• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Hello friends. Well, we all knew it was coming, but the interest in NCAA '11 this year is just too high to be contained in one league. So, GCQ and I have decided to run 2 leagues. I feel that it is unfortunate that we can't fit everyone in one league because I think the more people the better but that's just how it is. You might have some questions which will be answered below:

Q: Why are there 2 leagues?
A: I already answered that, but it's because there are too many people (including madden vets) to fit in one league.

Q: Ok, is there a difference between the 2 leagues?
A: Yes. GCQ's league has a prestige limit of 3 stars. This league has no limits.

Q: Well that makes sense. Should I post in which league I'd like to play in?
A: Yes, please do. That way we can have everything worked out.

Q: A few minutes ago you said this league has no limits. Does it also have no rules?
A: No, that is not correct. There will be league rules very similar to our past madden leagues.

Q: What kind of rules?
A: This is a sim league. As I have said so many times, I will be more forgiving when it comes to NCAA because you see some crazy shit in real life too. But exploits and poor sportsmanship will always be against the rules.... even though they aren't always in real college football.

Q: Ok, what type of commitment will it take to be in this league?
A: You will need to play 2 games a week. We advance on Wednesdays at 9 pm pst and Saturdays at 9 pm pst.

Q: Will you make any exceptions on the advancement dates?
A: The only exceptions will be if there is an xbox live problem or something that literally prevents us from advancing. If you are on vacation or something else comes up, tough titties.

Q: When will the league start?
A: It depends on when we can get our hands on the named rosters. My SAFE guess would be that we will start no later than July 24th, but it maybe earlier than that.

Q: I heard you were going on vacation from July 31st - August 8th. Is that true? And if so, who will man the league!
A: It's true! But unlike madden, I can set multiple people with Commish abilities, so the league will not be harmed by my absence!

Q: How will you handle people who want the same team?
A: If you are a madden vet you'll likely get your team. If 2 madden vets wanted the same team they'll have to play for it. This may seem unfair to new people, but there's just a group of dudes that I trust and I know will play, so it is hard for me to open my heart to new players. It's hard!

Q: How long do you plan on playing this online dynasty?
A: Between 4-6 seasons I would say. I guess it could feasibly last longer (or shorter if the game is awful!), but that would be my guess.

Q: Is there any chance that this is the 2nd game in the Jack English saga as the title suggests? Like this is a prequel to Madden '10 and we get to see how Jack English rises from relative obscurity to become the star at Stanford and then loses a superbowl to Pat White before his legend manifests itself in the superbowl victory against the Bills?
A: Yes.

Q: Will anyone ever tell the story of Pat White? A modern day trent dilfer who was basically forgotten by his team even though he led them to a superbowl victory?
A: You'll have to ask rors that question. I don't turn my back on superbowl winning qb's!

Rules:

4th down rules:

- DO NOT go for it on 4th down in your own territory under any circumstance EXCEPT for the following:

1. you are losing by 20 points or more at any time
2. you are losing by double digits in the 4th quarter
3. it is likely that it would be your final drive of the game if you dont convert

- DO NOT go for it on 4th down if you are winning EXCEPT for the following:

1. 4th and very short (inches or a yard) inside your opponents 40. you can use this if you are winning by 1 score (up to 7 points) or tied/losing. It's up to your discretion because i know some coaches would go for this even in a winning game

2. If you are on the edge of FG range even in a 4th and 5 or less. Lets say you have a 4th and 10 at your opponents 35.... punt it. or go for a FG (you won't make it with these kickers though!). But don't go for it. But lets say its a 4th and 4 from your opponents 33.... that is ok to go for it.

* Play sim guys. I shouldn't need to spell this out but it IS college football so the rules are a bit different. It's ok to play 4 wides all game, to play the spread, WHATEVER. That's what happens in college. But at the same time lets not be complete assholes. Don't run the freaking hurry up ALL game. I don't think we'll have any issues here but just remember to be cool.... always be cool.

* If I see more than 2 "restarts" against the CPU i'm going to start to wonder. Some of the higher up CPU teams are no cakewalk in this game, so be careful. If the CPU beats you the CPU beats you. Take it like a man. But remember, we're all human beings and we don't want the CPU to win a national title. Lets band together and make sure this doesn't happen!

* Let me know of any sliders/settings change requests!

* League advances every wednesday and saturday. We will not advance to week 2 until DM has the game, which will be this coming week. So get your games in!
------------

Current league roster:

1. FMT - Stanford
2. CB - USC
3. DMczaf - Oregon
4. Azwethinkweiz - Clemson
5. Lonestar - Alabama
6. Denogg - Va Tech
7. LJ11 - Notredame
8. Los Daddie - FSU
9. Luke - Michigan *
10. DCX - Ohio State

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think it's about time for Alabama to follow thebleacherreports.com's lead, and move on to the big televen conference.

Rorschach

If you assholes get me to buy this, I'll never forgive you. And whoever it is that keeps having EA forward NCAA emails to me, cut it out! >:| I can't block the ea domain because I have other subscriptions. :|

Somnia

Rorschach said:
If you assholes get me to buy this, I'll never forgive you. And whoever it is that keeps having EA forward NCAA emails to me, cut it out! >:| I can't block the ea domain because I have other subscriptions. :|

Ya I'm the same way..I don't want to buy both, but I'm really leaning towards it.

edit: For the time being put me down for the U...I'll decide on launch day if I'm buying it :D

DMczaf

unlv.gif

Somnia

So I went ahead and ordered a copy...damn peer pressure I swear to god :lol well that and the demo was pretty fucking good.

I think everyone should have an English on their team btw!

Rorschach

:lol WTF?! Don't put me in and why LSU? Because of JBust? Damn you, FMT! If I did buy this turd, it would be for UCLA.

Somnia

Rorschach said:
:lol WTF?! Don't put me in and why LSU? Because of JBust? Damn you, FMT! If I did buy this turd, it would be for UCLA.

You know you're gonna buy it.....doooo it

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm interested, but Smokey already called the Houston Cougars.

I could always play as Rice, playing with a shit team would not cause my stress levels to rise since I wouldn't expect to win at all.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
JCX said:
Me! Perhaps someone should start a ps3 thread.
You guys might as well just exchange aim names cause it will only end up being you two

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
As of now I'm playing. I will let you know as soon as possible if I can't cause of my health.

Then you can buy Rors a copy!

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:

Don't do it. FMT tried to peddle his wares to me last night but I said no. One football game is all I can manage.

Ramirez

I'd say even if you were only going to buy one game, that NCAA seems to be the one that's improved the most. I guess if you hate college or something, but it pains me to see how much innovation is being done in NCAA while Madden remains stale in key areas that affect us in particular.

Ramirez said:
I'd say even if you were only going to buy one game, that NCAA seems to be the one that's improved the most. I guess if you hate college or something, but it pains me to see how much innovation is being done in NCAA while Madden remains stale in key areas that affect us in particular.

madden will still be better on the field though

well the place i usually get madden from will have the game early, but only by a couple days (it will be in this friday).

not sure if its worth the drive

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Don't do it. FMT tried to peddle his wares to me last night but I said no. One football game is all I can manage.
^5

I held out strong. Now both leagues are full. I'll just coast until Madden 11.
z0DbZ.gif

You guys didn't have room for me last year so I went with the PS3 league and that league died before it even started. If you have room this year, let me know.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, the Dell Website still has 7/9/2010 as delivery date. Anyone believe that some of us will get the game on Friday???

Somnia

Lonestar said:
Well, the Dell Website still has 7/9/2010 as delivery date. Anyone believe that some of us will get the game on Friday???

Dell screws up a lot so maybe. I won't have it till Tuesday though =/

Azwethinkweiz said:
You guys didn't have room for me last year so I went with the PS3 league and that league died before it even started. If you have room this year, let me know.

I will assure that does not happen!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ph33nix said:
I will assure that does not happen!

:lol

The only successful PS3 league has been Madden 09 which was run by us. everyother one dies about a season in

Azwethinkweiz said:

Shouldn't be a problem! You can have pheeniks spot!

Rorschach said:
I'm getting the PS3 version of Madden as well. We can be a 3 man league!

i wouldn't give a shit if we had a 12 man league. although I'm moving into a house with a bunch of people so there's no telling what my internet will be like anymore :(

Smokey

ph33nix said:
i wouldn't give a shit if we had a 12 man league. although I'm moving into a house with a bunch of people so there's no telling what my internet will be like anymore :(

man tha fuck up and rebuy a 360

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I'm getting the PS3 version of Madden as well. We can be a 3 man league!

I'm down.

Top Bottom