• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oldest human footprints found outside of Africa (800K years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamel

Banned
Exactly how old is the human species? I thought humans were much more ape-like at that point in time.

I think they should have said "hominid"; Homo Sapiens, modern humans, are not that old.

Edit: I think Homo Sapiens came into being 500,000 - 200,000 years ago.

Everyone here should watch the documentary "walking with cavemen" from BBC. It's excellent. I love reading about human evolution, and just to think what went on back then, and its profound consequences for us.

I think they should have said "hominid"; Homo Sapiens, modern humans, are not that old.

Edit: I think Homo Sapiens came into being 500,000 - 200,000 years ago.

Everyone here should watch the documentary "walking with cavemen" from BBC. It's excellent. I love reading about human evolution, and just to think what went on back then, and its profound consequences for us.

That documentary is wrong as its highly unlikely that homosapiens lived with homo erectus 35k years ago

Its facinating that in just a few hundred years we accomplished so much. Yet we stayed/lived basically the same for like 100k years

Lamel

Banned
That documentary is wrong as its highly unlikely that homosapiens lived with homo erectus 35k years ago

Its facinating that in just a few hundred years we accomplished so much. Yet we stayed/lived basically the same for like 100k years

Homo erectus has been found from 1.8 million years to 140,000 years ago.

I think anatomically modern homo sapiens came to being 200,000 years ago.

Source: wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom