• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Live 10 Online League Season 1 (Viva La Live!! Viva La Revolucion!!)

2zf5ogl.png

League Participants

Pheenixs - Heat
Shawn - Lakers
Smokey - Rockets
CB3 - Nuggets
Ecnal - Spurs
Jube - Celtics
RS4 - Raptors
Cerrius - Heat
Matrix - Bulls
Nightz - Suns
Baby Milo - Blazers
DiddyBop - Clippers
Truelize - Cavs
The Stealth Fox - Magic

League Setup

Total Games: TBD, everyone will play each other twice before the playoffs
Difficulty: Hall of Fame (w/ tweaked custom league sliders)
Length: TBD
Minutes per Qtr: 9 Mins
Playoffs: Best of 7 each round
Injuries: ON
Fatigue: On
Trades: TBD, leaning toward "No" for Season 1

Commissioners: Shawnwhann and CB3

Team Selection

No team is safe, all scenarios with several guys claiming the same team will have to settled via a 3 game series.

Start Date: October 23rd (Launches around the same time at the title patch does fixing fatigue and substitution bugs)

Rules

-Manual defense is highly encouraged

-Double teams are allowed, auto doubles are allowed in the last two mins of the fourth quarter

-No pick and roll nonsense for instant dunks

-No stealing inbound passes

-No humping point guards up the court on defense

- Though there's no official PIP stat at the end of games, please limit your points in the paint to no more than 50 points. Though paint points are hard to come by vs. 2K10, please be sensible about this.

Conduct Policy

While I'm hoping that the leagues runs smoothly without issues, I still want to have a transparent policy in place when it comes to complaints about other players. I've been in leagues ran by commissioners that didn't exactly handle honest conflicts in the fairest fashion, so I don't want to make that same mistake here.

We're using a 3 strikes and you're out policy.

To initiate a formal complaint, either PM myself or CB3 and we'll hear both sides of the conflict from you and the alleged offender. From there, we'll determine if a scenario warrants a strike and both sides will have a detailed explanation of our ruling.

In an extreme case of cheese, like 45 of 60 shots were 3 pointers, we have the right to assess two or three strikes.

Let's have a good year where this section doesn't even need to be referenced, ever!!

Contact Information:

GAF Name: Shawnwhann
Gamertag: Professa Skillz
AIM: Professaskillset
Team: Lakers

GAF: The Stealth Fox
Gamertag: AJQ1987
AIM: ahmedjq
Team: Magic

GAF Name: Nightz
Gamertag: N1ghtz
Team: Suns

GAF name: RS4-
GT: Pinbacker

GAF name: Cerrius
Gamertag: Cerrius
AIM: Cerrius
Team: Heat?

GAF name: matrix
Gamertag: matrixadw
AIM: adoubledg
Team: Bulls

GAF name: Baby Milo
Gamertag:GentlemanThief
AIM:Jcarey17
Team: Blazers

GAF Name: Truelize
Gamertag: Truelize
AIM: Truelize
Team: Cavs

GAF Name: ecnal
Gamertag: slashdc5
AIM: lanceleahy
Team: Spurs

GAF: Smokey
Gamertag = dboythagr8
AIM = dboythagr8
Team: Rockets

GAF Name: ph33nix
Gamertag: pheeniks
Team: TBD

GAF Name: Jube3
Gamertag: ayo jube
AIM: twodaystilsunday (rarely ever on). I check my gaf pms regularly though.
Team: Cetlics

Next Steps - Roll Call/User Information

Confirm your status by posting the following information using myself as an example:

GAF Name: Shawnwhann
Gamertag: Professa Skillz
AIM: Professaskillset
"I understand the rules and conditions of joining the revolucion, and I'll be an upstanding member of this inaugural league"
<<Just kidding about the last part, but it'd be great if you reposted it! :p

Once everyone checks in, I'll make playoff-style tournament brackets to keep us busy until the official league starts in a couple of weeks. This will allow everyone to get a feel for the game vs. live competition and have an opportunity to chime in on various issues.

Let's get it crackin! :)

The Stealth Fox said:
Can I get the Magic?

GAF: The Stealth Fox
Gamertag: AJQ1987

Sure thing! You roll on AIM? If so please edit your post to include it. I'm going to make an additional section in the main post with everyone's contact info.

Nightz

GAF Name: Nightz
Gamertag: N1ghtz

I do have AIM, but can't remember my username right now. :p

Still waiting for my Gamefly copy to arrive. They shipped on Monday and it still isn't here, when usually I get it within one or two days. :(

Cerrius is banned until Oct. 26th but he just confirmed that he's in via Xbox Live.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Hmmmm if Smokey want's the Rockets real real bad, I'd be willing to take the Bulls instead of playing a series.

edit- Then again I noticed friggin CB has them listed right after the Lakers and we know he isn't beating you Shawn :lol

Shawnwhann said:
Cerrius is banned until Oct. 26th but he just confirmed that he's in via Xbox Live.

Yeah and what about ME???

oh and btw my backup team will be...

TBD

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:

Hmmmm if Smokey want's the Rockets real real bad, I'd be willing to take the Bulls instead of playing a series.

edit- Then again I noticed friggin CB has them listed right after the Lakers and we know he isn't beating you Shawn :lol

Accusing Shawn of cheesing already? Atleast play him first before implying he is gonna cheat his way to the top!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
Accusing Shawn of cheesing already? Atleast play him first before implying he is gonna cheat his way to the top!

:lol Nice reversal on that one.

If you lose to Shawn just take Denver or I will somehow destroy your franchise in Madden with the curse.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
its too late. Your in the AFC West. I probably wont play you at all sucka.

Bulls are mines!

Matrix

Guess I'll play you for the Bulls sucka!

Matrix

Whenever, but lets just make it one game. I suck at this game and don't need you getting a ego boost by possibly beating me two times in a row.

Also if I lose, I then have to turn around and play Smokey best out of three for the Rockets.

The only two other teams I would want to play with have been called. Blazers and Orlando.

I'm already stuck playing with a team that I don't really want in the 2k league....this kinda bites.

Matrix

Ok, you send the challenge and stuff... I haven't been online with NBA Live games before.

Also are you able to use the same team against each other? How do we do this :lol

Baby Milo

GAF name: Baby Milo
Gamertag:GentlemanThief
AIM:Jcarey17
"I understand the rules and conditions of joining the revolucion, and I'll make sure to post all embarrassing replays here":D

since it looks like no one else is claiming the blazers ill just roll with them

Matrix

Real GG CB, even though I lost. I need to work on shooting, I missed too many wide open 3's.

Damn this game is good, really like the feel of it compared to 2k shit this year.

Guess I'm playing Smokey best of 3 for the Rockets...as of now.

Matrix

Ok cool, thanks.

Game was real close, I should have used Captain Kirk some.

I still might play for the Rockets, depends on what Smokey says.

Matrix

CB I might take the Grizz instead of the Bulls so if I don't lose or I don't play for the Rockets, you could have the Bulls since you earned them.

Matrix said:
CB I might take the Grizz instead of the Bulls so if I don't lose or I don't play for the Rockets, you could have the Bulls since you earned them.

hey if you end up not taking the bulls I'd like to have them as my backup!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GAF Name: Truelize
Gamertag: Truelize
AIM: Truelize
"I understand the rules and conditions of joining the revolucion, and I'll be an upstanding member of this inaugural league"

I'm down for the Cavs and I think I'll make Utah my alternate.

Updated the OP to reflect a missing matchup and I've started to aggregate everyone's contact information there as well.

Matrix

ph33nix said:
hey if you end up not taking the bulls I'd like to have them as my backup!

K.

Though I'm also looking at the Pacers now as well :lol

Nightz

Man this is gonna take a while for me to get used to after playing 2K for the past few years. I predict that I will lose every game this season! :lol

Quick update guys, I've PM'd the remaining guys that have yet to check in, so I'll know by tonight who's in so I can figure out the schedules.

Smokey

GAF: Smokey
Gamertag = dboythagr8
AIM = dboythagr8
Team: Rockets

Matrix, look like we're gonna have to dance.

Forgot to mention that there WILL be a kick-ass prize for winner of the league. It'll be much cooler than a free Xbox or PS3 game, but it's a little too early to spill the beans right now.

More details on this in the coming weeks... ;-)

Jube3

GAF Name: Jube3
Gamertag: ayo jube
AIM: twodaystilsunday (rarely ever on). I check my gaf pms regularly though.
Team: Cetlics

Sorry for the delay shawn, been so caught up with forza forgot to check online section.

2m3sf43.png

I know that DiddyBop and Cerrius expressed league interest, and they're when it starts.

But DiddyBop hasn't checked in for roll call and Cerrius is banned from GAF right now, so I capped this tournament at 12 guys.

Difficulty: Superstar
9 Min Quarters
Injuries: ON
Fatigue set to "Off" makes fatigue work.
Determine home-court advantage for the potential Game 3 using this randomizer: http://www.random.org/lists/

Let's try and have Round 1 done by the end of this week.

GO GO GO!!! :D

As a quick note, there will be someone that gets a bye in the latter rounds due to the number of guys we have.

The person that gets the bye will be determined by how fast they get their games done.

Game summaries would be nice too! :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I picked this up yesterday at TRU. I am not interested in playing in the league, but if ever some of you want to play me for giggles, let me know.

NOG

RS4- said:
Damn you Knicks and your awful shooting :lol

GGs Shawn
LOL, the Jazz is a pretty solid team if anyone was interested in picking them up. From top to bottom, everyone in that starting line up has deep range on their jumpshots. Lots of cool homecourt bells and whistles when it comes to arena specific sounds too.

Matrix

Smokey what times are good for you to get your two wins? :p

Just letting you know I have to play a league Madden game at 11 pm est or later tonight.

Top Bottom