• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football '10 Online "Career" Dynasty Interest Thread

GCQuinton

With FMT starting up the Madden interest thread and NCAA Football '10 releasing next month, I figured now's a good a time as any to get an official interest thread of my own started up for this.

Info and rules on last year's online dynasty can be found here.

This year we're gonna do things a bit different and run a "career" style online dynasty, where everyone is required to choose from teams that are tiered 3 stars or less. Since I'll likely be creating a team myself, it'll be allowed for this online dynasty as long as the 3 stars or less rule is met.

Everyone who played in the Xbox 360 online dynasty last year will have priority, but vets from the other leagues as well as newcomers are welcome to sign up as well.

That's it for now, but if you're interested let me know! Thanks!

1. GCQuinton
2. BigAT
3. bobbydigital
4. dammitmattt
5. TheCrow
6. storybook77
7. cubanb
8. Azwethinkweiz
9. LiveWire
10. Phthisis

Reserves:

1. Ramirez (Tentative)
2. Righty10

I'm definitely interested, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm buying NCAA this year due to some early complaints I've heard. If I get it (and I probably will), I'm definitely in.

TheCrow

I am also in but I have no idea what team I'll be. I'll probably end up with some school from illinois. Hopefully I make it into the madden league, either way I will get my football fix from NCAA.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is there going to be another NCAA dynasty, because yeah...I only want one team, and it ain't 3 stars :lol

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
Is there going to be another NCAA dynasty, because yeah...I only want one team, and it ain't 3 stars :lol

FMT has already said he isn't going to run one so, yup, this is the only game in town. After consulting with all of the members who stuck around for the long haul, the majority of them were in support of this so that's what we're doing. Feel free to come back under the guidelines, but if not it's cool.

cubanb

Banned
I am in. How is the team picking going to go? I would like to check out the ratings. I don't know who to choose. I am guessing Cal>3 stars.

Ratings for the teams are usually leaked a week or so before the launch. I'll keep my eyes open and try to find them. Also the demo might show the ratings for all the teams, with the ability to only use two of them as usual.

i'm a tentative in. i have the game reserved but i'm waiting on the demo (thursday) and full impressions before committing.

i'd probably roll with fresno state or maybe san jose state (i love you jgar!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm getting a game even with early complaints?

If its as good as last years I might be in as the Houston Cougars...so I'm a maybe.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what!? i want dm on my schedule! i'm going to destroy you cindi lauper style (time after time)!

You didn't hear? Johnson and Johnson are coming back for their Ph.Ds in Communications!

DMczaf said:
I'm in. FMT won't trick me into PS3 leagues again!

I'm still pissed off at all of you. One year not in the leagues and I already feel like an outside :/

(well, two long bans didn't help, either :lol )

geez the pass rush looks horrible again this year from the videos i've seen. obviously i'll wait to play it first but how can you get into a defensive slugfest if the qb consistently has 5-10 seconds to throw?

TheCrow

I was really hoping they would at least fix the line play. I did not enjoy watching opposing QBs just wait for their receivers to get open.

I'll be in it. I'm pretty sure Clemson is >3 stars but I'll just wait until the CPU runs the team into the ground like it always does and just switch to them after a couple seasons. That's kosher, right?

LiveWire

I'm in, as long as I don't get a shitty school that is impossible to recruit with...

Edit: Didn't notice the 3 stars rule. Much better! Then I don't care what school I get as long as we all are bound by that rule.

GCQuinton

The demo's up! It's a big one too at 2GB according to to Marketplace website. I'll be trying it out when I get home from work, but impressions are always welcome!

There's one up for The BIGS 2 as well, for those interested.

BigAT

Posted this in the other NCAA thread as well:

2 minute quarters, Oklahoma vs. Florida.

I played through a game on Heisman as Oklahoma (you can pick the difficulty). Before kickoff, you set your team's gameplan, which consists of whether you want to play aggressive/normal/conservative in several categories on offense or defense. It's basically just a risk/reward choice for each. Presentation feels very similar to '09, with the exception of a marching band on the field going through some movements before eventually spelling out "NCAA 10 DEMO".

Maybe it's just because I've been watching so many Madden 10 videos lately, but the game does feel like it plays very fast. The criticism of the lack of pass rush is warranted. There were a couple of plays where I just held the ball to see long I could and it got absurd at times. There is a vibration now when someone is closing in on the QB. The only good part is that you seem to get punished much more when you actually do get hit. I was hit once as I was throwing and the ball popped up in the air and was easily intercepted. The one other time I got hit l I fumbled.

You no longer get to choose an area of your team to boost during a timeout, you are just brought to the gameplan menu where you can change your choices, although you can do this at any time by hitting LT from the playbook screen.

You can plainly see in the playbook which plays are used to setup one another as they are locked together. As far as I can tell, they seem to pretty much exclusively be run plays and play action passes. It took me pretty much the entire game to setup a PA pass to 100% (which I believe is required for it to have any effect), but when I ran it I didn't notice any influence at all.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If there will be a PS3 dynasty I would love to get in

Ramirez

I'm a tentative in as well, gotta d/l the demo and see if I like it and hear some impressions from the final game. :p

GCQuinton

I got ya down, Ramirez.

I played the demo last night after work, but to be honest I really didn't play it long since I was half asleep. That said, it did have a Madden '09 esque feel to it with the pass rush still a bit off. I'll definitely have to play it some more tonight, though.

FMT, I saw your post in the other NCAA thread. I assume that means you're out now?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Do any of you fine Xbox 360 owners know if they finally fixed it so there's no more failures? I may finally rebuy another 360 if so because nobody I know personally or through the ether plays on PSN.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm out as well,sorry.

I was ranked #1 heavyweight in the world last night at 9 pm but then i took a break and didn't play anymore. So i don't know where im ranked anymore. I went 11-0 but the guy with the belt was offline! I was mad

UPDATE

Dropped to 16th overnight but still not to bad

GCQuinton

And we're down to 9. I gotta say, with all of the negative feedback and interest at lukewarm (at best) levels right now, it's looking like me running a dynasty could honestly go either way at this point. Hopefully that gets a little clearer in the next few weeks so we all know what we're doing.

GCQuinton said:
And we're down to 9. I gotta say, with all of the negative feedback and interest at lukewarm (at best) levels right now, it's looking like me running a dynasty could honestly go either way at this point. Hopefully that gets a little clearer in the next few weeks so we all know what we're doing.

I hear the same things about NCAA every year, and I buy it every year and enjoy it. For some reason this game has it's enemies. And they speak out against it every year. I bet if we start the league a few days after launch we will fill up no problem. People will realize it is a good game(maybe not great) but good.

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Honestly, I have had doubts about picking up the game. I am moving into my first home at the end of July and will also have a bachelors party the week before, so it will be pretty busy. I have thought about just playing my old dynasty to hold me over.

However, as release day approaches, I will probably get that itch and buy it every year like I have.

GCQuinton

Alright, guys. With the game releasing a little over a week from now I'll be creating the official thread sometime later this week. Until I do that though, feel free to post what team you intend to roll with. I'll update the OP as such until I create the official thread.

Created teams are welcome (I'll likely be creating one, see below) as long as they meet the 3 star rule AND you're a vet from the previous league. I don't need a bunch of LOL Techs made from people who'll ditch after a season.

My team? My alma mater:

1zoj7y8.jpg

Still working on the roster, but they'll likely be a 1 or 2 star school once I'm finished editing them.

I'd like to create a team, but I also want to take over Clemson after the CPU runs them into the ground and I don't want to abandon the created team. I'll probably just play some garbage team and then switch over.

GCQuinton

Azwethinkweiz said:
I'd like to create a team, but I also want to take over Clemson after the CPU runs them into the ground and I don't want to abandon the created team. I'll probably just play some garbage team and then switch over.

We've already got rules in place for coaching changes established from last season that will carry over to this OD. I mentioned this in the OP as well, but if anybody hasn't seen it go here.

GCQuinton said:
We've already got rules in place for coaching changes established from last season that will carry over to this OD. I mentioned this in the OP as well, but if anybody hasn't seen it go here.

Yeah, don't worry. After a couple years, Clemson will be a 2 star caliber team consistently ranking in the bottom half of their conference year after year. It happens in every version of NCAA. I'm pretty sure they have a bunch of South Carolina grads on their development team.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think I might be interested, if User Created teams are allowed in. If there's room left.

raider1home.jpg

away1.jpg

raider1.jpg

Not a 100% match of the uniform, but close enough. My Old High School, remade into College, with some add improvements. I really like the User Created Logo's. I hope they look good in the game, and that it'll actually show up the same on other peoples system.

DSC05587.JPG

DSC01945.JPG

Originals

Phthisis

If we're allowed custom teams, I'm going with my alma mater, the 2008 Great West Conference champs, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.

EDIT- In that case put me down for Colorado State, I guess.

Top Bottom