• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NC Double TREY 11 Online Dynasty Thread

Thought we needed a specific dynasty thread to gauge interest and get the show on the road. For anyone that doesn't know, you can grab named rosters through PSN from the PSN ID gamingtailgate. We can use these named rosters for the dynasty.

First and foremost, sign up if you are interested in joining and sticking around once Madden 11 drops. Post and include your PSN ID and the team you would like. Secondly, we need to decide on some settings to use for the league. I was thinking 6 minute quarters and All-American difficulty. We can decide on something as a group though. Another decision is scheduling/format. Do we want one big super conference with all of the human teams in it or do we want to keep it realistic? I think we should keep the conferences and teams intact, and just schedule some user/user games. We could set a certain number per year, maybe 3 or 4.

Beyond that we need to decide on some general rules and guidelines. I think most of it is simple enough. Don't play like a douche, don't run up the score, don't pad stats. But we need to set specific rules for things like 4th down, substitutions when leading by a certain amount, timelines for advancing the league, etc.

But first things first, sign up. Here is the list I made from the other thread:

1. Bumblebeetuna - FireMarshallBiII (two i's at the end) - Penn State
2. Gatorbait - ? - ?
3. Gatorbait's friend - ? - ?
4. johnny_park - ? - ?
5. bdouble - Superdave25 - ?
6. W1SSY - W1SSY - Indiana

Anyone I listed, please confirm you are still interested, your PSN ID and your desired team. Anyone not listed, feel free to sign up.

W1SSY

PSN ID - W1SSY (yes that is a number one)
Team - Hoosiers
All American seems good to me. I haven't had a chance to play yet so will see how fast the games go before I figure out what time feels good. I like keeping conferences intact because it seems more realistic.

In response to rules and guidelines I agree with not playing like a douche. If you are up big, run the ball and and keep time going to not run up the score.

This is my first year doing an online dynasty so I have no clue how long you should allow before advancing the week.

GatorBait

I'm taking the Gators for now. I may make that subject to change to pick a team that is in a conference that has more human controlled players. Is that cool? I also support the idea of trying to get as many human players into the same conferences as possible.

JCX

searching fail on my part. It seems I was right about "five other gaffers with ncaa 11" though :lol

psn: JCX9
Team: Michigan State

I like custom conferences for human players. My only problem is that you can't change conference bowl tie-ins.

NHale

I'm interested in signing up to this league if there is still people interested. PSN ID: NFFD

I would prefer that the conferences remained "real" and not forcing everybody in the same conference. In that cases, leagues often don't progress quickly because you depend of another person to play almost all your games. I would however by in favor of at least playing against 2 human opponents in a season.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am up for it. I want Texas.

PSN - dskillzhtown.

We should start soon before people lose interest, we can always add more people as we go.

JCX

I agree, we should start soon. I have a non-gaf friend who might be interested in joining in as well.

Ok I have created the dynasty and sent out invites to everyone in this thread who posted their PSN. GatorBait, I don't know your PSN.

I set it up with real conferences, 7 min quarters due to automatic clock runoff and AA difficulty.

I took Texas A&M. The sooner everyone else joins, the sooner I can customize the schedules and get it started. If anyone has any friends who want in just post their PSN.

The password is believe

Also, here's a general idea on rules we need to iron out:

1. 4th down rules
2. Mass subs rule (like.. once you're up by 30, 40 etc. are mass subs even an option online?)
3. More specific rules (don't roll around with your QB too much, don't nano blitz, etc)
4. Presnap movement. What are your opinions on this? Most leagues nowadays ban manual presnap movement altogether and I would be for that. You could still move guys with the adjustments (line shit left, show blitz, etc)

dskillzhtown

Bumblebeetuna said:
Ok I have created the dynasty and sent out invites to everyone in this thread who posted their PSN. GatorBait, I don't know your PSN.

I set it up with real conferences, 7 min quarters due to automatic clock runoff and AA difficulty.

I took Texas A&M. The sooner everyone else joins, the sooner I can customize the schedules and get it started. If anyone has any friends who want in just post their PSN.

The password is believe

Do you need e-mail addresses as well?

Nah I don't need an email address.

3 other guys have joined thus far. I'm going out of town until Sunday. Still waiting on a couple of you to join, we can start it up Sunday if you guys want.

NHale

Bumblebeetuna said:
Nah I don't need an email address.

3 other guys have joined thus far. I'm going out of town until Sunday. Still waiting on a couple of you to join, we can start it up Sunday if you guys want.

Sunday is fine by me.

Did it work? It kept giving me errors. I gave us each as many user games as I could, it's tough with only 5 teams. We all only have so many open weeks and they all are different according to conference schedule.

johnny, I don't have a problem with you switching, I can do it for you if you want, but unless Hawaii has a game scheduled by default against one of our teams, you'll be playing CPU all year.

JCX

I don't think it worked. I still have the default 2010 schedule (all cpu games). I'm only checking online though. Perhaps the website isn't updated yet?

Ok the season is underway. We should all have 3 or 4 user games. Shit was strange, sometimes guys would have 11 games scheduled and the same weeks open but I couldn't schedule the teams to play. Oh well.

I forgot to change my week 1 opponent from that lame ass FCS crap so I stomped them 79-0 in my first game. Ran for over 500 yards as I only threw one pass in the second half. Tried an option with my backup QB and he is now out for the season on one play :( Sucks, he's an 81 rated sophomore IIRC and I was really looking forward to getting him some experience in garbage time.

Got a 4 star DT to commit already though.

NHale

Bumblebeetuna said:
Did it work? It kept giving me errors. I gave us each as many user games as I could, it's tough with only 5 teams. We all only have so many open weeks and they all are different according to conference schedule.

johnny, I don't have a problem with you switching, I can do it for you if you want, but unless Hawaii has a game scheduled by default against one of our teams, you'll be playing CPU all year.

I think you forgot W1SSY (Indiana) and he ended up with 0 user games.

dskillzhtown when are you available to get your first win? :lol

EDIT: Only 5 home games all year? My recruits are going to seat in each others laps and they will enjoy it.

dskillzhtown

NHale said:
I think you forgot W1SSY (Indiana) and he ended up with 0 user games.

dskillzhtown when are you available to get your first win? :lol

EDIT: Only 5 home games all year? My recruits are going to seat in each others laps and they will enjoy it.

I can play tonight. I am in Central.

NHale

dskillzhtown said:
I can play tonight. I am in Central.

I'm available to start the game from 2PM ET to 7.30PM ET (8PM only as a last resort). Can you play in that time slot?

Bumblebeetuna said:
Is W1SSY still in the dynasty? Indiana never showed up as a user team for me.

On the website he appears as an active member. He also played his 1st game.

What is the deadline for the 1st week?

dskillzhtown

NHale said:
I'm available to start the game from 2PM ET to 7.30PM ET (8PM only as a last resort). Can you play in that time slot?

On the website he appears as an active member. He also played his 1st game.

What is the deadline for the 1st week?

I can play at 6 Central, 7 ET.

Good luck.

Well that sucks, but he had to have left and rejoined or only just accepted my invite after I'd already started the season because when I was doing schedules it only showed 5 users in the dynasty: Hawaii, Texas, Texas A&M, Clemson, and Michigan State. Six users would have made it easier :\ Oh well.

NHale

It seems I'm not using the online servers to recruit. I wanted to spend 60 mins with my top recruit but the servers crashed. Result, it counted the 60 minutes but I didn't have any option to spend my 6 topics. Great start of the season. :lol

dskillzhtown said:
I can play at 6 Central, 7 ET.

Good luck.

Thanks. To you too, but my guess is that you're not going to need it.
Please don't crush me.

NHale

Week 1 is still not finished. I was online until 7.45 ET but dskillzhtown didn't show up.

Bumblebeetuna I don't know if you want to make the rest of the people wait any longer, but if you don't I'm okay with you simming the game if dskillzhtown doesn't have a problem with that.

dskillzhtown

NHale said:
Week 1 is still not finished. I was online until 7.45 ET but dskillzhtown didn't show up.

Bumblebeetuna I don't know if you want to make the rest of the people wait any longer, but if you don't I'm okay with you simming the game if dskillzhtown doesn't have a problem with that.

Sorry man. When I got home yesterday I had no lights due to a storm that came through. I didn't get power again until 9. If this is holding up the league, go ahead and sim it.

NHale

dskillzhtown said:
Sorry man. When I got home yesterday I had no lights due to a storm that came through. I didn't get power again until 9. If this is holding up the league, go ahead and sim it.

No problem. Bumblebeetuna didn't said anything so far, so if you are available tonight maybe we could play.

NHale

Just finished my game against dskillzhtown. I gave a fight until the last 3 minutes, went from 14-3 to 14-24 in less than 3 minutes. :lol

dskillzhtown

Bumblebeetuna said:
I think normal? I might be able to change it if you guys want something else.

I have been using slow offline and thought it was a bit faster. If no one else cares, don't worry about it.

You and I play, yes?

I work until around midnight CST. If you're up that late, we can meet up. If not, around 10 CST tomorrow night should be good.

JCX

Bumblebeetuna said:
You and I play, yes?

I work until around midnight CST. If you're up that late, we can meet up. If not, around 10 CST tomorrow night should be good.

I have work early tomorrow, so tomorrow night sounds good.

gg JCX. I suck at running but you also played damn good run defense. Looking back I should have spread the field more since you never seemed to get out of 4-3 but oh well. I went like 5-17 or some shit but it was good enough.

Texas is yet to play or recruit and I think you still need to recruit JCX. I will sim to week 3 tomorrow afternoon.

NHale

JCX said:
another real person game? I'm going to have such a bad record :lol

I can play tonight after 9 PM EST.

I don't know if I can be online at that time but I will add you to my friends list. If we're both online, I will send you an invite.

Top Bottom