• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 14 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Interest Thread

GCQuinton

23600.jpg

Links of Note:

NCAA Football 13 Online Dynasty Thread (Rules will carry over!)

Team Prestige and Ratings List:

Coming Soon!

Frequently Asked Stuff:

- The game comes out on July 9th, a little over a month from now. No news on a demo yet.

- This is an Xbox 360 league.

- This is a 12 member league. That's EA's limit, not mine so yell at them. See the lists below for more details. Long story short, if you're interested just post!

- While this dynasty has been a "career" orientated one for all but one of our now six years running, I'm up for anything this year so throw those suggestions out! A big part of our premature demise last season was interest just died out from all the CPU play. Fixing that this year's the number one priority. Coming off 12's record 10 season dynasty probably played a factor too, but we should be all rested up now!

- For this league's official rules, see the rules from our NCAA '13 League OP (see above for link).

- At full capacity, it usually takes us a little over a month to complete a season. Strict deadlines (three nights on average) ensure the pace doesn't down.

- Last season we played on default All-American difficulty with six minute quarters. It's definitely cyclical, so it can change depending on circumstances.

- We will utilize custom conferences. Most likely from Day 1.

Other Stuff:

I intend on running this league for a long time as I have the others, which is basically as long as the interest is there. If this league is nothing but a time killer for you until Madden comes out, DON'T sign up. This is now unceremoniously known as The Ramirez Rule.

Selected Vets With First Pass At Open Spots:

Just like last year, if you're still in simply post to let me know. If you're gonna bbe unavailable at various points, that's what Autopilot is for. If it's going to be a REALLY long time and you won't be able to start with us in July, just let me know and I'll just add you to the eventual waiting list.

Striker
BPH
BigAT
KanZolo
Nightz
storybook

Newbies:

Guileless

Every year since 2008, we've been lucky to gain some reliable new guys that go on to become vets and I hope that's the case this year as well. Like the vets, if you're interested in joining, just post! If we're only down to one or a few remaining spots, the newbie that's the most active in this thread will get the spot.

Member List (with tentative team):

1. GCQ (UNC)
2. Az (Clemson)
3. rinse82 (TBA)
4. EEK tha Cat (TBA)
5. Righty10

Waiting List:

Let's roll!

I'm in. I definitely think doing 2-3 user conferences (4 teams in 3 conferences or 6 teams in two conferences, with a couple OOC games against other users) would be a good idea. It would definitely cut down on the CPU games.

Are we still doing the 3* only teams? If so, then I'm not sure who my team will be. If that's out of the window too, I'm going with Clemson.

GCQuinton

I'm in. I definitely think doing 2-3 user conferences (4 teams in 3 conferences or 6 teams in two conferences, with a couple OOC games against other users) would be a good idea. It would definitely cut down on the CPU games.

Are we still doing the 3* only teams? If so, then I'm not sure who my team will be. If that's out of the window too, I'm going with Clemson.

Format's up in the air like I said in the OP. But I'm good with throwing the 3 star rule out the window and making it completely open.

One idea I'll throw out is open teams and a full 12 team custom user conference. That'd make my life easier with the scheduling, give people 8 human games a season and enough wiggle room with the CPU games to have a decent record to get better through recruiting along with a potential bowl game.

And this one's real crazy, but if the other Madden guys wanted to we could link our leagues up through the draft classes. But that one's out there.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It appears the PS3 league I've been in with college buddies is finally dead. So would this league be a custom conference with teams from all over? That could be interesting.

GCQuinton

It appears the PS3 league I've been in with college buddies is finally dead. So would this league be a custom conference with teams from all over? That could be interesting.

That's what I'm leaning towards. It's all open to suggestions right now, though.

BigAT

I'll likely be seeing what comes out on the game in the next month before I make my decision. NCAA is still kind of feeling stale to me honestly, so there's a chance I might be passing this year unfortunately. I'll try to let you know ASAP, probably right after release.

GCQuinton

So for the people that are in so far, does an all-user conference sound good to you? And can anybody vouch for Guileless? It's looking like he'll make the cut regardless but I just want to get a sense of his dependability if possible.

So for the people that are in so far, does an all-user conference sound good to you? And can anybody vouch for Guileless? It's looking like he'll make the cut regardless but I just want to get a sense of his dependability if possible.

If we do one custom conferences, we'd only have 1 or 2 people in BCS bowls unlike previous years where we'd get matched up against each other. I thought the old way was fine.

GCQuinton

If we do one custom conferences, we'd only have 1 or 2 people in BCS bowls unlike previous years where we'd get matched up against each other. I thought the old way was fine.

We probably wouldn't have more than the two BCS team limit that are eligible anyway since we'd be beating each other up. All depends on how many people we have, though. If you can think of a better way to add more human games and keep the BCS format the way we used to do it, I'm all ears.

That, and honestly I'm getting tired of having to rotate schedules manually lol.

GCQuinton

How about this (assuming we get to 12 members):

- 4 user teams per conference (2 teams in each division) across 3 conferences
- Users would have their division user opponent plus a protected rival giving them two user conference games.
- The four non-conference slots would be filled by users like we've done before.

That would give everybody 6 user games per season, which would be half of their schedule, and the best of the best would get the BCS games. If we went with an all-user conference, we'd still have four CPU games and most of us wouldn't be eligible for the BCS games as BPH mentioned.

That's two more than we've had before and, to my knowledge, the best way to balance everything. As we did last season, I'd be throwing all the automatic qualifier stuff out the window so only the top teams would get those BCS spots.

Canceled my preorders for both NCAA and Madden on 360. I'm not reupping my Xbox Live subscription just for those two games. I'll see you guys on the PS4 (next year)!

GCQuinton

This game's a lock for me. Whether it's the only football game I'm playing up until Madden PS4 remains to be seen, but I'll probably have the 360 version anyway on account of the Sunday Ticket in the Anniversary Edition.

Is the head count any clearer for the folks up in the air? I'd guess the demo might help with that too.

Splat

I played in an all user conference league for ~3 years, it was awesome. You don't fill up the BCS bowls, but it plays out a lot like real life cfb where every fucking game matters if you want a national championship. Despite that, we still had seasons where the national title game was 2 teams from our conference, and if not generally the conference title game was a title game play-in.

The 2 general ways to go about it are take over a conference for authenticity, or make a superconference where everyone generally picks a 5/6 star prestige team. Makes it easier to find people to replace people that drop out if all the teams in the league are viable contenders that way too, since no one has to think "why the fuck did someone join the superconference with purdue!?!"

I don't have time for multiple football leagues anymore, but that's what we learned, at least.

GCQuinton

So what's the updated headcount here? Folks on the fence make a decision after the demo?

*This league may determine if I keep my 360 past July.

Guileless

Turns out I'm sticking w the PS3 version this year. Demo is good after ten or so games. Oregon's HUNH will be very popular online.

GCQuinton

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call this a wrap now. I'm busy as it is and it doesn't look we'll have enough people to justify the time running it.

I guess that's that!

See you guys next-gen!

I really enjoyed the way the running game felt in the demo, felt much more natural and fluid.

VT scored on me on an option run with the QB flipping it to the trailing back at just the right time. It's so nice to see the CPU finally running a competent option game.

I'm going to try and see if I can find a sim league on OS or reddit maybe, though it seems like OS has a lot more leagues. If I find something with availability, I'll let you know GC, in the event you're looking for a league to join.

I'm definitely still getting the game to do an offline dynasty, though. Liked the demo a lot.

I especially enjoyed the fact that my RB could go off the tackle without the defensive end magically getting away from the offensive tackle to make the play.

Even had a receiver with a good block after I bounced a play outside and score a TD.

On defense, I had a safety (it might've been a corner) take the proper angle and run down a running back from behind.

It's the little things that make a big difference.

BigAT

I'm going to try and see if I can find a sim league on OS or reddit maybe, though it seems like OS has a lot more leagues. If I find something with availability, I'll let you know GC, in the event you're looking for a league to join.

I know CAG used to run a league, not sure if they still do.

Guileless

I'm going to be in a MAC ps3 online dynasty. There's something you don't hear every day.

Nightz

How can you tell if your Season Ticket is still active or not (outside of trying to download from the console)? Does it tell you on EA's website?

Edit: found it. Mine expired :(

Mine is expired too. I'm in Kansas City today so it wouldn't do any good to have it. Apparently Best Buy stores have the full version in their 360 kiosk.

Since AZ is looking for dynasties on OS, Is this league dead?

Guileless

360 league is dead. I think a lot of people are holding off on Gold renewals due to next gen.

I'm downloading the PS3 Season Ticket version now. I'll let everyone know how the new Ole Miss unis look and what a beast Bob Nkmediche is.

Top Bottom