• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Mario Tennis GC site

Hans

http://nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gomj/index.html

Video: http://nintendo.co.jp/ngc/gomj/movie.html

ph_b05.jpg
ph_b08.jpg

ph_b01.jpg
ph_c11.jpg

Grubdog

Banned
The movie took ages to load, and when it finally did I couldn't even watch it...

Oh nevermind I refreshed the page and it loaded straight away. Looks incredibly fun, reminds me a lot of Mario Tennis 64 which is good. The powerups dont look as annoying as I previously thought they would have been. The bonus modes look fun too. :D

But i'll have to wait another 6 months to play it most likely, sucks to be PAL.

Shiggy

Grubdog said:
The movie took ages to load, and when it finally did I couldn't even watch it...

Oh nevermind I refreshed the page and it loaded straight away. Looks incredibly fun, reminds me a lot of Mario Tennis 64 which is good. The powerups dont look as annoying as I previously thought they would have been. The bonus modes look fun too. :D

I think we shouldn't expect it before 2006...after Mario Golf...

Kon Tiki

Banned
That is the worst movie I have seen.

It is greyed out and the words' now loading' are constant throughout the whole stream.

This game just looks so fast, which is what I love the most I think. But what's up with the zoomed in shots and special shots? Or is that just a replay? It just seems a little cheap in the editing.

Now that's more like it. Looks really excellent. Really love the way the little Koopa rolls up into a shell along the baseline. Nice touch.
Just over a month to go until multiplayer heaven. Yahoooo

Deku Tree

I loved that swf but I wish it showed some classic court action... I've already got MT pre-ordered. I hope it has unlockables more like SSB:M than Double Dash.

Rlan

Coen said:
I haven't seen Baby Mario yet.

Isn't that a good thing? I mean, bringing Baby Mario & Luigi into the current games through racers and golfing games is such a stupid idea in my opinion. Same with making the Koopa Kid singular.

Grubdog

Banned
Rlan said:
Isn't that a good thing? I mean, bringing Baby Mario & Luigi into the current games through racers and golfing games is such a stupid idea in my opinion. Same with making the Koopa Kid singular.
Baby Mario is the best Mario Tennis character ever though!

Yep he was a talented little baby. I started off with him but moved on to Luigi. He had a deft touch at the net that suited my game, probably one of the strongest all-round characters.

I'd imagine there will be plenty to unlock. There were loads of courts in the first one and we've only seen a handful here. Having Shyguy and Boo in there pretty much means we'll have the same crowd from last time, plus a few secret ones thrown in. I'd really like to see the return of the Koopa kids myself, they could easily be worked into the SP game as bosses of sort.

Memles

The SWF is really bringing the awesome...and it seems like the Peach Dome court can change its surfaces, because the same Judge's stand was across Grass, Clay and Composite.

Is the moving panels over water court new? Haven't seen it before, look insane.

Speevy

Banned
Would someone please save this file in another format and host it? I can't seem to run it for some reason. (probably my security setting, which I'm not tweaking on account of a video) Thanks.

Speevy

Banned
Okay, I saw it. I really can't wait until someone gets a direct feed Quicktime video of this game.

With the E3 demo, there was no sound.

With the European conference, it was taped off the screen.

Now here we have content and sound, but it looks like crap. Grrr.....

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
MrCheez said:
Yeah, he was a secret char in Mario Tennis for the N64. :)
Never unlocked him , just boo. I only rented it on 64 though. Never had the spare cash, and when I did I thought MT GC was closer so I just waited.

Grubdog said:

Don't be, import! It's well worth it for the broader selection of software and without the silly release dates. Not to mention being able to play the proper NTSC versions.

Memles

Hoping to have it here by the 11th or 12th...there's an EB 5 minutes down the road, but it's a long walk, and I decided to just get it shipped from Amazon.ca. We'll see when I manage to get my copy.

Top Bottom