• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA '11 Xbox 360 Online Dynasty V2: Jack English - The Early Years

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LJ11 said:
OS Review for those interested.

Saw the commercial last night, did a nice job with it.

The retail build of NCAA 11 plays a great game of football that has to be played before it can truly be appreciated. For those of you who have played the demo to death, please be aware that the game speed is slower in the final build, which allows you to feel the effects of the much-touted locomotion engine (more on this later) more so than on a faster speed setting.

Speaking of speed settings, there are five included (very slow, slow, normal, fast, very fast),

:D

LJ11

The part about DL play being tougher is spot on, at least that's the impression I get from playing the demo. Tried using my DT techniques and they were really hit or miss, if I didn't time it right my ass was on the turf.

Lonestar

wow, didn't know about Auto Turbo.

Lets do that! It'll save me from my blasted tendancy to just spam the turbo button at handoff!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Easy D-Line play fixed?

kanye-west-2.jpg

"Yo Tiburon, im really happy for you, and imma let you finish. But NCAA 11 is the greatest football game of all time"

BigAT

I posted this in the real dynasty thread already, but I have a bit of an in with one of the guys that does the rosters for OS and he believes they should be done with them by late Tuesday or Wednesday.

LJ11

Still, as much as the blocking AI has been fixed, all is not perfect in blocking land, specifically on the defensive side of the ball. The biggest issue I have seen is that you will really need to work if you want to sack the opposing QB without slider tweaks. It is not that opposing offensive lines feel cheap in any way, it is just extremely rare to see them botch an assignment that allows a defender to overpower someone else on the line.

Do not get me wrong, if you are committed to using a defensive lineman and begin utilizing the various spin and power moves at your disposal, you will be able to get to the QB -- mixing up blitz packages also seems to work fairly well. Nevertheless, as of this writing, the most sacks I have managed in a game on the All-American difficulty level is three, and this was while using Ohio State against Florida Atlantic University.

I felt the pass rush wasn't that bad in the demo, I was getting a couple of sacks a game against the CPU. It's probably the speed of the game at work. Felt that Madden '10 had a better pass rush on the normal speed setting than it did after EA lowered it to slow.

Lonestar

Where as I felt like I got the crap sacked out of me on the demo. Probably holding onto the ball too long.

LJ11

Lonestar said:
Where as I felt like I got the crap sacked out of me on the demo. Probably holding onto the ball too long.

I thought the pass rush was ace in the demo. Felt I had to make a read relatively quickly and get rid of it.

Even the CPU held on to the ball longer than I expected, Pryor was brutal. Think I sacked his ass 3 or 4 times in one game.

Striker

I used OSU and got a couple sacks against Florida. Granted I probably got one off a normal base, but others were from zone blitzes, and I did one off a S blitz and the QB got nailed.

matrix, did you want to give up your spot to denogg or are you still playing? wasn't sure based on your post, seemed like it was still possibly up in the air!

Ramirez

Smokey said:
So what day or so is this scheduled to start?

Pretty sure he said the 24th or so...

Question, to get the rosters over to the Xbox, is that as simple as getting a flash drive and copying it over to the Xbox or what?

LJ11

Ramirez said:
Pretty sure he said the 24th or so...

Question, to get the rosters over to the Xbox, is that as simple as getting a flash drive and copying it over to the Xbox or what?

I'm pretty sure someone uploads them via the game, and you can just download them. It's all built into the game now as far as I know.

Lonestar

I probably won't win the heisman. Not till year 2. Gonna be too much parity in the backfield.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix, did you want to give up your spot to denogg or are you still playing? wasn't sure based on your post, seemed like it was still possibly up in the air!

I think I will have to give up my spot, I have no clue when my copy is coming from dell, no tracking info and CS is shit.

Plus you won't have my health issues looming over the league. Denogg should take it.

KanZolo

Matrix said:
I think I will have to give up my spot, I have no clue when my copy is coming from dell, no tracking info and CS is shit.

From other dynasty thread:

KanZolo said:
on 7/13 buy it from Target or somewhere. Play it until your Dell copy arrives.

Take your sealed Dell copy and return it to Target with the Target receipt.

That way you get it for $40 and can play it day one

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
I'm pretty sure someone uploads them via the game, and you can just download them. It's all built into the game now as far as I know.

Oh wow, that's awesome that it's built in.

the roster downloads are built in. there is an "EA locker" menu option when you sign in online and you can upload your rosters and download them. it's very similar to what NBA 2k has where you can see what has been uploaded, what's most downloaded, etc.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
FrenchMovieTheme said:
nay.... best coast only!

PAC 10 isn't too shabby either! well we only have 2 human teams.... but still!
I would take Oregon or Oregon St over Cal or Stanford. I mean, if you want to play with a Stanford, take Wake Forest in the ACC. Same difference.

Lonestar

We are going to attempt some kind of merger conference.

Right ;P

Could split up people, east coast and west coast.

United_States_of_Shenanigans.jpg

Just by my college educated deductions, I'd say:
East Coast 6: Somnia, Denogg, Ramirez, DCX, Luke, Az
West Coast 6: DM, CB3, FMT, Smokey, and by process of being slightly further west than Luke: Myself and LJ

East:
Ohio State 96 OVR
Miami 92 OVR
Virginia Tech 90 OVR
Clemson 89 OVR
FSU 89 OVR
Michigan 87 OVR

West
Alabama 99 OVR
USC 92 OVR
Cal 87 OVR
Notre Dame 86 OVR
Houston 80 OVR
UNLV 71 OVR

DenogginizerOS

I may decide to go with the Texas or perhaps Pittsburgh just to give the league some more representation in the other conferences.

Does anyone have the rankings for Pittsburgh, Texas, BYU, and TCU?

DenogginizerOS said:
I may decide to go with the Texas or perhaps Pittsburgh just to give the league some more representation in the other conferences.

If you do please represent them well for me :D

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:

BYU 86 OVR 87OFF 85 DEF 4 stars
Pitt 89 92 88 4 stars
TCU 90 OVR 96 OFF 88 DEF 4 stars
Texas 93 OVR 94 OFF 92 DEF 6 stars

Seems like OS's 360 roster, has included at least 1 created player. Sentrel Henderson on Miami.

DenogginizerOS

Thanks, Lone!

So, can someone break down how the online franchise conferences work? Could we make our own conferences like Lonestar said with 6 teams in each and 5-6 (out of conference games)?

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Thanks, Lone!

So, can someone break down how the online franchise conferences work? Could we make our own conferences like Lonestar said with 6 teams in each and 5-6 (out of conference games)?

It sounds like it's something like "Swap teams in and out of conferences." So, the SEC, ACC, etc. stick around, but you can chose the SEC to be of whichever teams you want.

Though, would be nice to rename the conference. That way, we can use ConfusingJazz's name for the Pac-10 that was going to be: The MDC (Manifest Destiny Conference)

DenogginizerOS

Ok. I know we all want to do recruiting and not make this a second Madden league, too. I am trying to balance between the fun of a college experience and also making sure I have a chance to play for a "BCS"esque bowl. I am a little concerned that we may have too many human teams in one conference with 4 in the ACC. Can't figure out if that many is a good thing or bad. Right now it looks like this:

ACC - 4 Teams
Pac-10 - 2 Teams
Big Ten - 2 Teams
SEC - 1 Team
Conf USA - 1 Team
MWC - 1 Team
Independent - 1 Team
Big East - 0
Big XII - 0

Lonestar

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. I know we all want to do recruiting and not make this a second Madden league, too. I am trying to balance between the fun of a college experience and also making sure I have a chance to play for a "BCS"esque bowl. I am a little concerned that we may have too many human teams in one conference with 4 in the ACC. Can't figure out if that many is a good thing or bad.

Guess there are different ways to go about it.

Here's one example.

12 players
2 different conferences (say SEC and Big 12)
4 divisions
3 players in each division

So it could be something like:

Conference 1
CB3
FMT
DM
3 CPU teams

Smokey
Myself
LJ
3 CPU teams

Conference 2
Luke
DCX
Denog
3 CPU teams

Ram
Somnia
Az
3 CPU teams

The best from the divisions then play the other side, and we end up with 2 conference winners. With a decent shot for those 2 being in the BCS game.

Break up the human teams however you like in the end.

I'd even say, put in the "best" CPU teams in the 12 CPU slot. That way, we should be able to dictate the teams in the BCS games.

I just don't want to leave things as they are, if I'm the only SEC in it. To play 3-4 human games, and 8-9 CPU games every year...would end up playing like Season 5 of Madden 10 :p

DenogginizerOS said:
Ok. I know we all want to do recruiting and not make this a second Madden league, too. I am trying to balance between the fun of a college experience and also making sure I have a chance to play for a "BCS"esque bowl. I am a little concerned that we may have too many human teams in one conference with 4 in the ACC. Can't figure out if that many is a good thing or bad. Right now it looks like this:

ACC - 4 Teams
Pac-10 - 2 Teams
Big Ten - 2 Teams
SEC - 1 Team
Conf USA - 1 Team
MWC - 1 Team
Independent - 1 Team
Big East - 0
Big XII - 0

Whether we're all in the same conference or not, I'm sure it'll be setup where you play 3-4 games against other players. It's pointless to have an online dynasty if you're only going to play the CPU. If you're in a conference by yourself, you'll play 3 OOC games against human opponents. If you're in a conference with 3 other people, you'll play 1 OOC game against a human opponent, or maybe none. I guess if you're alone, you can get the BCS bid by winning your conference with 3 OOC losses or whatever, but you'll probably be matched up with a human opponent in the postseason anyway. My point is, there's always going to be one of us 11 guys standing in your way on the road to glory, so just play who you want.

DenogginizerOS

Azwethinkweiz said:
Whether we're all in the same conference or not, I'm sure it'll be setup where you play 3-4 games against other players. It's pointless to have an online dynasty if you're only going to play the CPU. If you're in a conference by yourself, you'll play 3 OOC games against human opponents. If you're in a conference with 3 other people, you'll play 1 OOC game against a human opponent, or maybe none. I guess if you're alone, you can get the BCS bid by winning your conference with 3 OOC losses or whatever, but you'll probably be matched up with a human opponent in the postseason anyway. My point is, there's always going to be one of us 11 guys standing in your way on the road to glory, so just play who you want.
Just to clarify, I am not trying to carve a CPU-only path to a championship. I am just trying to get a feel for how best to balance the league so we don't have a powerhouse by themself in a conference versus 4 in one conference. I would think the chances of the 4 beating themselves up plus OOC games far exceed the challenge/fun someone would have being in a conference by themselves. However, if having more conferences represented would make for a better likelihood of a human vs human Championship, then I would think it would be better for there to be at least one team in the Big XII or Big East, for example versus none and 4 in the ACC.

LJ11

I'm open to taking any team.

I picked ND because I'm familiar with them, and I'd also ruin CB's chances at any Nation Title aspirations. Also get to play against Michigan as well.

Willing to switch if a conference needs better representation.

DenogginizerOS

Do we know from last year if it is better/worse/same to have a bunch of teams in one conference and a few others by themself in other conferences or if it is better to have things spread out evenly with 1 or 2 humans in each conference?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LJ11 said:
I'm open to taking any team.

I picked ND because I'm familiar with them, and I'd also ruin CB's chances at any Nation Title aspirations. Also get to play against Michigan as well.

Willing to switch if a conference needs better representation.
L
O
L

I'm a multiple time bcs champion in ncaa. Respect your elders

Top Bottom