• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okami video

Meier

Amazing. Been stoked since it was first unveiled but this looks/moves even better than I could have imagined.

Culex

Banned
We need to sign a petition to get this GC bound. Come on Capcom/Clover, you ported all the GC games to PS2, now do the reverse!

Culex said:
We need to sign a petition to get this GC bound. Come on Capcom/Clover, you ported all the GC games to PS2, now do the reverse!

Well not everything, PN03 is still a GC exclusive. :p And ofcourse RE4.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
A perfect example of art over graphics. When a game has this much personality and artistic influence an amazing 3D engine is certainly not needed.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think we'd have more luck with a petition urging nintendosexual gafers to BUY A PS2. it'd work out for all of us. you'd have good games to play instead of metroid prime, and i wouldn't have to hear the gamecube nintendo constantly mentioned in threads that have nothing to do with the gamecube nintendo.

wanna trade RE4 for Okami

TRADE REJECTED. wolf god scampering through a beautifully realized woodblock print world >>>>>>>>>>>> another broken japanese pseudo-fps.

AssMan

Banned
This is how Wind Waker should've looked like. Dont get me wrong, WW still looks great, but applying this technique would make a really bizzare world, and the choice of style for link? Use the Four Swords art work of Link. That would fit perfectly.

Chrono

Banned
Wow.... I thought this game was interesting when I saw the screens some time ago, but seeing it in motion just owned me.

Good thing I have both a PS2 and a Gamecube. RE4 and Okami for me. :D

miyuru

Sweet, I've been waiting forever to see this game in motion. I love how fast you can move in this game - something a lot of games are lacking. It just makes you feel like you can kick that much more ass!

amazing art in this game.

Every screenshot looks like it's hand painted

920500_20040701_screen004.jpg

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
uh right.. whats with the trading of things you cant even change anyway?

I'll be playing both, sucks for whoever is a console exclusive gamer haha! sucker!

drohne

Buggy Loop said:
uh right.. whats with the trading of things you cant even change anyway?

i've just traded you to gamefaqs for a six pack of pabst and a poster to be named later. you're a tremendous poster, and we appreciate what you bring to the board, but we're just moving in a different direction right now.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I just received a DVD version of this trailer. Anybody interested in seeing it or should I not bother encoding/uploading it ?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Blimblim said:
I just received a DVD version of this trailer. Anybody interested in seeing it or should I not bother encoding/uploading it ?

That would be very nice of you.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Alright, this was indeed a tricky video to encode. It was either losing a lot of small details on the wolf or having some strange artefacts on some frames (like the waves in the beginning). I chose the details of course. Also since it uses this "paper" effect I had to use a very high bitrate, so the file is quite big.
http://www.gamesmediamirror.com/leech_679_en.html (still no logo for the site, if someone is willing to make one please contact me)

drohne

downloading now! thanks.

edit: looks fantastic. i wish we'd see more trailers of this quality. now you can really appreciate the subtle play of shadows and highlights. best use of cel shading ever.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Blimblim said:
Alright, this was indeed a tricky video to encode. It was either losing a lot of small details on the wolf or having some strange artefacts on some frames (like the waves in the beginning). I chose the details of course. Also since it uses this "paper" effect I had to use a very high bitrate, so the file is quite big.
http://www.gamesmediamirror.com/leech_679_en.html (still no logo for the site, if someone is willing to make one please contact me)

Awesome quality, bud. Thanks.

The colors stand out more in this one. Beautiful.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hmmm, true. No idea where this comes from as it is not in the original video or even in the avisynth script. Strange.
I also have the 3 minutes Resident Evil 4 trailer I could encode with the same quality.

Top Bottom