• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 2009 PS3 Tournament I Thread: An F up for All Seasons.

Welp, EA has unsurprisingly dropped the ball again with online this year, thus delaying the madden online season 12 (for those that don't know, 99% of the time if you kick a tying or lead changing FG in the 4th quarter the game will disconnect both parties).

So, while we wait for EA to fix their shitty online system, lets play some tournament games! We will keep track of the matchups here on the boards. The rules are simple:

1. play straight up. no glitching (on purpose!), no playing bullshit cheeseball stuff. play simball (except for 1 difference, which i will explain in #2). if you have a question of what is sim and what isn't just ask.

2. you cannot kick a FG or XP in the 4th quarter that will give you the lead or tie the game, otherwise it will disconnect the game. i know this sucks but hey, what can we do??

3. sign up if you're interested! i'll randomly draw the matchups when we have a full slate of people. also, no duplicate teams. and no, you don't have to use "your" team. it's just a tournament! maybe i'll play with the cowboys or packers, who knows!

-------

1. fmt - 49ers

Rorschach

Rorschach - Patriots

You better add the review clause: if you challenge something, skip the review by hitting x before it comes up.

Raiders

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Titans,I'll let Mig or Dskillz have the Texans in tourney play since I have them for season one.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Well since we're all picking really good teams, I am in with the super bowl champ Giants.

:D

Awferchrissakes......

I'm in:

PH2006123100023.jpg

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I'm in.

Since DCX took my NFC team, I guess I will take the JETS.

EDIT: I had two games yesterday with 4th qtr FGs and they ended normally. Weird.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I'm close to giving up on the MADDEN...it's making me MADden. I'm still ok on the team...I think. It's too hard to just up and come up with a "team" if you hadn't cared about the NFL for years.

Seattle just has a problem with WR's and RB's. Julius Jones and Burleson are the leaders of the 2 squads now...oy. Depending on 2 young Auburn WR's...double OY.

Wallace Gilberry Future on the G-Men ;P

LiveWire

If anyone is around this afternoon I have the day off and can play some Madden. Guaranteed to finish a full game too, my PS3 is immune to any glitches it seems. *knocks on wood*

Fifty

Lonestar said:
. I'm still ok on the team...I think. It's too hard to just up and come up with a "team" if you hadn't cared about the NFL for years.

Wow..I never knew you felt that way about the NFL. This is shocking to hear. That's like finding out that Rors is really a Niners fan.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
If anyone is around this afternoon I have the day off and can play some Madden. Guaranteed to finish a full game too, my PS3 is immune to any glitches it seems. *knocks on wood*
Man I can't wait to give you an assbeating. I still owe you big time for last year's game where you were the 'phins.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
Man I can't wait to give you an assbeating. I still owe you big time for last year's game where you were the 'phins.

Pfft, if you think that was bad just imagine what the Skins will do to you. :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Pfft, if you think that was bad just imagine what the Skins will do to you. :D
The best part is that it's an all new playbook. So all the tricks you have grown used to me throwing out are all gone. ;)

Rorschach

Hrm...since everyone is taking different teams, I guess I will take the Partriots! ...no...VIKINGS OMG COME TO PAPPA AD!

...or maybe the Eagles..they have Byron Westbrook's brother!

I'll think about it.
Lonestar said:
Well, I'm close to giving up on the MADDEN...it's making me MADden. I'm still ok on the team...I think. It's too hard to just up and come up with a "team" if you hadn't cared about the NFL for years.

Seattle just has a problem with WR's and RB's. Julius Jones and Burleson are the leaders of the 2 squads now...oy. Depending on 2 young Auburn WR's...double OY.

Wallace Gilberry Future on the G-Men ;P
I'd kill for your WRs and QB. I have Droppy McDropsalot and Slowman Slo'niel.

Fifty said:
Wow..I never knew you felt that way about the NFL. This is shocking to hear. That's like finding out that Rors is really a Niners fan.
Don't even joke about that.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
The best part is that it's an all new playbook. So all the tricks you have grown used to me throwing out are all gone. ;)

Heh, without Shockey you got nahzing! I'll double cover Plexiglass and that'll be all she wrote!

well dudes we're going to try out an experiment. round robin tournament! yes, i put a max of 32 people, so we're just going to say fuck it, play one game against everyone in the league WHENEVER you want, and see how this tourney goes (im mostly doing it because i want to see the stat tracking and what happens on DC games so i can decide on whether we use LD for the league or not)

anyhow, i sent everyone a league invite unless you aren't on my PSN buddy list! in which case send me an invite (FrenchMov) and i will in turn send you a league invite!

Rorschach

I really don't like the idea, but I guess I'm still in. :\

comingsoon_onlineleagues.gif

LAME!

[edit] to be clear on what I don't like: it's way too long (especially for this rule set). If 32 teams join, we have to play 31 games and then playoffs? Ricockulous.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
They cannot deliver on ANYTHING. It's total bullshit, any other industry (well I guess not entertainment in general) and they'd be skewered.

unless you are dead set on having ranked games (which you cannot do in online leagues btw) then why not just play your games through the league? not a big deal, plus we can start playing immediately and the schedule adjusts as more people sign in!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG rors... my first time playing on line and the lag wasnt even there... now if i tied it, would I be able to go for XP or do i need to go for two

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
GG rors...my first time playing on line and the lag wasnt even there...
GG. Man, you always have my number. Your D was stifling even with the damn Saints. Why is Mckenzie a friggin' shutdown corner, btw? :lol EA is so dumb.

Dunno how to play the Pack yet, but I'll figure it out!

now if i tied it, would I be able to go for XP or do i need to go for two
If it was a tourney game, I think you'd have to go for 2...looks like EA is looking into the online thing finally, though. We may not need the retarded rules.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
unless you are dead set on having ranked games (which you cannot do in online leagues btw) then why not just play your games through the league? not a big deal, plus we can start playing immediately and the schedule adjusts as more people sign in!
Dunno...only 3 people signed up anyway. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
is challenges also something you cant do in the 4th???? me and GCQ played and after a challenge it reset our connection

Rorschach

GG FMT Game froze at the end so don't know if stats saved. Man, I was throwing like crap...sorry 'bout the pause, but I had to go to the john for 2 quarters. :lol Hard to concentrate. :p

DMczaf said:
I logged in.

Sweet, we can save our Depth Charts! EA WINS! SCHEDULE THE PARADE!
:lol When I went in the game with FMT, it made me reset them or we couldn't start. :lol

Malleymal said:
is challenges also something you cant do in the 4th???? me and GCQ played and after a challenge it reset our connection
I recommended skipping the replay. Do it real fast so it doesn't even show a screen of it. That's why I did that in our game, didn't mean to not let you see it, but it fucks with the connection.

Fifty

One way to help reduce the # of disconnections is to quit at the half. I've found that most disconnections happen in the second half and this means of circumventing the problem has proved to be very reliable.

Rorschach

:lol The way it keeps stats is so fucking lame. I cannot in good conscience vote for this over leaguedaddy. :lol

PS: 6 mins > 5 mins

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Rorschach said:
:lol The way it keeps stats is so fucking lame. I cannot in good conscience vote for this over leaguedaddy. :lol

PS: 6 mins > 5 mins

enlighten me.

Rorschach

CB3 said:
enlighten me.
First of all, no team stats (team rushing, passing, 3rd down %, RZ, etc) or box score or anything like that.

Second, you have to scroll through offense and sort stats yourself with square because everyone on offense is in the same page. You have to scroll through each individual category and sort to see the leaders. There are also no averages for rushing and all that so I guess they want you to do it themselves. Situational stats are out of the question.

It's bare minimum shit. I guess we could have someone sort out all the stats and come up with a good way to keep them, but it would be a daunting task that I wouldn't want anyone to waste their time on.

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
I recommended skipping the replay. Do it real fast so it doesn't even show a screen of it. That's why I did that in our game, didn't mean to not let you see it, but it fucks with the connection.

Wellie and I had a game with not one but two challenges and nothing happened upon viewing them. I've played 4 different people so far and not a single problem. Seems like EA can only write good netcode when given the benefit of extremely high user upload speeds.

Rorschach

LiveWire said:
Wellie and I had a game with not one but two challenges and nothing happened upon viewing them. I've played 4 different people so far and not a single problem. Seems like EA can only write good netcode when given the benefit of extremely high user upload speeds.
Yeah, but you never have problems with anything. You didn't have problems with FGs or OT either :\

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
Yeah, but you never have problems with anything. You didn't have problems with FGs or OT either :\

Well truth be told I've only played East Coasters. I've tried to set up a West Coast match but FMT keeps dodging me. He must be too busy building a viking-style funeral pyre for his Alex D. Smith gear...

yeah gg rors, i was kind of playing recklessly (although i throw picks anyhow). i couldn't stop your offense no matter what i did unless i got a pick! then the freaking boneheaded play on that 80 yard TD pass :lol

also 6 minutes is a lot better. gives both team time to run a decent offensive gameplan

Rorschach

It does keep stats if someone disconnects, but it doesn't keep your score.

No QB rating, so Rodgers is hero! Take that, Favre!

GG DM. Having an offense (esp an offensive line) feels awesome.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol Rediculous...

guess we roll with leaguedaddy.

its amazing. how can they not just use the online dynasty from ncaa and slightly modify it for madden. they got it right for the most part and went backwards.

Top Bottom