• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Veelk

Banned
We love you too Veeik

Why do people keep misspelling my username like that?

Can i add #FuckChuck to your hell

I'm not necessarily bothered so much as exasperated by people who just want to see Chuck as this cartoonish villain. I'm not opposed to the notion of "fuck Chuck", because a lot of what he does is straight up unacceptable behavior, so yeah, I don't mind people being upset about that. It's when people have that one aspect overtake the entire reading of the character. To me, it's like going to the best steakhouse in town and ordering it "super well done". And then lathering it in ketchup when it comes out. While I can't deny a person's right to their own personal taste, something in me just rebels at that and wants to challenge it. Call me elitist. And since this is a discussion board specifically designed to do just that, I don't feel bad doing so.

turmoil

Banned
dymh2cijkl6.png

--

I decided, I will read HxHiatus

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm almost tempted to ask for this thread to be locked, because nobody is talking about One Piece in the One Piece thread.
Smh.

For real. Come on people we're getting into Elbaf. Elbaf! It's a big fucking deal!

*looks at calendar* We should get the chapter on the 25th.

turmoil

Banned
Will Dorry and Broggy's fight end with a winner? Will their fight even end?

It would be cool for them to keep fighting after the end of the manga, like if they couldn't be bothered with the stuff happening outside Little Garden.

Though maybe it will depend on if Oda wants to do something with the Zoro-Sanji rivalry theme outside of gags.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
never mind\

I thought those enies lobby giants would show up in the flash back however they waited 50 years before they left elbaf and served the government for 50 years...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
We haven't really seen the top tier of giants yet though. We've seen guys from Dorry and Broggy's crew and not much else.

There was Saul who wasn't an Elbaf giant
The Marine giants during the war.
Oars and Oars Jr.
San Juan Wolf, who towers over everyone.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oars and Oars Jr.

True, but I have to imagine there's an entire tier of giants we haven't seen yet because those we have don't exactly live up to the hype.

turmoil

Banned
What I'm most hyped about what is to come(Wano and Elbaf) is that they are countries of warriors, just like the minks that resisted an attack from Jack.

In the east blue the grand line was painted as an absolutely deadly place, but then it results that it's full of islands of ordinary people and countries that have it's own relations and commerce like everyday business.

It stands out as an inconsistence, imo.

caliph95

Why do people keep misspelling my username like that?

I'm not necessarily bothered so much as exasperated by people who just want to see Chuck as this cartoonish villain. I'm not opposed to the notion of "fuck Chuck", because a lot of what he does is straight up unacceptable behavior, so yeah, I don't mind people being upset about that. It's when people have that one aspect overtake the entire reading of the character. To me, it's like going to the best steakhouse in town and ordering it "super well done". And then lathering it in ketchup when it comes out. While I can't deny a person's right to their own personal taste, something in me just rebels at that and wants to challenge it. Call me elitist. And since this is a discussion board specifically designed to do just that, I don't feel bad doing so.
I get that i'm honestly the same way Chuck is an asshole but i like the character because how well written it is and him being an asshole overtaking the conversation and not discussion it is annoying to me too. Just teasing really
What I'm most hyped about what is to come(Wano and Elbaf) is that they are countries of warriors, just like the minks that resisted an attack from Jack.

In the east blue the grand line was painted as an absolutely deadly place, but then it results that it's full of islands of ordinary people and countries that have it's own relations and commerce like everyday business.

It stands out as an inconsistence, imo.
TBF i guess it's the travelling between islands and not as that it's dangerous in the day to to life. Plus it seems the world government seems to be strongest there in the first half of the grand line so it's not as dangerous as new world where it's anarchy.Though doesn't jive when we hear the pirates like Kidd regularly slaughters and destroy entire islands but whatever. in New world they don't have the protection of the marines besides maybe places like Dressrosa not that its paradise(pun?) and pirates get to do whatever so you have to be warriors in Elbaf, Wano and Zou to survive

Syntsui

Oars and Oars Jr.

Finally someone remembered Oars Jr existed. It always bothers me when people complain about how no one dies except WB and Ace, but no one ever mentions my boy Oars Jr.

I hope we see more people from his ''tribe'' or whatever in Elbaf.

caliph95

Finally someone remembered Oars Jr existed. It always bothers me when people complain about how no one dies except WB and Ace, but no one ever mentions my boy Oars Jr.

I mean he died the same arc as ace and wasn't an a big character or anything

and yes i see the pun

LotusHD

Banned
This is what a break week does to us.

You know we fucking up when Chuck from BCS manages to get brought up in here...

I legit always forget about Oars Jr. lmao

turmoil

Banned
Here's a question: when do you see the series finishing?

My bet: 2022

2023/4
If it were up to Shueisha: >2030

TBF i guess it's the travelling between islands and not as that it's dangerous in the day to to life. Plus it seems the world government seems to be strongest there in the first half of the grand line so it's not as dangerous as new world where it's anarchy.Though doesn't jive when we hear the pirates like Kidd regularly slaughters and destroy entire islands but whatever. in New world they don't have the protection of the marines besides maybe places like Dressrosa not that its paradise(pun?) and pirates get to do whatever so you have to be warriors in Elbaf, Wano and Zou to survive

About the traveling, they must have several centuries of experience in navigation, characters make a point of how unpredictable condition are in the grand line, but most of them must be know already, but well, I don't make the rules of what is written in the books of OP world. Also, eternal poses, log poses, vivre cards should be commonplace and common knowledge ffs

Most islands looked quite deprived of marine protection, also. They survival looked dependent on the goodwill of the pirates more than any capacity of the WG. If I were a background character in a shonen I wouldn't bet my survival on the likes of Pell.

This is what a break week does to us.

Yeah, we are the victims here

caliph95

2023/4
If it were up to Shueisha: >2030

About the traveling, they must have several centuries of experience in navigation, characters make a point of how unpredictable condition are in the grand line, but most of them must be know already, but well, I don't make the rules of what is written in the books of OP world. Also, eternal poses, log poses, vivre cards should be commonplace and common knowledge ffs

Most islands looked quite deprived of marine protection, also. They survival looked dependent on the goodwill of the pirates more than any capacity of the WG. I wouldn't bet my survival on the likes of Pell.

Yeah, we are the victims here
Fair enough most people don't seem to travel that much to be fair and i don't know enough about op to argue about the travelling bit.

This isn't a big deal or anything but Albasta had protection of Crocodile and support of the world Government as a result and i'm betting guys like Pell can handle most pirates most of them aren't Warlonds or Supernova level. I can justify that the reason is peaceful because marines and warlords still a big deal to keep away most pirates who try to keep themselves on the downlow or avoid major battles with the marines. Grasping at staws though. Plus most pirates are concerned with the New world so they don't probably raid paradise so much

turmoil

Banned
Fair enough most people don't seem to travel that much to be fair and i don't know enough about op to argue about the travelling bit.

This isn't a big deal or anything but Albasta had protection of Crocodile and support of the world Government as a result and i'm betting guys like Pell can handle most pirates most of them aren't Warlonds or Supernova level. I can justify that the reason is peaceful because marines and warlords still a big deal to keep away most pirates who try to keep themselves on the downlow or avoid major battles with the marines. Grasping at staws though. Plus most pirates are concerned with the New world so they don't probably raid paradise so much

Each year at least one person as strong as Luffy/Kidd/Law should be going into the grand line, there are like 7 routes or so, so from time to time they should face strong pirates that behave like pirates, the likes of Luffy are more an exception instead of the rule. That's why I think that the peoples of the grand line should have been depicted as enduring permanent hardships to be consistent with the worldbuilding.

caliph95

Each year at least one person as strong as Luffy/Kidd/Law should be going into the grand line, there are like 7 routes or so, so from time to time they should face strong pirates that behave like pirates, the likes of Luffy are more an exception instead of the rule. That's why I think that the peoples of the grand line should have been depicted as enduring permanent hardships to be consistent with the worldbuilding.
IDK man it's one piece
True i'm just grasping at straws here it's always weird that we hear how people in passing are getting slaughtered by people like Kidd by the villages or islands and how dangerous the world is yet you see happy go lucky people most of the time. Though this is more One piece wanting to keep it's light hearted tone than anything

turmoil

Banned
IDK man it's one piece
True i'm just grasping at straws here it's always weird that we hear how people in passing are getting slaughtered by people like Kidd by the villages or islands and how dangerous the world is yet you see happy go lucky people most of the time. Though this is more One piece wanting to keep it's light hearted tone than anything

I agree that stuff like that wouldn't be showed at present time in such a lighthearted series. Maybe something like 'most crews usually behave because they need to resupply at the ports' would have worked as a footnote.

caliph95

What would be her fruit be
the moe-moe fruit?
I agree that stuff like that wouldn't be showed at present time in such a lighthearted series. Maybe something like 'most crews usually behave because they need to resupply at the ports' would have worked as a footnote.
Tbf i think that was a thing in the ship building island in the cp9 arc, though it help the workers there are stronger than the average pirate crew

turmoil

Banned
What would be her fruit be
the moe-moe fruit?

Monet's

But the moe moe no mi would be ok too

Tbf i think that was a thing in the ship building island in the cp9 arc, though it help the workers there are stronger than the average pirate crew

Yep, should have been extended to all islands.

Trash Trash Fruit.

Jeez I realize Weevil will show up at Wano.

I wish not, Weevil is so damn ugly.

[Wait for the backstory and all that]

bjork

Could there be a time travel fruit? What would happen if the future and current owners of the fruit met themselves?

Top Bottom