• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Online Franchise year end Awards: Goodbye old friend!

daw840

DCX said:
still bitter friend ;) First off, i ever used NOS, NEVER, i used 1-5-5, after the Rors and DM screen and toss fest i did indeed change my approach. I went from 1-5-5 almost exclusively to a wide variety of defenses.

DCX

:lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
It's like an SAT analogy. My Mack-less D is to your offense in any state
lvEyC.gif
Lovable hooligan Award - Lukems/Well

I have seen tons of people come through the league since 2004, and there have been plenty of dudes who pushed my buttons doing some of the samethings luke did (running up the score, the cockiness), but for some reason it seemed like all in good fun for our boy lukems. Its like those times where you walk in on your sister getting a london bridges from 2 stranger thugs and you're like "motherfuckers dude!". But then if you walk in on the same scene and it's a couple of your boys you're just like "oh you guys!!!"

lvEyC.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rorschach said:
In the thread... You just don't read enough!

You guy's didn't Bold and Italitize enough.

UNDERLINE WOULD HELP TOO.

I usually ran plays I was comfortable to run. I like slant routes, but I tried to move away from them. I liked the crossing routes on 3 and 4 wides, because if the opponent ran Cover 3, there could be an opening on the slot reciever as he ran to the sideline. And if he ran Cover 2, I could throw it to the outside WR as he came in, or waited to try and hit the slot WR as he'd eventually run past the CB (and before the safety could get over to the sideline).

I stopped running inside alot, because my interior Oline was pathetic. So yeah, I'd run some tosses. I felt I did ok with one of the broken HB's, but never to the point that Bjeorn or Joey Keller did. I don't know how those guys were used by people.

Closest thing I ran to a money play, I'd say, was out of the Pro style formation (2 HB, lined up side by side). The play put the HB into motion, and turns it into a wheel route. Sometimes that would be totally open as soon as the ball was snapped.

Defense, More often than not, Ran it out of the 46 defense. Added more 3-4 type play (especially the 2-4-5 formation in Nickel) towards the end of the league (added more LBs to my team). I guess me taking Barwin or Franklin off the line into coverage could be breaking the game (DE's back into coverage). But hey, I'm trying to stop people from passing all over me, which still would happen.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
:lol DCX didn't start that, though. It was a trend. :\

Fortunately, we found a way around NOS and once the information of that spread, it was kinda nullified. By then, the league was almost over, though. There are some things that are probably game breaking that I don't even want to know about and never want to see done either.
I think I might have to take credit for the NOS trend. :(

I pretty much used it along with the 3-4 to win my first superbowl. Eventually I stopped using it sometime in the third season because some of the league figured out how to find the open zones on the field and passed all over me, I'm looking at you Rors, Smokey, and LJ. I then used the 4-3 for the rest of the league and I still managed to make it back to the superbowl. Since I stopped using the NOS I did notice that some of the league ran the NOS or other formations that line up just like it, like the 4-4, 1-5-5, and some of the 46.

Top Bottom