• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the coolest uses of higher end graphics cards outside games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It used to be Nvidia exclusive, but no longer :D

And if you watched TV, some TV companies used a modified custom program just like this for the war in Iraq.

Checkout
http://www.keyhole.com/

For a 7-day trial.

Its by far one of the coolest modern day programs to use higherend 3d cards i've ever seen.

Eventually the entire globe will be mapped in high res.. although BFE probably won't be mapped for a long time, just imagine the number of terrabtyes! :)

*For additinal atmosphere, cue up Sim City 4 regional MP3s.

Doth Togo

"Keyhole" is a top-secret NSA/CIA program where satellites monitor the activity of specified target(s). The project began in the late 1960s. The range is classified, although rumored to be as accurate as less than 1 meter.

In layman's terms, a satellite 200 miles in space can see what you're doing in your underground bathroom using infrared spectral analysis.

Used this a few months back; pretty neat. Not exactly a lot of detail in the boonies, but we were able to find things like the Chicago apartment a friend was moving to for a few months.

RiZ III

Im having too much fun with this thing. :D

Wanna see Sakuragoaka from Shenmue but cant get an adress from around there that this thing will recognize.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
It didn't recognize the address of my old dorms so I just spent 30 minutes virtually driving to it from the interstate about 20 miles away :)

Love this thing.

For kicks, I also mapped the 2 hour walk to work that I made every day before I could afford my first car... Man, I was a trooper back in the day :)

hobbitx

That totally rocked, I just looked and my house and old school and it just blew me away. Those pics for my area are pretty old though, the Jack in the Box in my neighborhood is still a big plot of empty land and they built that 2 1/2 years ago.

B'z-chan

Banned
Great damn program i swear. If only it worked with my ATI card without making it restart my pc. I've been driving from Fresno to San Jose mapping out how i would drive somewhere. Really freaking cool how i coud actually see Direct TV dishes on houses and even Graffiti in certain cities its freaking crazy.

Kon Tiki

Banned
roast.jpg

So, no chance of using this on a Mac?

Weird thing, I just got up, and when I saw this thread it totally reminded me that I had a dream I was using this program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom