• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Thread: Year End Awards and Mock draft!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i've never played in a game where there was so much lag it caused me to blow a play. there have been lag SPIKES a couple times where it messed up my timing, but usually the games are very smooth. or at least smooth enough to make a good play on the ball!

It's not really the stop, stutter, and freeze lag I'm talking about. Play a game offline and then play online, the level of control is mindblowing on my connection, the game does a good job of hiding it, but I don't get that feeling of precision online when I try to make plays.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
It's not really the stop, stutter, and freeze lag I'm talking about. Play a game offline and then play online, the level of control is mindblowing on my connection, the game does a good job of hiding it, but I don't get that feeling of precision online when I try to make plays.
Yeah, it's there and you feel it a lot if you play an offline game before it. You just have to get used to it. Especially the hit sticks.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Yeah, it's there and you feel it a lot if you play an offline game before it. You just have to get used to it. Especially the hit sticks.

Yea, and I think the fact that the game speed has been lowered this year has affected me more than anything, I'm pretty sure I play all of my offline games on normal speed. I've never had as much trouble tackling as this year online, I'm usually a very good tackler, but a lot of my KR problems have been from early hit sticks. :lol

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
You missed the award for "person who actually picked up Jason Campbell in free agency." :lol

Who the hell drafted him?

I did. I'm just imitating what the real life Seahawks are going to do. Besides in the Blue Raid offense he's gonna put up 3000 yards.

Also glad to see I inspired a new award!

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
1. 49ers - Jack English (QB)
2. Patriots - Leron James (HB)
3. Dolphins - James Kelly (QB)
4. Lions - Juran Riley (CB)
5. Bengals - Mack Jackson (MLB)
6. Chiefs - Jamarion Bellows (WR)
7. Seahawks - Joey Keller (RB)
8. Browns - Josh Sneed (OLB)
9. Rams - Torrian Watts (OLB)
10. Jets - Tramell Brandon (WR)
11. Redskins - Dane Morrow (QB)
12. Seahawks - Patrick Boma (G)
13. 49ers - Will Barkley (SS)
14. Titans - Alonzi Simms (MLB)
15. Saints - Chris Grant (T)

Love how he fell to #32 and ended up with the Denver Broncos. :D Didn't see that coming.

Striker

TheCrow said:
Love how he fell to #32 and ended up with the Denver Broncos. :D Didn't see that coming.
He got #8 correct, but #15 fell all the way to this hapless Browns team in the 2nd round!

first off i probably would have gotten at least 3 picks right if all the EA shenanigans didn't go down (because i would have picked that SS who was available there).

but more importantly, the center i got is pretty legit on the field. i can't say im 100% happy with the result, but its not like they picked a garbage player for me.

also the DE i got in the 2nd round is sweet. he has the speed rush and nice dip down move.... got a sack in my first game and a couple pressures w/ him

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
first off i probably would have gotten at least 3 picks right if all the EA shenanigans didn't go down (because i would have picked that SS who was available there).

but more importantly, the center i got is pretty legit on the field. i can't say im 100% happy with the result, but its not like they picked a garbage player for me.

also the DE i got in the 2nd round is sweet. he has the speed rush and nice dip down move.... got a sack in my first game and a couple pressures w/ him

Yeah, I was pretty happy at some of the players I picked up in the latter rounds. Picked up a DE who is rated better at DT. He has 70+ speed and 90+ strength. Also got a better DE in the 2nd who looks to be my starter and got a B potential QB in the 3rd round. :D

All in all it was a good draft.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheCrow said:
Yeah, I was pretty happy at some of the players I picked up in the latter rounds. Picked up a DE who is rated better at DT. He has 70+ speed and 90+ strength. Also got a better DE in the 2nd who looks to be my starter and got a B potential QB in the 3rd round. :D

All in all it was a good draft.

did you pick up the guy who you had me draft? i cut him

TheCrow

CB3 said:
did you pick up the guy who you had me draft? i cut him

Yeah, I picked him up. He ended up having B potential but doesn't have good ratings. It'll probably take a year or two for him to be good.

CB3

TheCrow said:
Yeah, I picked him up. He ended up having B potential but doesn't have good ratings. It'll probably take a year or two for him to be good.

How come you didnt take the Wims guy? he was like 5 points higher overall.

By the way whoever did pick Wims the WR (69 Rating i think). What ws his potential rating? I was debating to pick him or the TE and i went with the TE

Striker

I guess it's Rors who has Middlebrook, the bruiser RB.

I wanted him! :(

Though I settled for Myles Mack. Despite beign 221 lbs., he has more quickness and agility than power. Oh well, if Jerome Harrison struggles early, I know what to do!

Fifty

The top RB was drafted 23rd. But continue to talk about all of your runners up in the rookie of the year award!

CB3

We should probably do awards like that this year. Rookie of the Year. MVP. Comeback player. stuff like that.

Unless we did that this past year and i missed it

i was going to do them but i fucked up by waiting until after the season. too much of a pain in the ass to sort through all the excel stuff :/

i will do them once the regular season ends this year (the MVP, ROY, etc)

TheCrow

CB3 said:
How come you didnt take the Wims guy? he was like 5 points higher overall.

By the way whoever did pick Wims the WR (69 Rating i think). What ws his potential rating? I was debating to pick him or the TE and i went with the TE

I think there was another receiver who I wanted but then I didn't choose him because of his injury rating I think and I just saw Stevens right next to him and chose him. I didn't really plan out my draft as much as I should have and was panicking as my picks were coming up. :lol

Rorschach

adrian-peterson.jpg

MVP: Adrian Peterson (Vikings)

barrett-ruud1.jpg

Defensive MVP: Barrett Ruud (Buccaneers)

peyton-manning.jpg

Best QB: Peyton Manning (Colts)
[Runner up: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)]

chris-johnson.jpg

Best RB: Chris Johnson (Titans)
[Runner up: Willie Parker (Steelers)]

larry-fitzgerald.jpg

Best WR: Fitzgerald (Cardinals)
[Runenr up: Roddy White (Falcons)]

sp-falcons_raide_0499396456.jpg

Best DL: Trevor Scott (Raiders)
[Runner up: Will Smith (Saints)]

C4S_sheltonjump1205_48437c.jpeg

Best LB: Barrett Ruud (Buccaneers)
[ Runner up: Karlos Dansby (Cardinals)]

15hgc53.jpg

Best DB: Dawan Landry (Ravens)
[Runner up: Terrence Newman (Cowboys)]

nfl_wells_beanie_260.jpg

Rookie of the Year: Beanie Wells

0828rey.jpg

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Rey Maualuga

CB3

Rors told me to post this

86dca51e755cc38f0b80ea3487a6c78f-getty-88972056jm007_new_york_gian.jpg

Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Maclin (Eagles)
[Runner Up: LeSean McCoy (Eagles)]

Striker

Robiskie had about 750 yards and 3 TD's. Doubt he had as many TD's as DHB, Crabtree, and Maclin, but I liked his progression.

Hope to hit high marks with him this season.

I think Nicks and Harvin did real well, too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Rors told me to post this

86dca51e755cc38f0b80ea3487a6c78f-getty-88972056jm007_new_york_gian.jpg

Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Maclin (Eagles)
[Runner Up: LeSean McCoy (Eagles)]
:lol I was waiting for you to say something about that play. Earlier in the game he deflected one in the opposite endzone. :(

First TD allowed by Web all year. :(

Top Bottom