PW: believe

Top Bottom