• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OMFG!! Splinter Cell Chaos Theory > Halo 2!!

Spike

http://wham.canoe.ca/xbox/topspot/2004/08/18/589849.html

At this years X'04 event I had the opportunity to see the first player mode of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and after seeing it I’ve come away with the feeling that maybe, just maybe this could be the best game on the Xbox this Christmas. Splinter Cell should never have been taken out of the hands of UbiSoft Montreal (as it was with Pandora Tomorrow). Chaos Theory is hands down the most visually impressive title on the Xbox (even better than that ‘other’ November release), and a game filled to the brim with gameplay features designed to immerse you in the gaming experience.

To compliment the evolution in the gameplay, you’ve got what can only be described as the best graphics on the Xbox bar none.

I’ve seen the game in action (both the single player and multiplayer), and I’ve now become convinced this will be the game to own if you have an Xbox this holiday season. I can’t deny that Halo 2 will be a much better multiplayer game, but I’ll gladly apologize and admit my wrongness if it can touch the all around experience that Splinter Cell 3 will offer up in the single player campaign. Don’t be surprised if the hardcore gamers worship at the feet of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory instead of Halo 2 this Christmas.

Discuss.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Splinter Cell over Halo 2? I don't know man. I guess if you like stealth THAT MUCH maybe.

In the long run, I'd see my self playing Halo 2 more though. I don't think SC3 would hold up that long

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I predict new Ferraris for every one at Bungie this Christmas.

Chaos Theory does look a lot better than Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow gameplay wise but...More fun than Halo 2? Probably not. Especially if Pandora's multiplayer isn't included.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
If it has the same boring gameplay as the first two, i'll pass.

JayFro

Banned
Fall purchases

Halo 2
Splinter Cell 3 CH
Fable
Need for Speed Underground 2
NBA2K5
Tiger Woods 2005
Def Jam 2

My poor wallet.

Burger

1 & 2 might have looked good, but they still handled and felt like a crappy pc port using the unreal engine.

Fix the framerate you fuckers.

Alex

Splinter Cell sucks. Ubi Soft is incompetent at both campaign construction and netplay.

Halo rocks. Bungie is great at both campaign construction and netplay.

Discussion over. :p

JayFro said:
Fall purchases

Halo 2
Splinter Cell 3 CH
Fable
Need for Speed Underground 2
NBA2K5
Tiger Woods 2005
Def Jam 2

My poor wallet.

YOUR POOR WALLET? I'm buying for the Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2, PC and Game Boy Advance...And have a new handheld to buy this fall. The Nintendo DS.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'll be purchasing Chaos Theory before Halo 2, that's for sure. Unless MS magically produces a mouse and keyboard for the Xbox before then.

Welp even though this will be on the PC also. I'm getting it for the Xbox as I prefer the feeling of the analog controllers for movement in these type of games.

Fusebox

Banned
Splinter Cell was okay, but I can remember being 2 feet from a guard with my crosshair right over his nose and not hitting him when I fired.

I dont think I played much past that, that kind of gameplay-ruining inaccuracy killed it for me.

So did having save points just after long unskippable cut-scenes, was the level editor retarded or something?

>>opinions are like assholes. ...

They post at GAF?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i wasnt even that impressed by the pc game... which is sure to be prettier then the xbox version.... and dont even get me started on splinter cell's broken gameplay

JayFro

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
YOUR POOR WALLET? I'm buying for the Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2, PC and Game Boy Advance...And have a new handheld to buy this fall. The Nintendo DS.

Good luck. :)

FightyF

Banned
Well, I have to admit that it sounds extremely intruiging after reading that article. It sounds like it will kick ass.

aerofx

Seen the SC3 videos, the enemy AI still look really dumb. Maybe they'll fix it up later but I doubt it. The enemy still has that momentary invincibility when they crouch or change fire positions. Halo 2 all the way.

B E N K E

Since they're not showing anything new from Halo 2 that is only natural. The fun level, however, should not be the same.

Junon

Banned
op_ivy said:
i wasnt even that impressed by the pc game... which is sure to be prettier then the xbox version.... and dont even get me started on splinter cell's broken gameplay

Considering the game plays very well, I doubt you'd be able to start.

Ranger X

Meier said:
It's a Canadian site. I would imagine there is a slight bit of nationalism involved.

Do you really believe we are NOT a distinct society like we claim and that other Canadians that came here during the last independance referendum weren't paid by Jean Chretien to invade Quebec province and say "stay, we love you"???

As for the topic (that i barely read) --- We are fucking underrated here Ubi Soft Montreal ;)

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
ToyMachine228 said:
Ahahah you're in the EXACT same boat I'm in.

Bring on Splinter Cell 3, I'm very happy to know it has the gameplay to match the stellar graphics.

Top Bottom