• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Rome: Total War!! LOVE IT, BITCHES!!

ElyrionX

Damn, there's simply not enough love going around for this awesome awesome strategy game.

Currently using Scipii, 205 BC. I'm totally loving my cavalry. They're totally owning the Carthage's cavalry and infantry.........

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I really want to get this game now, but have to wait a couple of weeks. Can't wait though, it looks awesome!

ive had a blast when playing it, for the most part. the only exception are the two crashes that didnt even display an error message over the last two days. :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I finished my first campaign yesterday. I played a "short campaign" where the objectives are more condensed, took me around 20 hours. Lo and behold when I finished it unlocked 8 MORE FACTIONS to play through on the Imperial campaign. This game is just... unbelievably good.

ElyrionX

I am so deep into the game that I am afraid of starting up the game now for fear of it eating away precious hours of my time......

Mr Gump

Banned
Im more a fan of the traditional rts when it comes to multiplayer and rome doesnt deliver to my tastes there.

KingV said:
Will be trading in Fable for it later this week. Can't wait, Medieval was awesome.

NOT MEDIEVAL. GODDAMN IT. THIS IS THE AGE OF ROME STILL CHUMPS.

The dark ages (medieval era) didn't start until the collapse of the Western Roman Empire, though it could be argued that as soon as Roma was divided, all was lost... er anyway...

Also, how's the historical accuracy? I'm dying for a good historically accurate actually good game.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Err, Dragona....He's talking about Medieval: Total War, the previous game in the series.

ElyrionX

There are some historical events in Rome: Total War (Marius reforms, anyone?) but you're pretty much given free reign to carve out your own empire. I have no idea about Roman history so I may be wrong here....

If history is what you're looking for, the game does offer about 15 massive historical battles for you to play......

KingV

Just picked this up yesterday, it kicks ass, though the campaign seems harder this time around. Most of my family has been wiped out, so I'm now just building my three cities up until some more kids come of age. Then it's stomping time for the Macedonians.

edit: More to add: I played for a couple of hours last night and have just got to the point where I'm starting to get a few decent units. The early part of the game was really rough, the Greeks with their damn Armoured Hoplites were wooping my ass. Luckily I enslaved a crapload of the Greeks as one city traded hands a few times, and I've finally reached the point where I have archers. I can't wait to finally rain down fiery death upon my enemies this time.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
KingV said:
Just picked this up yesterday, it kicks ass, though the campaign seems harder this time around. Most of my family has been wiped out, so I'm now just building my three cities up until some more kids come of age. Then it's stomping time for the Macedonians.

Another way to get some more generals is to start fighting without them. When you have an army without a general, one of the units gets upgraded to a pretty pathetic captain. The thing is, if you win some good battles with the captain at the head, you get the option to adopt him into your family and he gets upgraded to a full blown general.

KingV

Schafer said:
Another way to get some more generals is to start fighting without them. When you have an army without a general, one of the units gets upgraded to a pretty pathetic captain. The thing is, if you win some good battles with the captain at the head, you get the option to adopt him into your family and he gets upgraded to a full blown general.

Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom