• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Thread: Year End Awards and Mock draft!

Hey dudes, i'm working on the year end awards and will have them posted shortly.... in this thread!

In the meantime, here is a top 15 mock draft i did. There is a huge lack of offensive lineman in the top 15, but I just dont know who is going to take them with other talents on the board more valuable!

1. 49ers - Jack English (QB)
2. Patriots - Leron James (HB)
3. Dolphins - James Kelly (QB)
4. Lions - Juran Riley (CB)
5. Bengals - Mack Jackson (MLB)
6. Chiefs - Jamarion Bellows (WR)
7. Seahawks - Joey Keller (RB)
8. Browns - Josh Sneed (OLB)
9. Rams - Torrian Watts (OLB)
10. Jets - Tramell Brandon (WR)
11. Redskins - Dane Morrow (QB)
12. Seahawks - Patrick Boma (G)
13. 49ers - Will Barkley (SS)
14. Titans - Alonzi Simms (MLB)
15. Saints - Chris Grant (T)

And now.... the awards!

Best Passer – Luke: Yes, he has Peyton Manning, but slingers gonna sling!
Best Rusher – Airbrian: Wellllllllllllllll….. he does have the speediest rb in the league, but still!
Best Manual Defender – Fifty. Coldblooded is pretty good as well, but Fifty is the king.
Best Kicker – Rorscharch…. Motherfucking 59 yard FG’s and I get FG attempts returned on me from 45! Bullcrap!
Best defensive line play – Rors/Wellington…. Yes, a tie. A cop out. But both are extremely good, what can I say!

Kansas-City-Chiefs-082009L_0.jpg

Matt Cassell Award (Riding on someone else’s wings to success) – Nightz: not his fault… but you rode the cowboys into the playoffs!

jake-delhomme.jpg

Most Generous team – Panthers: Honestly the last thing I expected was 1-15 from the Panthers, and I never heard a peep or complaint! A bunch of close losses too…. Ouch

331694_f520.jpg

Least whining players – GCQuinton, Somnia, Bigjonsson, Striker. Time and again they took a beating, and never once threatened to quit, called bullshit, or had complaints despite a lot of close losses. And not that there weren’t other bad teams that didn’t complain, but those were the worst teams record wise! Kudos to you guys!

SherrieAdams-RexGrossman.jpg

Best Division – NFC North: Vikings and Packers made the playoffs and the Bears were in it late. Close call between this division and the NFC East!

Matt-Hasselbeck-740906.jpg

Worst Division in the league but on the rise!: NFC West: 8-8 wins the division…. but the NFC west has 5 picks in the top 15! Rising!

adrian-peterson-wearing-hat_nc.jpg

Ironing Board Award – Daw: Flats passes “All Day”!

blog_highfive.jpg

Butt Buddies award – FMT & MrBob: We did it!

david_stern.jpg

David Stern Award – Smokey: Loves turning this league into an NBA style fuck fest! While I feel like I won some battles with Smokey in regards to trades, he won the war and continues to win it!

fuck_da_eagles.jpg

“This Is It!” Award: Biggest disappointment – Eagles; I’m not math magician but let me add this up…. Great QB + Great RB + Good Receivers + Good Defense = Mediocre team? Looks like the karma police strike again for your ridiculous gimmicks. Dishonorable mention to the pats!

gusjohnson.jpg

Gus Johnson “Rise and Fire” Award: Best team coming up for next season - Texans; they already had a decent team, and now adding Randy Moss instantly gives them the best WR combo in the game.

29jets.xlarge2.jpg

Best offseason retirement – Brett Favre

large_jeff-garcia-cleveland-browns-01.jpg

Worst offseason retirement – Jeff Garcia

kurt-warner1.jpg

Worst offseason non-retirement – Kurt Warner

sadness1.jpg

Biggest has-been – FMT/DM; two once proud warriors, now resigned to struggling to make it to .500. One day we will return friend, one day….

Full-House-dvd-cover-full-house-1875967-333-455.jpg

“Gots to watch my shows!” awards – MrBob; a champion for 11-seasons running in our madden leagues. Congrats friend!

Eyeore-t.jpg

Eyeore Award – Wellington; much like mrbob, a champion can never be dethroned in some regards

wambulance_logo.jpg

“The computer fucked me out of a win! You got lucky! Fuck this game!” – Every player in the league!

Superbowl Prediction for next season: Dolphins Vs. Panthers…. Parity boyeeee!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
or is there a deal in the making to trade the #1? :D

Heh, unless someone has a superstar in trading, or a shitload of 1st round and 2 round picks....and isn't me, I don't know who would trade for #1 :p

welp, there would be only 3 people that WOULD know about such a trade....

me, gcquinton, and the 3rd party. everyone will see come sunday at 6 pm pst..... everyone will see!

Fifty

Rorschach said:
I have some insider info saying you are way wrong. At least we know who #1 is now, though!

Lonestar has already told me he wants a WR @ #2!

My guess is FMT's cooking up a 3 way trade where he gets Kyle Boller, Leonard Little, and someone else from the Rams and the Panthers owner serves up hot dogs at the press conference!

Lonestar

Already smell Draft tampering. Got 2 people in confidence already blabbing what I plan on picking in the draft. One of them a Commish. Great.

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
Already smell Draft tampering. Got 2 people in confidence already blabbing what I plan on picking in the draft. One of them a Commish. Great.
...I thought he was joking. And it's not like it matters. You've got #2. Who could possibly undercut you?

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
...I thought he was joking. And it's not like it matters. You've got #2. Who could possibly undercut you?

Yeah yeah, I know. But still, it's like Alfred going to the Media and telling everyone that Big Bird isn't real.

:lol

i was completely bullshitting you guys on that trade. you honestly think im going to give up a chance at English?

p.s. i haven't mentioned anything about anyone's picks that have been suggested to me. and i put that on the 49ers past and present!

Fifty

I can't wait till Leron James gets drafted! We've all followed his bizarro high school career, now we'll get to see his bizarro future unfold as an NFL running back.

Here is what it might look like if King James was actually Leron James.

wbqkc8.jpg

Fifty

Great job, FMT! And I'm not just saying that because I got the recognition I deserved.

Lots of :lol 's in there

Striker

:lol :lol Awesome job, fmt.

BUT!

Best Division – NFC North: Vikings and Packers made the playoffs and the Bears were in it late. Close call between this division and the NFC East!
The 5-11 Cleveland Browns were 2-2 vs. that division, with the loss to the Packers coming in OT! The AFC North will return in 2010!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
robbed by fifty again! I wish he played the cop out position (D-Line) and left me to my award!

And yes, I subliminally fired shots right there

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That Texans award depresses me :lol

I should have gotten the barely better than cpu award.

DMczaf

Best Manual Defender – Fifty. Coldblooded is pretty good as well, but Fifty is the king.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I fucking hate you.

Biggest has-been – FMT/DM; two once proud warriors, now resigned to struggling to make it to .500. One day we will return friend, one day….

I was 9-7 in a division with 3 .500 and above teams. You struggled with the Rams and Seahawks. Only hasbeen I see is the one cheering at the Foo Fighters concert.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
robbed by fifty again! I wish he played the cop out position (D-Line) and left me to my award!

And yes, I subliminally fired shots right there
If it makes you feel any better, you didn't even deserve a mention next to Fifty. The only reason I won vs the Eagles was because of Dawkins. Thanks!

DM is the best manual defender I've seen.

Btw- FMT: kicked a 62 yarder today and two 61 yarders yesterday. :3

Ramirez

I don't know how you guys cover so well with the lag factor, even if I know where someone is going I always overrun the play because of lag. :(

Ramirez said:
I don't know how you guys cover so well with the lag factor, even if I know where someone is going I always overrun the play because of lag. :(

i've never played in a game where there was so much lag it caused me to blow a play. there have been lag SPIKES a couple times where it messed up my timing, but usually the games are very smooth. or at least smooth enough to make a good play on the ball!

CB3

please. just because i happen to make mistakes against you in our game (during which i was impaired. ahem.) doesnt mean it happens in all of my games. Fifty is the best manual defender because he is constant. I like to think im more up and down. I take tons of risks every game as far as breaking off coverage and coming down into the box for extra run support every play. Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont.

Instead of taking shots i think we should compliment eachother, and laugh at the people who take the "Konex" position on defense!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Instead of taking shots i think we should compliment eachother, and laugh at the people who take the "Konex" position on defense!"

Totally agree with this. Saddest shit I have ever seen regarding video game football. He would basically pick the play or ask madden and then put the controller down.

DMczaf

You know who I laugh at?

FMT for having the highest rated LB in the game and he doesn't impact any games during the season. Why is that? Hey, I see this Ruud fella is all over though. He must be pretty good...

Seriously, I'm gonna run up the score on you. Dead serious

Rorschach

I played everywhere and I had a better defense than you, so it's cool. You can just go on and keep missing the playoffs with your elite team.

CB3

we all know i got Mr. Bob'ed out of the playoffs. Its ok. Me and my revamped D is going hard next season. i dont plan on missing anything!

and lets be honest here. the cowboys arent jumping out to that kinda lead like last season. more room for me!

Fifty

Ramirez said:

Must be your connection. I've haven't had an ounce of lag this year. Playing west coasters from Toronto without any trouble. Offline is a tiny bit smoother, but never any stutters online. When I didn't have the game installed, there would be noticeable post-play chugging as the dvd drive spun, but that was all I had to complain about.

Also, I'd give Rors an award for best defensive playcaller. He allowed the fewest points in the league, I believe. With the f'ing RAIDERS. Kicking with his juiced kicker isn't as impressive as people not being able to score on that roster.

Matrix

Well since everyone is up it seems, anyone want to beat me in a scrimmage?

Fifty said:
Must be your connection. I've haven't had an ounce of lag this year. Playing west coasters from Toronto without any trouble. Offline is a tiny bit smoother, but never any stutters online. When I didn't have the game installed, there would be noticeable post-play chugging as the dvd drive spun, but that was all I had to complain about.

Also, I'd give Rors an award for best defensive playcaller. He allowed the fewest points in the league, I believe. With the f'ing RAIDERS. Kicking with his juiced kicker isn't as impressive as people not being able to score on that roster.

raiders D is no joke (in real life or in the game!). the only difference is rors is a very good offensive player as well, whereas the real raiders are awful on offense.

you should send your resume in rors. but wach out for that cable right cross BRO!

Matrix

Rorschach said:
*cough* Want to play my shitty D?

haha yea sure, I'm using the Chiefs so you get to face shitty D too :D

CB3

I hate Corey Webster more than Nmandi. He kept coming out of no where swatting balls and making tackles in my second game with CK. Marshall would have a step on him and he would still catch up and break up the pass. Between that and mr automatic 6 yards Brandon Jacobs i didnt stand a chance

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
raiders D is no joke (in real life or in the game!). the only difference is rors is a very good offensive player as well, whereas the real raiders are awful on offense.

you should send your resume in rors. but wach out for that cable right cross BRO!
This was before the upgrades :( My roster online is so much better than franchise :(

And Cable was innocent! Sure, he's an idiot, but he's an innocent idiot!

Matrix

I hate the fucking chiefs....what was I thinking wanting to play a whole season with them :lol

Matrix

Rorschach said:
At least you get to face my shitty team twice!

Oh joy, this secondary makes Fat ass look like a God. I don't have the Texans O or Ryan Moats to beat you :p

I'll have to ask the glitch gods for another favor.

Seriously, worst secondary in the game.

Fifty

Matrix said:
I hate the fucking chiefs....what was I thinking wanting to play a whole season with them :lol

Did you hate them when you beat the Bills? Forget about what happens in non franchise games. Drafting can get you out of the mess that is the Chiefs roster!

LiveWire

You missed the award for "person who actually picked up Jason Campbell in free agency." :lol

Who the hell drafted him?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
I hate Corey Webster more than Nmandi. He kept coming out of no where swatting balls and making tackles in my second game with CK. Marshall would have a step on him and he would still catch up and break up the pass. Between that and mr automatic 6 yards Brandon Jacobs i didnt stand a chance
:D

He was downgraded this year despite having been lights out last season.

I'm going with a serious youth movement, I hope it does not affect my play.

By the way Stewart Bradley vowed revenge for being cut.

Lonestar

Ahh, and I was hoping I was going to be up for the Bog's Corn Flake award :(

Or at least An honorary award for The Destruction of the Patriot Franchise.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Ahh, and I was hoping I was going to be up for the Bog's Corn Flake award :(

Or at least An honorary award for The Destruction of the Patriot Franchise.
The Brett Favre award of:

brettfavrevikings.jpg

"I quit"
brett-favre.jpg

"I'm back"
brett-favre-092808.jpg

"I quit"

favre_vikes.jpg

"I'm back"

Goes to.....

Lonestar!

The man with no NFL allegiances now that Charmin' Soft Shaun Alexander is out of the league! Even though he quit on Madden 09 before the first season was over, he still got another chance. Almost proved the commish's wrong by not being able stay motivated to finish the season multiple times.... but he always came back!

Honorable Mention: Bluemax!
Happy!? :D

Top Bottom