• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football '10 Online "Career" Dynasty Interest Thread

cubanb

Banned
GCQuinton said:
Alright, guys. With the game releasing a little over a week from now I'll be creating the official thread sometime later this week. Until I do that though, feel free to post what team you intend to roll with. I'll update the OP as such until I create the official thread.

Created teams are welcome (I'll likely be creating one, see below) as long as they meet the 3 star rule AND you're a vet from the previous league. I don't need a bunch of LOL Techs made from people who'll ditch after a season.

My team? My alma mater:

1zoj7y8.jpg

Still working on the roster, but they'll likely be a 1 or 2 star school once I'm finished editing them.
Custom teams? Why didn't you say so, go UCSC BANANA SLUGS!

Are we going by prestige stars?
Is that correlated at all with talent on the team? I wanted to see what my team would look like with a spread offense and the default roster has a lot of talent for a 3 star team i think

TheCrow

It seems that you can have a powerhouse team and still stay under the 3 star prestige limit. Which would make the 3 star limit pointless since I am under the impression that we would be building up our teams from a fairly even playing field. Or I could just be wrong.

On second thought are there any high ranked teams with 3 or less stars?

GCQuinton

TheCrow said:
It seems that you can have a powerhouse team and still stay under the 3 star prestige limit. Which would make the 3 star limit pointless since I am under the impression that we would be building up our teams from a fairly even playing field. Or I could just be wrong.

On second thought are there any high ranked teams with 3 or less stars?

If it's like previous editions of NCAA's CAT last-gen, the powerhouse to cupcake settings are for the actual roster ability of your team so that should be fine. Since they've added the other items (academic prestige and so on) that'll be monitored by me for realism's sake so you're not just starting off with a weak team and going for the top guys after year one because your other settings are so high.

My CAT in that photo has been updated since then to reflect those changes for the other categories. Still working on the actual roster though, but they're cupcakes:

2m4vxgm.jpg

Long story short: When you tell me your teams and create them, I'll be checking to make sure the whole package is legit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I started with the Average Joes group, and changed some names. If you can give some kind of guidelines on what you're looking for. Based on Overall ratings, or what?

cubanb

Banned
Lonestar said:
Well, I started with the Average Joes group, and changed some names. If you can give some kind of guidelines on what you're looking for. Based on Overall ratings, or what?
Yea, it is too bad it does not generate an overall team rating for your created teams to go by.

Lonestar

I mean, do we have to go by some kind of "no player over 90 overall"? 85? Limits on individual ratings inside the overall ratings (no one over a certain speed, etc. etc. etc.)

Righty10

Yo CQG, I wanna get in on this sweet action, but I really won't have much of a chance to play until after July 23rd. Would it be cool if you put me down as tentative for now?

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
I mean, do we have to go by some kind of "no player over 90 overall"? 85? Limits on individual ratings inside the overall ratings (no one over a certain speed, etc. etc. etc.)
Are you playing in this OD right now? I don't recall you going one way or the other.

I'll make the official rule in the official thread this weekend, but here's the gist of it: as far as created rosters go, it is fine to edit anything on players (accessories, height, weight, etc.) EXCEPT their skill ratings. Whatever the generator spits out is what you got. I'll be personally checking each team for this as I add them in.

Lonestar

I'm getting the game anyway, so if you have a spot open, I can. If not, or don't want me to, fine with me.

There is no random player generator on that page. You can pick any of the teams that are real, and they are set it stone. You can pick any of the "Spread, Powerhouse, Cupcake, Average Joes, Option, etc.etc.etc." and they are all the same. If everyone (going this route)uses Average Joe, they'll have the exact same QB, rating rise.

GCQuinton

Lonestar said:
I'm getting the game anyway, so if you have a spot open, I can. If not, or don't want me to, fine with me.

There is no random player generator on that page. You can pick any of the teams that are real, and they are set it stone. You can pick any of the "Spread, Powerhouse, Cupcake, Average Joes, Option, etc.etc.etc." and they are all the same. If everyone (going this route)uses Average Joe, they'll have the exact same QB, rating rise.

I was using the term "generator" loosely there. The CAT roster setup is pretty much the same as it's been for years going back to NCAA '02, so I'm aware of the cookie-cutter default rosters for them. That said, I won't be allowing people to change their skill ratings. I'm probably going to enforce something similar for CAT's program info too, but it won't be as strict.

The official thread will be made this weekend so everything will be explained there.

GCQuinton

Righty10 said:
Yo CQG, I wanna get in on this sweet action, but I really won't have much of a chance to play until after July 23rd. Would it be cool if you put me down as tentative for now?

We likely won't even be starting until sometime around then, so I'll put you down.

BigAT said:
Have the team ratings been released/leaked anywhere yet?

i found the team ratings but not the prestige rank but do not know the validity of them. Here they are.

The order is Team name, OVR, OFF, DEF.

Air Force D+ C D
Akron C- C C-
Alabama A- B+ A
Arizona B B B
ASU B B- B+
Arkansas B- B- C+
Ark St. C- C+ C-
Army D+ C D
Auburn B- B- B-
Ball St. D+ C+ D
Baylor C+ C+ C+
Boise St. B B B-
Boston College B- B- B-
Bowling Green C C+ C
Buffalo D C D
BYU C+ B C
Cal A- A- A-
Central Mich. C- B- D+
Cincinnati B B+ B+
Clemson B B+ B
Colorado C C+ C
CSU D+ C- D+
Connecticut C C+ C-
Duke C- C C-
ECU C+ C+ C+
E Mich D C- D
Florida A+ A+ A+
FAU D+ C+ D
FIU D C D
FSU A- B+ A
Fresno St. C B- C
Georgia A- B+ A
Georgia Tech B+ B A-
Hawaii C C+ C
Houston C+ C+ C+
Idaho D C D
Illinois B B+ B-
Indiana B- C+ B
Iowa C+ B- C
Iowa St. C C+ C-
Kansas C+ B C
Kansas St. C+ C+B-
Kent St. C- C+ C-
Kentucky C+ C+ C+
La Tech C B- C-
Louisville C+ B- C
LSU B+ A- B
Marshall C B- C
Maryland B- B C+
Memphis C B- D+
Miami B+ B+ A-
Miami U C- C C-
Michigan B+ B A-
Michigan St. C- C+ C-
Mid. Tenn C- C+ D+
Minnesota C B- C
Mississippi St. C C+ C
Missouri C+ B- C
Navy C- C C-
NC State B- B- B-
Nebraska B+ B+ B+
Nevada C B- D+
New Mexico C- C+ D+
NMSU D+ C D+
North Carolina B+ B+ A-
North Texas D D+ D+
Northern Illinois C- C- C-
Northwestern C+ C+ C
Notre Dame B A- B-
Ohio C- C C-
Ohio St. A- B+ A
Oklahoma A+ A+ A
Oklahoma St. A- A B+
Ole Miss B+ B+ A-
Oregon B+ B+ A-
Oregon St. B+ B+ B+
Penn St. A- A- A-
Pitt B B B
Purdue C+ B- C
Rice C- C C-
Rutgers B B B+
SDSU C C+ C-
SJSU D C- D
SMU C- C- C-
South Carolina C+ B- C+
Southern Miss B- B C+
Stanford C B- C
Syracuse D+ C- D+
TCU B- B- B-
Temple C C C
Tennessee B+ B+ A-
Texas A+ A+ A
Texas A&M B B B+
Texas Tech B- B- B-
Toledo C- C D+
Troy C- C D+
Tulane D+ C D
Tulsa C C+ C-
UAB D+ C C-
UCF B- B- B-
UCLA C+ B- C+
UL Lafayette D C D
UL Monroe D+ C D+
UNLV D C- D+
USC A+ A A+
USF B+ B+ B+
Utah B- B B-
Utah St. D- D- D
UTEP C- C+ D+
Vanderbilt C C+ C
Virginia C C+ C
Va Tech B+ B+ B+
Wake Forest C+ B- C
Washington C+ C+ B
Washington St. C C+ C-
West Virginia B B+ B-
Western Kentucky D C D
Western Michigan C- C+ D+
Wisconsin B+ B B+
Wyoming D C- D

Its getting close, i read on another gaf thread that some people have already got copies. Haven't seen any comments yet. Anyone else see any early reviews?

GCQuinton

Yeah, the mom and pop stores always tend to break the street date on this one, but this is a little earlier than usual. I wouldn't expect to see any reviews until Tuesday at the earliest.

GCQuinton said:
Yeah, the mom and pop stores always tend to break the street date on this one, but this is a little earlier than usual. I wouldn't expect to see any reviews until Tuesday at the earliest.

I wasn't speaking of actual reviews, more of player impressions from the gamers who got it early.

GCQuinton

bobbydigital said:
I wasn't speaking of actual reviews, more of player impressions from the gamers who got it early.

Oh, gotcha. The only GAFer I know with it so far is Shawnwhann judging from his XBL activity the last few days and the other thread. The only other place with player impressions right now as far as I know is Operation Sports.

Top Bottom