• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Megaman X Command Mission Topic!

kiryogi

Banned
Sooo who got it today? I didn't but id love to hear what you domestic players think of it :D and willing to help as well XD

Mareg

I cancelled my preorder after seing the poor review from numerous sites.

Anyone want to convince me puting back my order of this game.

For my RPG, I like long and complex story with many surprises. Graphics, I don't mind. Gameplay doesn't need to be exellent. Oh, I absolutely despise kiddy stuff in my rpg. I want adult tone (not xxx tone mind you !).

I absolutely love X with is hair style and blade. I like megaman artistic flair.

thx

M3wThr33

Banned
I'm learning to accept certain things.
I got the Cube version (I have no PS2 or Xbox, go me!) and the manual is FULL of typos and errors.

Anyways. The pace WANTS to seem fast, but you can play slow if you want. It looks like they tried hard to make it different (LE instead of HP, subtanks instead of magic points to heal, etc.) but once you understand that, it seems to flow ok. The voice acting isn't bad, compared to previous Capcom titles. I'll probably beat it and love it. I like how you get 25% weapon energy back each turn and can use multiple special attacks in a single turn. I also like how you can see 8 turns ahead to plan who to attack, like in Gladius!

Uhm, I'm a whore for Megaman and I wasn't disappointed. There's a story as always about mavericks and crap. I think it's a bit important, but I'm having fun.

Plus it's only $40. And the PS2 version (Which you shouldn't get) has the X8 demo. The Cube one has support for the GBA in looking for TREASURE!

M3wThr33

Banned
I put a couple more hours into it tonight. I really like how your weapon energy regenerates every battle, that way you can try different things to see what works best.
I lost Zero, but got two others dudes, Spider and Massimo.

So far it kicks ass. Woooo! (Don't forget I think Dead To Rights is the #2 game of all time.)

Tritroid

I like how Zero sounds like a surfer dude from California, lol.

Loving it so far, although the non-battle areas seem kinda clunky.

kiryogi

Banned
Apparently the studio that dubbed DBZ/DBGT (not Ocean) dubbed Command Mission. Kudos to Capcom for actually trying a little.

:which explains why X sounds like Goku..:

edit: Canadian/European dub for Dragon Ball GT, the original Dragon Ball (Blue Waters)

Tabs

Started playing last night before jumping on to Monster Hunter. Now this is my kind of RPG. It's seems like everything is going real time lately, which pains me. I love the "turn order" bar, but I wish before you confirmed a choice (attack, action, etc.) it would show you the new results ala FFX. As it is now, when I use a special and then cancel, I don't know if it will buy me an extra turn or if I wasted a chance for a normal attack.

Tabs

I don't see it in the manual, is there any way to view/change your secondary attack for your hyper form? Can they be changed?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
While I have no interest in the PS2 version, I am wondering if the GC version runs in progressive scan.

kiryogi

Banned
dark10x said:
While I have no interest in the PS2 version, I am wondering if the GC version runs in progressive scan.

The japanese one did.. Didn't I confirm this before?

nnthomas said:
I'm already on chapter 5, is the game supposed to be this easy?

Basically, but the secret boss battles are a bit more fun.

belgurdo

Banned
nnthomas said:
I'm already on chapter 5, is the game supposed to be this easy?

Except for the bosses and endurance fights (thanks to the sub tank method of healing), the game isn't terribly challenging. A lot of the game is tied up in finding swag in the areas

Top Bottom